Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
God drat, this was worth the wait from kickstarting.

I bought in at the $95 tier and I have no regrets. I've been playing constantly since I got my key, and I've lost three dudes so far.

My only real quibble is the damned cost of curing stress. 1k minimum, assuming the caretaker is not occupying that slot. I'd like maybe to see some kind of slight boon to players in the form of not losing all your food/torches etc if you abandon a quest, or perhaps at least refunding a percentage of that cost. Maybe even lowering the cost of curing stress depending on how many heroes you have left.
As in, if you only have 4 heroes total, cost is like 250 gold.

My first two delving attempts ended in complete disaster and I'd plugged so much money into the runs. I know that is the point, but it left me unable to do anything with any future guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

I haven't had much chance to use him, sadly. The first one I got was killed in a manner best not described anywhere. My biggest issue right now is that I'm running out of decent quests. My "main" guys hit level 3 and now they won't join parties to kill the low tier bosses anymore so I have to build a new set of guys and get them to level 2.

I lost a good party to brigands in one dungeon. The big one has a whip attack that applies bleed to your entire party, the rogue has a double attack that does enormous damage and the gunner will also brutalize your party with a full party barrage. I haven't figured out an effective strategy to deal with them because the big guy takes up two spots and not a lot of single target attacks can hit the back line.

Suggestion for that last problem : plague doctor with the blinding powder? The one which disables the two in enemy back row. That might help you out.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

My brigand liked it so much he refuses to do anything but flagellate himself now.

And I didn't realize that plague doctor skill was a thing, I'll spec into it from now on.

Yeah, the plague doctor double-disable is a god send for dealing with the four brigand spawn, when you have the two gunners two ruffians. It only does 1 damage, but has a high stun chance - and hits both back row at the same time.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

How much money do they want for this?

Unknown on steam EA price, but kickstarter was $15 (did NOT include early access if memory serves)

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lotish posted:

So if I don't have an opportunity to camp, is my only source of healing food? Because I rather naively ate all my food before I got a hunger event, not realizing that those would happen even if I'd been stuffing their faces literally moments before to keep their health up, and suddenly everyone was at death's door from hunger. :rolleyes:

Yes, unless you have a character with healing abilities (like the vestal or occultist) which work only in combat. The mission overview shows a campfire symbol and a number, indicating the number of times you can camp there (which are chosen by you, so do so wisely.)

I saw one of the devs responding to a thread on the steam forum asking for a bit more ui clarity on camping and such, and they seemed in favour of doing so.

edit : What the hell are 'Ancestral' items?

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 31, 2015

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

I feel like losing all the resources you buy when you win or lose is unfair. I just bought a bunch of supplies, got wrecked by bandits, and had to leave. Now I can't afford to rebuy and I'm pretty screwed.

Agreed. I'm not sure if the material cost of the un-used items is refunded or not. If not, I think it should be - or at least a percentage. A breakdown of items brought + cost vs what was obtained would also be handy. Nothing really complex, but just enough to see if a run is profitable or not.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

It's a Steam early release. I tried verifying the steam cache, but it still doesn't work.

Try this:

-Darkest Dungeon Properties
-Set Launch Options
-size 1280 720

or disable steam overlay.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

I have no idea why, but it now works!
Thank you Innerguard, I'll name my first Crusader after you.

Give me a good death!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

I have yet to see a houndmaster or a arbalest in game, anybody else seen those? Probably not done yet.

Also it occurs to me that we don't have any standard wizard class. That's kinda lame. I'd love to have a black mage that's sadistic and yelling at all my other party members for how poo poo they are. :haw:

Low fantasy setting (though there is a distinct lovecraftian emphasis) means that outright magic and such isn't really there.

Closest thing you've got is the occultist to a mage. Plague Doctor is just an rear end in a top hat with bombs.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Those rabid dogs are assholes. Well, lots of things are assholes, but those fuckers were giving my dudes negative traits all the goddamn time.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Good news! Bandits with the rifle (those bastards that can fire a broadside at all your party) have been adjusted, according to the dev twitter.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

Welp the game is live and no backer key yet...

Retrieve all your humble store keys. Should be listed there.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Serpentis posted:

By the way, if you were one of the people who got to design heroes or items, they're now in the full release. The traits you assigned your hero are locked in from recruitment, positive and negative. Haven't tried getting the item I designed yet.

Once I've made sure that's in I'll post the hero / item name in here for people to use.

Yeah, subject to balancing. Those who backed, check to see your dude got their traits right.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Personalized Trinkets Coming Later this Week!
Hello backers!

Originally we hoped to have your custom equippable trinkets in place for today's launch. Despite some very late night heroics, we couldn't finish all 400+ trinkets without jeopardizing the game's stability this morning.

We are working hard on them, and plan to get them in later this week. Stay tuned for updates, and thank you for your understanding. This remains extremely high priority for us!

For any questions, please email backersupport@redhookgames.com

--The Darkest Dungeon Team

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Oh poo poo. You can actually assault the Darkest Dungeon from the word go.

N-Not that I want to. I just... saw it was open.

Do it. Report back.....

If you dare.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who is aptly skilled willing to delve into the dark recesses of the game files to find the list of kickstarter inputted heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hm..

The teaser from last? year was on a mountain and icy, this is some form of destroyed buildings. I do hope they haven't abandoned the initial setting
Call me picky but also querying their choices for characters to show - showing the man at arms and occultist is good, shows it isnt just base heroes from DD1 but people liked Reynauld and Dismas.
You gonna show the highwayman but not the crusader? :/