Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
3rd cant come soon enough only put 15 towards the game so i have to wait for the actual release :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Welp the game is live and no backer key yet...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Innerguard posted:

Retrieve all your humble store keys. Should be listed there.

i backed it in kickstarter.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh if people backed the game at the lower levels they get their keys now?
my understanding of kickstarter backing was that when the game went live i'd get one.

Its live!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LizardBeam posted:

If you didn't back at Wanderer tier or higher, you'll get your key when the game releases fully, probably around mid-year.

wat...

So you're saying if i paid 5 dollars more a year ago I'd get the key?

Thats kinda insulting...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LizardBeam posted:

I could be wrong, it could have been the 3 day head start for Wanderer+. If not, yeah, it seems like a weird/bad decision. Either way, it should be showing up via Humble Bundle. Just try to retrieve your keys and see if it pops up.

Bad decision and what do you mean humble bundle poo poo?
I don't understand. I don't have kickstarter linked to humble bundle

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LizardBeam posted:

It's tied to your email account. If you used the same email for both, you can just sign into Humble and in your library, I think, there should be an option to retrieve keys or something. If you're having trouble, there's this link: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender which should resend it.

thanks I claimed it I still don't see a key.

Honestly this is a bad decision if they're selling it but not giving it to about 3200 people. Its insulting. I guess my definition of release and theirs is different. Back in my day released meant you could buy it.

Now we have all this early access bullshit where you can buy the game and its not technically released even though anyone can get it? :confused:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'd actually suggest complaining to the Developers via twitter or something similar. They're pretty responsive and may step up and help you guys.

PLan on politely messaging them that its rather upsetting.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

S.J. posted:

I thought the Kickstarter was pretty straightforward on whether or not you'd get the game at Early Access or on release.

I looked at the early acces page it didn't have a "pay 20 dollars to get it" until today.
To me thats early access.

WHen you can physically buy the game that's release.

E:

The fact that some schmuck that didnt even know about the game until today can go out and buy it while i have to wait half a year is spit in my eye.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

S.J. posted:

It isn't, actually. Early Access is basically just paid beta testing, not the actual release. The 20 dollar and above tiers in the Kickstarter explicitly say you get Early Access, the 15 dollar tier does not.

I'm sorry I guess I"m used to a time where bullshit like paying to play for beta didn't exist. Had I known they were going to do that maybe I would have shelled out five more dollars instead of feeling jilted. like 3,200 other people.

Y know its funny cause its like what am I even getitng out of it extra? Jack poo poo.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

S.J. posted:

You did know they were going to do that. Or at least, they made it known to you. Early Access is right there on the kickstarter reward tiers. You should probably do more research in the future when purchasing games well before they're released.

Well it also says january is when I should get my key. Its february now.

Also early access for BACKERS. IT never said mass public.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Demiurge4 posted:

What's available right now is half the game, though, so they haven't cheated you. That said I get the frustration but I went for the $20 tier specifically to get access to the game asap.

Well i can get from a business stance why they're doing it, but yeah I do feel cheated and a little jilted. An explanation from them would be appreciated. I have yet to hear back after asking about it from them about an hour ago.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I think there are ways to up the kickstarter reward among other things, so I would reach out to the devs. Either way, if the early access is this feature complete I can't imagine full release is far off.

that sounds reasonable. I just wish I could get a response from them =/

TheBlandName posted:

From the official twitter, Nomad was supposed to be for people who didn't want any part of Early access and the sometimes sweeping changes that occur. Contact backersupport AT redhookgames DOT com and they may manually force a tier upgrade. I only say may because I'm unaffiliated and I can't promise anything, and I haven't had to go through that channel.

God why does everyone use twitter? The worst form of social media.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

S.J. posted:

It's Early Access day 1, I doubt they'll get to you for a bit, honestly. It's not a huge team.

Actually Day 4 I get what you guys are saying. I wasn't even aware that 50% of the game wasn't in yet. So yeah its fairish I guess. Just upsetting hopefully I can get a response and my game updated. I'm willing to throw more money at these guys.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kyrosiris posted:

Because it's quick and easy and discoverable (even without an account)?

You say that, but it also is the worst pile of poo poo ever. Let me break down the problems with twitter and honestly why it is terrible for get - (BEYOND CHARACTER LIMIT)

Absolutely terrible for delivering a message. Why they keep that limit is beyond me, and it is the reason why I will never use it. I simply refuse to speak like a retarded caveman more than I already do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pretty much, but 140 characters is abysmally bad.