Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god this game looks fantastic and now i want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reasonably sure the dungeons themselves are merely consistent themes on randomized layouts/contents

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is the crusader supposed to be a straight-up visual homage to oscar from dark souls because that's all i've been able to see them as

e: like i'm 100% ok with that, i'm just curious if it is intentional

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 1, 2015

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have the feeling the best use for low light levels is disposable newbie missions while you're getting your long-term people up to strength after bad runs of luck

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah honestly i don't see myself using the vestal's heals unless i've got people on death's door, and in that case 1 hp is probably not going to be functionally different from 3

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This game's art style looks extremely good but the gameplay looks like basically nothing but RNG, then your only responses to the RNG are various ways of placing your trust in the RNG again. Do you have much control or ways to get 100% chances on things that matter or is it always a prayer simulator?

i'd say it's no more rng than FTL

and unlike FTL you really can't gently caress yourself over permanently, at least not at the moment

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
occultist healing works best if you're super proactive about it and keep people from getting near DD in the first place

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funnypost Collabo posted:

everything that does a scary amount of damage to you in level 1 dungeons is extremely squishy and will die in 1 or 2 hits.

bone arbalist will gently caress up your day and has more hp than every other level 1 skeleton save the big one

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happens if you lose too many adventurers and didn't upgrade your coach's carry capacity to 4 anyway, can you actually lose :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no i mean if you have less than 2 live adventurers and you get 2 adventurers in your coach per week, can you be locked out of any further missions

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

Remove the bleed effect from Incision and make it deal additional damage based on how many ticks of blight or bleed damage are left on the enemy. Encourage synergy with hellions & highwaymen, ala the occultist/bounty hunter. Change the skill name to something like Bad Medicine. See how they wither and die!

or have it proc all remaining dots at once on hit :unsmigghh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if they weighted it by average or something

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, occultist's bleed resist is what counts for his heal?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh i see i'm dumbbbbb

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plague doctor could probably use having the mark status attached to one of their skills

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the issue is you very well might end up with a full inventory without opening any likely-trapped objects

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if it isn't already, the chance should definitely scale with "how much distance since the last hunger event"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Akumos posted:

I don't personally find the "dialogue" that fun or interesting, it's pretty annoying, yeah.

this game may have been a poor choice for you

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wolfhounds look really loving badass

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally got around to buying this game and man i suck

it feels like the early game is just a matter of trying to grab as much gold and upgrade mats with disposable heroes as i can, my mans are coming back all crazy and i don't have the resources to fix them :(

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do all the male characters get badass things to say when facing death by the heart and almost all of the women do not

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any strategy guide resources where they go pretty in-depth on how you can effectively use each class and how to make party comp work

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do i acquire money faster than or at least as quickly as i end up spending it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
having more than 1 leper is definitely looking more and more like a mistake, even with a roster size of 28. i could have another plague doctor in that slot. less disease more cure :v:

might just mod my game to allow a slightly larger maximum roster, as is i can't even have 2 of each class. how much effect would that have on the game's balance?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want to like the leper, really i do

but having one around is enough, i think

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who's miron

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"Wait, did you actually beat her with just the Leper?"

"Yeah, 82 turns"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, it's called chewing through the 1st/2nd row until there is no 3rd/4th row

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anybody tried modding lepers' revenge to have an advance 1 rider on it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly sanitarium quirk treatments should cause like, 75 stress :getin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolwhoami posted:

That just sounds like more more grinding :(

i'd also make quirk treatment cheaper

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wafflecopper posted:

So it costs the same in the end but your heroes are out of action for 2 weeks instead of 1?

my ~verisimilitude~

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wafflecopper posted:

You didn't see it before because it's new in the last patch.

Something that should be obvious but took me a while to realise: the debuff-clearing effect of herbs applies to debuffs from camp skills, eg the -2 speed on restring crossbow.

so what you're saying is bring along some herb on a party that's going to drink with the hellion for extra fun times

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the religious/nonreligious quality isn't explicitly listed

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
arbalest has great damage from the backrow that can hit the enemy backrow and has a decent heal. they can clear marks and stuns off allies which makes certain bosses and enemies much less painful. they have a strong heal skill and team buff skill in camp. they're very different from the highwayman

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is that the intended comp lineup? what's your general gameplan with that comp

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if anything the three classes should just take a stress hit comparable to being in a dungeon over their level instead of being completely hard-forbidden

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy lmao the jester just cant get a break

jesus

is there a good mod that makes the jester a class that functions

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anybody here played pitch black dungeon and if so can you summarize what it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whenever i see deus vult i doubletake because im used to seeing it purely as a dogwhistle