Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really like the whole death's door mechanic so far. As long as you can desperately cling to at least 1 HP sonic style you still have hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Why doesn't healing skills gain anything from upgrading? I feel as though healing in general should be buffed a bit.

[e] Aw man my virtuous vestal with nymphomania and a lazy eye died.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 31, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Megasabin posted:

How feature complete/how much replayability does this game have in its current state? Just reading the stories its incredibly tempting to pick it up on Tuesday, but I usually exhaust a game in 1 period of playing it, and rarely ever go back, so I may want to hold off until there is more content.

It as about 4 dungeons with 4(ish) repeating mission types. As far as replayability goes this is totally an x-com type game where you'll probably play it a ton if you like the dungeon diving and combat and messing with party composition.

As far as feature completeness I think the only thing missing is the final dungeon and 6 of the classes. I'm 7 hours in and I'm not even comfortable enough to try another dungeon (to be fair I started over a few times after losing some key members) so for my money it's easily worth $20.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 1, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lotish posted:

I wish there was more reasoning behind when your party decides to get hungry. It seems to be completely random. Sometimes I can clear an entire (short) dungeon without a single hunger attack, and other times they seem to get hungry every time they step into a new hallway.

Yeah, I hate this too. I wish we just got a meter so we could just be done with it. It sucks being punished because you randomly had to expend 4 rations 3 times in a short dungeon run.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

The 'lord class' is exclusive to backers who backed at the 'lord' level. Which isn't me, and definitely isn't anybody who didn't back it.

The starting quests are all short. They get higher level and longer as you go. It takes a long time to build up.

On the bright side now the rest of us don't have to feel like we're super missing out, but yeah that's kinda bullshit.

IMO they should make another class and give it to the 'lord' tier free, and make it DLC for everybody else. I'd happily chip in another $5-10 for more classes.

The one lord backer on kickstarter just gets to design a class that every body gets (Which is why the picture in the op just has ?) so we could very well get a wizard dude. The only ks exclusive is a variant on the merchant.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

Also it's $20 :negative:

For those of you who had the Kickstarter access, how worth it is it if I'm a big fan of roguelikes and XCOM?

It's great.

The game is totally different from xcom but I still have the same feelings as when I play it. Like 'oh poo poo that last mission went really bad and I only have these scrubs to work with' or the whole run going south fast with people freaking out because you made a bad decision.

If I had a complaint it's that I wish they went more roguelike with the equipment. You can't collect weapons and Armor which sucks and the trinkets could be more interesting.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Firstborn posted:

I feel the same way about the equipment and stuff. It'd be nice to find weapons and armor even if they had the same questionable and weird rolls as some of the trinkets I got.

Trinkets would be way cooler if they copied diablo and had the rare stuff do unique things specifically since most of it is class locked. Like class x's skill y now affects 3 targets or skill z now heals 10% of damage afflicted. As of now they are useful but really boring thus not fun to collect.

If it's a balance issue just make them disappear on the death of a character and permanent if you give them to someone (maybe you can pay someone to remove them). I can even think of a bunch of cool ways the traits could interact with them.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 3, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

S.J. posted:

It isn't, actually. Early Access is basically just paid beta testing, not the actual release. The 20 dollar and above tiers in the Kickstarter explicitly say you get Early Access, the 15 dollar tier does not.

beta access is the one reason I went for the $20 tier rather than the $15 one. It's still better than most KS that lock the beta behind $50+ tiers.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Time_pants posted:

I feel like I have to be the rear end in a top hat here.

Does anyone else get the distinct impression that the Houndmaster isn't very good?

He's crazy with the dog treats. They should probably let you buy as many of those as you want since you have to give up precious loot space to hold em. But yeah, he kinda sucks.

Maybe they should split the hound and master up? Like, the hound (weakly) attacks whoever he wants and the master buff/directs/heals the hound. If you really want to get crazy give the hound it's own skill set that you choose from.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 16, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't know when they made the changes to the UI, but I like them. The healthbar in particular is way better than I remember it being.

Snow Job posted:

This would be cool. I'd like to see combo attacks like this: 1) The dog and guy hit a front row target together for higher damage, 2) The guy does a low-damage stun blow, then the dog attacks a random target. And maybe make Hound's Rush more accurate + more critical than these so it doesn't get replaced with combo attacks all the time.

The houndmaster really doesn't feel like a pet class which sucks because pet classes own and dogs own.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 16, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man they really need to get better with the wagon that brings you more dudes. I been playing a new save for 5 hours and still have yet to see a jester, leper, or an Arbalest. I even upgraded the thing that increases your choices a few times.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 17, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Whoops wrong thread.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 14, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How am I supposed to do these level 3 runs? My guys are all geared up and I'm still get beat before completing objectives.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It stops being a huge deal when you expand your roster too

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How's the PlayStation ports?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I got the vita version and my only major complaint besides the text size is the rear pad stuff. The rear pad swaps between heroes any time you touch it anywhere which causes you to use the wrong guy.

I have no idea why swapping couldn't be on L and R when all those buttons do is overlay information and scroll the map

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just realized this game has a Nexus. Any class mods worth using?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't know how they'd do it narratively but I hope all the bosses are the result of your ancestor being a dickhead again

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 20, 2019

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really don’t like the time limit for battles.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I also don’t like how they seemingly stripped out most of the aoe attack stills.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The animation are so good I want a 4 player beat ‘‘em up set in the darkest dungeon universe ala Shadow over Mystara

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

AtillatheBum posted:

They need to give Ounce of Prevention a 50/50 chance of stress heal on the base version. It would make the base skill actually worthwhile and make the mastery not an automatic no-brainer first pick when you have a Plague Doctor. The whole balance of some of the base/mastery skills feels completely out of whack.

That said the game is super fun and I keep making new parties and skill sets. Had a really awesome party of Runaway/Highwayman/Occultist/Plague Doctor that was just throwing out and detonating combos left right and center, had plenty of debuffs and healing to keep my guys safe too. The only annoying thing was my damage needed time to ramp up so the roadway battles could sometimes be hard to finish in 5 turns if I didn't get lucky.

I'm hopeful we will see the Crusader returning as a hero somewhere down the line, he was my favorite from DD1.

I definitely agree with this. Some of skill upgrades are worthless (stuff like battle field medicine only getting 5% more to the heal). It would be cool if all skills had a 3rd level that cost more points or something.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

As much as I love the old crew I hope all the heroes planned are new. It’s crazy to me that we only got one new class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

is there a mod or save I can download to unlock all the metaprogression poo poo for the characters? I really don't grind with limited skills/paths again.