Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This game is really good, and very mean when the RNG decides to give you a good loving.

Some enemies seem far more broken than others. The bandit ranged guys can do 8-10 damage to your entire party on a crit. I was literally on the last room of a pretty long run with everyone at 80%+ health and lowish stress with plenty of light, and one really exceedingly bad round resulted in a dead party member and everyone with 2-3 health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am sorry for bringing this up again, but I'd really like to start playing and joining the discussion.
I keep opening the game only to be greeted by a black screen; I hear the narration of the initial cutscene and if I push buttons on my keyboard I can interrupt it, but since I can't see the game I can't play. I get the impression that the game is running in the background and I just can't see it.
Putting it in window mode helped exactly once, and only up to my first visit in the hamlet, the graphics drivers on my card (which is a Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, even though I have NVIDIA Control Panel installed for some reason) are up to date and I don't know where else to look.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/611696927918386895/

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, the guy killing all the bosses hit the little guy, and the boss responded by immediately critting the whole party for like 30+ damage and didn't stop after he finally killed him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's some good combos really. Two Crusaders with Holy Lance at the front will let you wax ranged assholes incredibly fast (have the one in back lance, moving him to the front, then the next one follows up with the same) when paired with an Occultist or Plague Doctor with the appropriate skills while giving you two tanky dudes to suck up hits.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I watched 5 minutes of a streamer and it basically was DarkestDungeon.mkv

He absolutely obliterated two combat encounters with non-stop crits and ended with a party at low stress and max HP. One bandit encounter later, he's down a highwayman and everyone is half dead- the streamer just staring in disbelief at the screen with his mouth open.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Unless I've missed it the one thing I think I wish was a feature in the game was classes having different amounts of stress resistance by default. Like, by their description in the KS updates I was hoping the Leper would be basically a sort of weaker, harder-to-heal fighter that had the benefit of have powerful stress resistance due to being well, a leper and not giving a flying gently caress anymore.

Maybe Crusaders and Vestals aren't -disturbed- by unholy enemies because it's their gigs destroying them to begin with, but they're totally hosed up by seeing Eldritch horrors.

There's not really much interaction between the different classes outside of "religious" related camping skills like the Vestal's.

I was thinking you'd have stuff like Crusaders and Vestals being bothered by having an Occultist in their party with his weird heals and attacks, or not finding the Highwayman's Gallows Humor funny, where the Bounty Hunter/Highwayman/Grave Robber don't particularly find the Jester amusing. That sort of stuff.

If it's in there I haven't really noticed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda like like when negative quirks work out with some sort of theme:

My Dismas is a complete shitkicker who is obsessed with, and bad with money.

:allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just started playing again.

bow lady and Man at Arms are really good, with Man At Arms seeming to be really, really ridiculously loving good when tanked up with good trinkets.

Was underwhelmed with the cannon boss. Welp that's my story thanks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

victrix posted:

This game is too long. Or too long for what it is, or whatever.

Also pretty bummed I didn't hear any new VO from when I last/first played it in EA a year ago :(

There are more clips from the narrator than there were a year ago- you just haven't heard them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder when they went to just using "Darkest Dungeon 2".

Didn't they originally tease a sequel that was set on a mountain called "The Howling End"?