Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Too bad it's been like 2 years since I purchased Starbound, and therefore, cannot use the Steam Refund System to gain back my dignity.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
hello, any thing new with the Starbound?

thank you

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
im goin to blow up the Chucklefish office. this is a real, legitimate threat,

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
well, after I watch Kevin James play the role of Paul Blart in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, which I spent 10$ to rent, and will compare to the 10$ I spent on Starbound

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

victrix posted:

"As developers, we’ve been inspired by all the games we grew up playing. From isometric 80s classics to Castlevania, Zelda, Metroid. Celebrated platformers like Mario and Sonic, RPGs such as Elder Scrolls and Ultima, and iconic handheld games such as Pokemon. Starbound draws on numerous classic influences, while taking a thoroughly modern approach to crafting, narrative and world-building. It’s an amalgamation of the games we loved as kids, and the games we love now, fully focused on providing the player with an engrossing, fun experience."

Starbound devs don't know what Terraria is!

Perhaps you should provide them with a link to this strange other game.

uhm.. the lead developper of Starbound worked on Terraria, you fuckin idiot lmfao

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

victrix posted:

"As developers, we’ve been inspired by all the games we grew up playing. From isometric 80s classics to Castlevania, Zelda, Metroid. Celebrated platformers like Mario and Sonic, RPGs such as Elder Scrolls and Ultima, and iconic handheld games such as Pokemon. Starbound draws on numerous classic influences, while taking a thoroughly modern approach to crafting, narrative and world-building. It’s an amalgamation of the games we loved as kids, and the games we love now, fully focused on providing the player with an engrossing, fun experience."

you're sOOOOOOOOO stupid, SOOOOOOOOO loving Stupid

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

victrix posted:

youre a worst game fact-reporter than Kotaku rofl.. kill yourself... thanks

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
[yeah I can only afford a maximum of 3 MiB/s download speed.. go ahead make fun of me lol... but know this: I can't afford better internet cause of Starbound]

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I had to pay a late fee of 10$ when I went to Videotron today lol, they trapped me and my social anxieties didn't know how to say "well ill pay it next time" so i just paid the 10$ late fee, then realised I didn't have enough money anymore to rent the movie, so I kind of just left it on the front desk after paying the 10$ late fee and came home to downlaod it

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Kevin james is lookin kind of fat again lol.. and he has a mexican daughter.. was that in the first one?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I'm more concerned by why so many people are pirating such a bad movie.

lol how ironic ur sying this in this thread... :troll:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

Weren't you briefly a mod of the Starbound forums?

Is that why you're all crazy now?
e: or are you pissed cause they fired you?

:stare:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
oh my freaking god lol..

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i got fried from my high-ranking position as video game forum moderator. i no longer make 19$ per hour moderating the forum of the video game, and am really Pissed about it..

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

I am truley sorry for your lots.

How's the movie?

it's good. Kevin James is playing Paul Blart, the lovable idiotic buffoon Mall Cop. He's in Las Vegas now, at a Mall Cop convention, while some really crazy stuff is going down.. [not going to spoil this] but he's going thru a lot of emotional stuff, and hell, i'm rooting for him to save the day..

Turtlicious posted:

what's the verb for taking away modship if not fired?

unmoderatored

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao Braww you can't moderate the forum with like 150 active posters in it, how are you going to feed your wife and children now

what about your health insurance???

hey... at least I got to ban the nerds... it was epic.. ftw.. Tiy lied and I don't even have a retirement fund set up.. lol.. fck.. don't believe his lies.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Paul Blart 2:Mall Cop was probably more enjoyable than Starbound. The former surprised me with it's rather deep story and, while it wasn't all that funny, it was touching.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
secrets of grindea is p. epic btw

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

On top of that were the people Tiy just found excuses to add to the dev chat, usually random girls. They'd hang around and then usually leave because of circumstances I'm not permitted to talk about, but it was additional white noise and another opinion I had to deal with when pitching something.

lmao don't diss me like this behind my back, dawg

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
The Dark Souls of Space Exploration Sandbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

FluffySquirrel posted:

Well, so far my experience of it has been:

Oooh, nice intro
Gotta get the core fragments still? :(
30 minutes later. Well, got the core fragments and got back up, that's certainly a half hour I've not had to waste 3 or so times already and is horrible and tedious
Hmm, niftier outpost
Oooh, a story!
Oh I died.. still 30% pixel loss still I see.. .. and.. I dropped a ton of items, what the hell? :argh:
It defaults to terraria mediumcore.. I did not notice this. I now don't really want to play on this character
I also don't want to spend an hour getting back to where I was.. collecting core fragments. Again

1 hour 20 minutes was my count before the game made me want to stop playing it. A new record I think

I might try again tomorrow. Unless someone has a change difficulty mod on steam

i havent even played the game in a really long time but you're most likely autistic

• Locked thread