Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Baronjutter posted:

I used to run a tidy profit, I was basically post-scarcity for money and village upgrades. Every new level 0 got every skill bought, and at level up I'd buy every upgrade because gently caress trying to remember what skill is what or how "m going to end up using that character. Pre big update I had around 300k in the bank and everything upgraded. After 10 weeks or so playing i'm down to about 100k. I'm not only not making a profit but I'm rapidly loosing my savings.

But my old strategy was to go into every dungeon with like 100 food and make sure everyone was max healed between each fight...

change your strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Soothing Vapors posted:

Only 15 totally unnecessary steps and approximately 50 clicks to get that cosmic scenario you wanted! Thanks Mr. Gaz!

lol

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i started playing this again after a long absence and its real good/feels a lot easier in the beginning

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

At least the Crusader can still heal / stress heal others, even if he can't hit ranks 3 and 4. Leper is just kinda meh.

leper would be great if only the front 2 spots existed

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the arbalist is my favorite followed by the houndmaster's dog

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Iron Chitlin posted:

Not quite, at max levels the Houndmaster's stress heal only has a 66% success rate, so it's really not something to rely on.

but gently caress the jester

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
arbalest is my crossbow friend please respect her

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ciaphas posted:

Yaaay I beat my first boss the necromancer apprentice, am I good at video games now? :D

no but enjoy the ride

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Soothing Vapors posted:

more like garbagelest, am I correct

wrong

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i care about how other people play a single player game

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pavlov posted:

Well if you didn't why would you be reading a thread filled primarily with people describing just that

because i like pain

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

paradoxGentleman posted:

I like the Houndmaster because he has a doggy

you make a lot of good points

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

"that'll do pig" probably involves getting someone killed by wilbur

im guessing kill wilbur before swine prince

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Internet Kraken posted:

I wish solo was better because it looks rad as hell.

solo and finale should by all rights wreck poo poo with how massive the debuff finale has

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

he's black

ok so where are you people seeing the stress symbol in this one, then

you could make an arguement for the courageous symbol when she cradles the crossbow

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Operant posted:

I dislike the occultist more and more as a high-level healer. The variance on his healing + the bleed (when it happens) can absolutely gently caress you. There's also a ton of situations where having a guaranteed aoe party heal to drag people off death's door is way more valuable.

There's seriously very little more frustrating than having your veteran level occultist heal a dude for 0 or 1

but then he crit heals for 30 and confidence surges

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

S.J. posted:

The abomination is a loving beast holy poo poo :psyduck:

yeah?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lyrax posted:

Camping is the key. Although the only time I was able to do it was with a Crusader whose camping ability is actually boosted by being afflicted. Afflictions also vanish when they get back from the Abbey or Tavern even if their stress isn't healed to zero.

afflictions go away in town once the characters stress goes below 100

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

BeAuMaN posted:

In town anyway, right? To get them to go away before returning to town, you have to drop stress to 0, no?

correct, but if an afflicted party member comes back to town with less than 100 stress they'll instantly lose their affliction

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lyrax posted:

I was pretty sure about how afflictions go away but you seemed to make some sort of sense and I think I saw sources elsewhere supporting it. But when I loaded up my game, I noticed my latest Arbalest off the wagon has this status.

I know I've seen this before because I've often had multiple crits calming afflicted guys down below 100. I don't ever remember not having to get rid of an affliction when I got back to town but I've never left someone with below 100 stress and an affliction to see if they just get better by next week without the Tavern or Abbey. A bug maybe?

huh might need a week of being below 100 in town before the affliction goes away, could have sworn it was otherwise

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
this is a thing: https://soundcloud.com/powerupaudio/sets/darkest-dungeon-the-ancestral

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
me to

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

katkillad2 posted:

Safe to assume I should just not open them for characters that are already good?

you cannot escape your fate

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
im doing runs without torches and lemme tell ya its a hellva lot more fun to unfuck those

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ciaphas posted:

- CRIT! (0)
- Bleed

[one turn later]
- bleed sound
- DEATHBLOW

Haven't had that one happen yet but oh I bet that one would be just enraging

lost an arbalest to that

i laughed and finished the dungeon anyway

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
corpses are really good for back row hitters

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

dogstile posted:

People love their corpses to the point of it being a little creepy. Don't worry, I just assume they all have the quirk.

the bones of my enemies will line my walls and carpet my floors

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

red plastic cup posted:

why does a blacksmith even need deeds?

is he busting up old houses for raw materials? does he use the paper as kindling to start his fires?

it is a mystery

for that matter why dont the cars in gta run out of gas?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

red plastic cup posted:

me (extremely smart): hrm, i can understand a tavern wanting to hang up paintings on their walls, and a sanitarium might like a few stone busts if they were of famous doctors or philosophers. but why on earth would a blacksmith need building deeds to expand and refine his business?
Afraid of Audio: uhhh buhh its a video game
me: ...

me: its a video game

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
imagine 4 arbalests who can only blindfire

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Soothing Vapors posted:

it haunts my dreams

now imagine they all have rabies and the yips

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tiler Kiwi posted:

hag is a jerk and killed my jester

they were dead anyway

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bad Seafood posted:

One time I had two guys in my party with the quirks Curious and Compulsive (respectively) who came across a Shambler's Altar while the group was heavily injured with no way around it. Slowed my march to a crawl until it was obvious it hadn't triggered, breathed an enormous sigh of relief, then made my way forward.

There was another one a few halls later. :suicide: Didn't go off either but I've never had a more intense hall trek.

iirc forced curio interactions don't use items and that requires a torch to get the party started

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
death by book skyrockets

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

how does he blanket fire when he's clearly using a single-shot arquebus

very carefully

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
it depends on how much money you have and how bad the traits are, at some point you just gotta make a call

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

stop hurting my dogs please game

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if you fail, its the games fault, if you succeed its due to your able command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012