Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Trast posted:

Don't be Scared Hoagie with shredded spider crab leg meat dip.

ahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I humbly speculate that the one-legged 40 year old who got knocked out the other day by some guy will struggle more than anticipated

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
A guy that hasn't won since 2012 vs a guy that hasn't won since 2011.
Somehow this is one of the most anticipated fights of 2015.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Yeah the main card is actually very strong overall excepting maybe Leites Boetsch, but there's still enough possibility there for a cool finish that I'm not dreading it. The undercard is significantly less strong but there are a few solid or fun fights on there. McCall Lineker might be good, Brandao Hettes will either end spectacularly in the first four minutes or be a hilarious pile of poo poo. This is the card we deserve in 2015.

If the weakest fight on the main is Leites/Boetsch the card is in excellent shape because that's a pretty good fight

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

fatherdog posted:

If the weakest fight on the main is Leites/Boetsch the card is in excellent shape because that's a pretty good fight

Boetsch is my spirit animal. I hope he pulls out one of his miracle last minute KOs.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
McMann/Tate and McCall/Lineker are fights that wouldn't be out of place on any PPV. Even the facebook prelims aren't bad.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

McMann/Tate and McCall/Lineker are fights that wouldn't be out of place on any PPV. Even the facebook prelims aren't bad.

I feel like the Tate/McMann fight is going to be super slow and grindy just given their backgrounds. McMann likely wins because Tate looked god awful against Rin Nakai of all people.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Boetsch is my spirit animal. I hope he pulls out one of his miracle last minute KOs.

I hope Boetsch hits a single immaculately textbook Harai Goshi and that nothing else of note happens for fifteen minutes

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Trast posted:

Don't be Scared Hoagie

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
a miesha tate fight would be out of place on a ppv because she's loving abysmal to watch

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Miesha Tate is really entertaining when someone is beating the poo poo out of her.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

My heart of hearts wants to believe this but I've been burned by them both too many times to say it out loud. Though it's probably easier to blame the Hermans and Philippous for bad fights than it is the Boetsches and Leiteses...

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Trast posted:

I feel like the Tate/McMann fight is going to be super slow and grindy just given their backgrounds. McMann likely wins because Tate looked god awful against Rin Nakai of all people.

Tate is garbage to watch but I mean it's important to the division, like that magical time in 2013 when we had to see Francois Carmont on main cards.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
about to go caveman after bitch throwing

destroying PSP's least favorite fighter

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Being amazing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ariza posted:

Being amazing

Least favourite "not Jon Jones" fighter, possibly.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Kelvin's ability to take the back from almost any position is uncanny and once he's there the RNC finish is pretty much guaranteed.

It still blows me away that he's just a couple years removed from being last pick on TUF and moonlighting as a highway patrol officer.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

1st AD posted:

Kelvin's ability to take the back from almost any position is uncanny and once he's there the RNC finish is pretty much guaranteed.

It still blows me away that he's just a couple years removed from being last pick on TUF and moonlighting as a highway patrol officer.

He's only about 5 years removed from high school.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I hope kelvin wins so we get our condit woodley rematch

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kelvin-Woodley and Lauzon-Iaquinta would be locks for Fight of the Night on any other card, so I'm interested to see how the bonuses shake out. I think Silva gets PotN but that fight is not going to last very long or be as fun as some people think, I bravely predict.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Tate is garbage to watch but I mean it's important to the division, like that magical time in 2013 when we had to see Francois Carmont on main cards.

Oh my god I forgot Francis Carmont exists

That's probably not that unique, though, you could forget he exists while actually watching him fight

"Hey why's that Brazilian guy in the octagon circling around nothing"

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

kelvin v dong in a back taking off

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The difference is that Kelvin can finish once he has the back, DHK just kind of hangs on and gasses himself out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bundt Cake posted:

kelvin v dong in a back taking off

The Boost wireless "butterered toast tied to the back of a cat" fight of the night

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think Kelvin beats Dong Kim these days.

I know MMAth is going to give us that answer anyways in 2 days, but for now, yeah, Kelvin 's only real weakness is he gets hit a ton in fights but he's young enough/confidence from being undefeated where that isn't a major problem yet.

minoru suzuki posted:

I hope kelvin wins so we get our condit woodley rematch

I think you meant you hope anderson wins so we get our condit diaz rematch. Woodley can either have a terrible fight with Lombard if Rory loses or maybe the winner of Brown/Hendricks

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I keep wondering when the UFC is going to plunder Invicta for more bantamweights but there aren't too many prospects down there that Ronda wouldn't tear apart. When she likely finishes Cat she's got Bethe and Holly Holm to look forward to and then a big old nothing. I doubt the UFC is interested in giving Sarah Kaufman another shot at Ronda. Tate getting mauled a third time might make for some hype in the media. Jessica Eye keeps getting popped for stuff in shady commissions.

Also drat you for reminding me of Francois Carmont on the main card.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Sprecherscrow posted:

He's only about 5 years removed from high school.

If Kevin G wins the title this year, will he ruin Jones's special night as youngest champion?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If Kevin G wins the title this year, will he ruin Jones's special night as youngest champion?

Looked up some dates and did a little math because I'm a massive dork, and Kelvin has until June 23rd.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

Looked up some dates and did a little math because I'm a massive dork, and Kelvin has until June 23rd.

I hope Rory, Johny, & Lombard all get killed by Godzilla (or some other natural disaster) & Brown destroys it but is hurt for six months and Gastelum gets a chance to fight Robbie for the title and wins. Otherwise, we're stuck with Bones until someone else is better. I'm hoping for a relatively unknown to step up for a title shot (like Soto) and somehow take the belt just because it would take that away from Jones.

QA is live before the weighins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHFkLlpodBQ

but they're filming it from the worst possible seats so I have no idea what the gently caress is happening other than Conor saying he'd fight at welterweight.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 30, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ariza posted:

I hope Rory, Johny, & Lombard all get killed by Godzilla (or some other natural disaster) & Brown destroys it but is hurt for six months and Gastelum gets a chance to fight Robbie for the title and wins. Otherwise, we're stuck with Bones until someone else is better. I'm hoping for a relatively unknown to step up for a title shot (like Soto) and somehow take the belt just because it would take that away from Jones.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the strawweight division. It's a new division and there's a lot of room for new faces to develop quickly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ariza posted:

QA is live before the weighins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHFkLlpodBQ

but they're filming it from the worst possible seats so I have no idea what the gently caress is happening other than Conor saying he'd fight at welterweight.

Jesus loving Christ, people from Cork are scum

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
eh Jones is honing in on most title defenses ever + other records so I don't think he'll give a gently caress. between obtaining more difficult records and cocaine he'll be numb to no longer being the youngest fighter to win a UFC championship.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even if you couldn't hear the accents or see the big spud heads on them, you could tell the irish people instantly in the Q&A

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the strawweight division. It's a new division and there's a lot of room for new faces to develop quickly.

Plus Thug Rose still has over a year to pull it off.

Edit: Specifically she has until 2/26/16

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

eh Jones is honing in on most title defenses ever

That makes me more sad than any sport thing ever really should. Is this what people feel like when their team loses the Super Bowl?

Sprecherscrow posted:

Plus Thug Rose still has over a year to pull it off.

Edit: Specifically she has until 2/26/16

That fight was as sad as all of Barry's blended together. I wonder how many tear were spilt in their home that week?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

jeremybotter posted:

Am told Kelvin Gastelum’s weight cut has gone about as poorly as possible, but Dana White tells me the fight is still on.

That was about a half hour ago, weighins go live in an hour.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Goddammit, Kelvin

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Kelvin really needs to quit visiting his mother during camp. Also, I do wish KG had an easier time making weight because if he could cut to 155 he would be a loving monster in that division.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Did any goons make him cry this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
7 pm EST weigh in is pretty late for a Las Vegas card, yeah?

• Locked thread