Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Holy gently caress, this looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
How much money do they want for this?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Do you get to create your characters, or do you always have the Crusader and Thief guy?

\/\/\/\/ Can you rename your guys?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 2, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I got a chance to play this at a friend's house today and it's super fun. I think it could use more classes, though. Once I got a few upgrades and stuff, I was just racking up the negative quirks... it got pretty hard to balance that with Stress vs. just hiring a new dude from the same class. I think my favorite team is Crusader, Highwayman, Grave Digger, Cleric in that order. I also ran a team of Hellion, Occultist, Bounty Hunter, Plague Doctor in that order and stunlocked everything. The only problem is Occultist's stun actively makes the torch grow dimmer as he summons horrible tentacles.

I had an awesome moment where my team started to break in morale, but when my Crusader topped off on stress instead of becoming paranoid he exploded into Stalwart (I think it was), and then spent every round knighting his teammates "I dub thee... Warrior of Light!", boosting everyone's stress all over and saying metal as gently caress iceburns to the skeletons we were fighting.

I had a moment where my Highwayman tried to use a Confession Booth in a dungeon and got the message something like "his sins are too great", and his stress increased.

I wish there were more camps, I love the camp skills.

I'm sad that you throw away all your provisions in between missions.

My Occultist read every book I came across, and absolutely every one gave him some evil curse.

Game owns.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When the Crusader did that it was awesome, man. Everyone else, every turn, was saying poo poo like "We are never getting out of here!", and when the Crusader's turn came up and he was knighting people, it actually gave them the "BUFF" pop-up and status. Not sure what it did, but it was awesome. His whole team turned into jello, but he just got stronger.

One thing I hope this game does in the final version is remove the tutorial. I had to restart a few times, and I kind of wish I could skip the opening dungeon.

Another moment I remembered: Grave Digger used Gallows Humour at a camp, the joke was "What did you call 4 idiots who died in a dungeon?", the 75% chance to relieve Stress failed, and then she said something like, "Ahh, you morons don't know humour anyway"

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It seems that he does have a greater chance. I've had a Cleric and a Bounty Hunter get the buff instead of the panic before, too, but they didn't actively buff my other teammates like the Crusader did. Every round, he gave a different teammate a buff and hollered that they were knighted/a soldier of light/etc. It was really loving cool.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Real quick observations, I think if you were going to judge characters, I think the best way would be deciding which is the best in slot for each of the 4 places. I think Hellion is probably the best up front, Crusader mid, and Leper the worst. Second slot I'd probably give to Highwayman or Occultist, third slot I think Bounty Hunter is best as a support dude, and mid maybe Plague Doctor, then worst probably being Grave Digger even though I love her. I think the last spot is a competition between Cleric and Jester, with Cleric having way more flexibility and Jester being a Stress Song mule.

You can have a full moveset of great stuff from the Helion in the front row, and if she gets pushed back, you can still do Breakthru (SIC?) from any position. Crusader I originally set out to max the Stun attack, but I think after some playing that the Zealot Scroll thing that hits the front two enemies is honestly a little better. He really works well with Bounty Hunter using his pulls to get weak enemies up front and slaughter them. Leper's Hew attack seems really good, but he has too many self buffs I think when this game's meta seems focused on killing as quickly as possible. I really like his sprite, though.

Second slot, Highwayman using his bleed attack, grapeshot, and sniping back slot enemies with pistol shot is just too good. Occultist has a nice stun from this position, but it darkens the torch. It's honestly identical to the Cleric stun, but has to be used closer to the enemy and has a drawback. While we are talking about the dude, his heal sucks in comparison - he can be paired with the Plague Doctor to remove the Bleed, but that's using 2 turns, and since the skill starts off healing 0-10, you can and will heal 0 and give your dude a Bleed. Sucks.

Third slot I just have to give to the Bounty Hunter. He has a nice stun for the 3-4 slot enemies, nice pull, can still use his regular axe attack that has no -DMG penalty. Dude is solid, and lets you fool around with enemy placements which is kind of fun. Plague Doctor gives a superior stun that only hits slot 3-4, but the rest of his moveset is pretty bleah. Grave Digger gets some cool snipes, and an interesting attack that hits slot 2-3 simultaneously, but is pretty lackluster besides.

Fourth slot I just have to give to the Cleric. Ranged 100% stun that restores your torch, Heal, Snipe that hits any slot and heals herself (probably her strongest attack, too), and I give her Illumination since it's an attack that can restore your torch from any position if she gets pushed around. Jester Im not too impressed with... stress song is good, other buff song is way weak, and his regular attack throws him in front of your tank, which sucks.

Am I missing anyone? Honestly, I can't wait to see what Man-At-Arms is about. I hope he is a good 3-slot type dude with plenty of moves that affect enemy formations like the Bounty Hunter.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, Hellion also makes a good slot 2 or 3, but I think best at slot 1 with respect to taking other classes with more limited optimal placements.

Edit: I guess something has to be said about Crusader's Holy Lance ability, too, but I have a hard time making great use out of it unless it's super specific.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'd honestly be surprised if any of the light mechanics are implemented. I don't seem to get bigger piles of gold or anything in complete darkness, let alone other loot.

I love when the Narrator says somethingsomething as vulnerable as a robin's egg or some poo poo. The only line I heard him repeat over and over was the one like "You CAN defeat them!"

E: I read that if your dude leaves on a holy vision, they will come back next week. Or should.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

S.J. posted:

Abusive is the loving worst. Party member crit a bad guy? Get stress. Party member kills a bad guy? Get stress. Party member misses? Get stress. Do anything? Get stress.

I had some funny times with this. Like some would kill something, or get a crit, and get the stress boost then immediately some rear end in a top hat would chime in and lower him for more than he gained. The written dialogue for this game is so goddamn fun.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think it might've been Masochistic... today my Occultist got something that made it so I couldn't heal him. He was on death's door, and when I tried to do the Vestal single target heal, he said something like, "the body's natural healing will suffice" and just wasted my turn.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
One thing that kind of annoyed me was after I beat dungeons, then go to the little level-up screen and click the drama masks to receive my next quirk... so many of them just got negative ones. One dude just somehow contracted syphilis from the dungeon. They obviously can get good traits, too, but I wonder if it has anything to do with performance or anything.

( I can't wait to get this game myself. )

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, in streams I've seen characters refuse heals or orders to move positions in the party. I think most of them were stress-panicking but maybe not all.

I got that one, too. My Grave Digger was suddenly like, "An evil spirit tries to give me commands! I'm my own woman!" or something, and she just decided on a move herself.

I also had the Cleric lady start freaking out and saying poo poo like, "Why didn't you dodge that? You're doing that on purpose!" - "You are going to leave me here to die!", and another time Grave Digger kept saying something like, "You are going to lower our fee", or something, in relation to me killing enemies will somehow mean less gold for her.

It's also pretty goddamn depressing when the party makes their closing remarks before resting for a camptime nap if they have lovely morale. A Plague Doctor said, "I'm happy to be traveling with you all :3:" and then my Bounty Hunter is like, "There's no point, we're all dead anyway." Goodnight!

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's a couple of risky campfire actions that do a great thing but have a chance to backfire, or do a great thing to themselves but gently caress up everyone else. Like the Leper taking off his mask to relieve stress freaks everybody else right the gently caress out. Or when the Hellion decides to make fun of Not-Jesus for the evening to wind down and your other dudes get all pissed off.

Also, the Man-At-Arms class looks like the concept art for "War Hero". He might have some kind of inspiring buff (or Commissar-like beating) or something.

I feel like a straight Wizard and maybe like a Druid type control class is missing to get the full D&D stock characters list going.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That's a good point about the classes. I restarted a couple of times, and your starting Crusader is also always a kleptomaniac. He's a little dirty, too.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Klepto sucks, though. It means your Crusader will randomly remove items from the game. You'll come up to a bag, or chest or something and you'll see <whistles> and suddenly you can't loot it anymore. I'd try to remove it in the Sanitarium, but by the time you unlock that he probably has like 3-5 other more pressing poo poo that is effecting his stats or making him take more damage from Human enemies or something.

My buddy is saying his standard loadout for short missions is 4 food (so just 1 recharge), 8 torches, 1 Holy Water, 1 Shovel, 1 Key. He says he stopped taking Keys in Medium or above because he ends up with so much loot he has to drop poo poo anyway. He also obviously brings more food for higher missions. I think I'm going to try that setup. He also said he tried to throw a torch on a pile of books, and it backfired and gave him 80 stress. 80.

The problem with the low food count is if you get a map with a lot of branches, and the mission is like "explore 90% of rooms", the backtracking is going to make him hungry.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Maybe Merchant will be able to use the consumable items in some way, or spend gold to do damage or something.

When I suggested Druid, I was thinking more like thorny roots and stuff than summoning pets.

There's also a mysterious like "Lord Class" or something, that might just be straight-up Wizard guy or something.

We're also missing a Monk dude, too, in the D&D Martial Arts sense. I know we have Plague Doctor and it might be redundant, but the Wizard could be a Necromancer type, or a Psionic dude. I think Hellion is our Barbarian analogue, right?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Justin_Brett posted:

So question, how intensive is this game? I have a modest video card but I'm pretty sure it goes up to Open GL 3.0. The store though, recommends 3.2 or higher - would that be a huge problem?

Fairly sure you can play this on a potato.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Demiurge4 posted:

I think I figured out the secret to the confessional booth. Sure a flask of holy water is worth like 50 stress reduction, but if you pass the roll you get a free quirk removed and I'm almost positive that it's based on the number of quirks you have. So the less quirks your character has the better the chance to be absolved of a sin and lose a quirk. It's possible character class influences it as well and crusader/vestal has a better roll.

Sometimes I just get stress reduction from the holy water + confession booth when I reaaally want to remove a negative quirk.

Has anyone had any luck with burning books? There's bookcases and stacks of books, but both times I've watched my friend try to burn books it's just resulted in a 80+ stress gain with the message something like, "You tried to get rid of this knowledge, now suffer". Is it similar for the bookcases? Is there a good outcome here?

Occultist can turn pretty Wizard-y. You give him the Daemon Pull, Abyssal Artillery, and then maybe the Stun or Stab, and the Debuff. He works really good in the third slot.

E: Going buy it for myself!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Notorious QIG posted:

Also it's $20 :negative:

For those of you who had the Kickstarter access, how worth it is it if I'm a big fan of roguelikes and XCOM?

The battle system is more like Legends of Grimrock or even a JRPG. It's turn-based, and positioning matters for what abilities you can use, but it's not a SRPG.
It is like X-Com in the sense that you sort of get your own narrative from being attached to your guys, it can be frustrating and downright obtuse at the beginning, and dudes can permanently die.

By the way, the game owns.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Just wanted to say that using x2 Crusader, both with the Holy Lance ability and alternating... just destroys whatever annoying support enemies they end up bringing. It feels so good to kill the shotgun bandits, or skeleton courtiers, or those cthulu priests without breaking a sweat or fooling with their positioning.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I feel the same way about the equipment and stuff. It'd be nice to find weapons and armor even if they had the same questionable and weird rolls as some of the trinkets I got.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Akarshi posted:

Aw gently caress I want to buy this game but I'm hesitating hardcore at paying 20 bucks for it, especially at an early access stage. Sales have spoiled me.

It's super playable, man. There's some missing classes and I think a dungeon or two, but there is a lot of content here.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Can anyone tell me how to make a Plague Doc useful? I had a level 3 Plague Doc that I had been dragging around and she died in this dungeon. I realized that I had all of her skills unlocked and only found one that I ever used (the back row stun). I went on to complete the entire dungeon without her and didn't miss her at all. Why would I want to bring a Plague Doc over someone that does a lot of damage or an Occultist for healing?

e: For everyone suffering from a Leper's low accuracy; stick with it. Their skills gain 5 accuracy with every rank, once you get up to rank 3 you stop missing all the time even without the accuracy buff. I also run mine with a Jester for Battle Ballad which is a party-wide speed/accuracy/crit buff.

I think Plague Doc's thing really is the double stun you mentioned. Plague Doc and Grave Digger are the only classes I find myself like "oh, this character can't really help this turn in any appreciable way". For the Leper, I've been running their single-target slash, Hew, the Intimidation(?) move that does a little damage and pushes back, and the self +ACC buff. He is actually pretty drat good, I use him as a second string tank when my Crusader is praying or in the sanitarium. I don't like Jester at all, though.

Also leveling up stun skills does increase the stun, easiest way to see this is with the Crusader's move. I think it gains 5 Stun per level.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really take the time to make sure as close to 4 moves is usable from whatever slot I prefer my dudes in, though, so I kind of hate most of the moves that change their own party positioning. I could see if you use her in the first slot, and maybe a Crusader in the 2nd with Holy Lance, but otherwise all she does is gently caress things up for me. I really like her design, though. I usually run her with Pickaxe, the double dagger throw, the blight dart, and then whatever they happened to come with because the other moves are pretty bad.

One thing I will say is that she crits a lot, which can relieve Stress, so in a way she can support the team in that way.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Bounty Hunter owns. I run mine with the Collect, the Pull, Flashbang. I think my current one has the Mark as his other move.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
No, I think he has does have 2 hook moves, and one just straight up does damage.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

How do you leave a dungeon? Do you have to be in a fight and hit the red flag thing to evac all the way out? Im in the entry way but dont see any way to go back to town.

If you want to leave the dungeon, hit the little abandon flag. If you've completed it, the flag turns into a little scroll with a wax seal on it.

Apple2o posted:

So is this a game your supposed to restart? It's week 8, I'm broke, and can't do anything but medium dungeons with rookies and a 1-2k gold budget. Do I just keep sending level 0's into the meatgrinder until I can scrouge up enough gold to put my A team through enough therapy to actually finish a level?

I have like 5 abandoned runs before I started to get the hang of it, know how much provisions I need, etc. If the therapy isn't significantly lowering your stress, you could upgrade those stations, I guess. I never have. I have like an A Team, then 6 jobbers who can shift around as needed. Even the short quests give 3k gold + whatever you find down there, and if they die, it's not a big. You could also cheese it and take a team of jobbers down, abandon mission, and thus advance a week to get your A Team back out of whatever they were doing.

It's also worth noting that as I leveled up my other dudes and got used to their skillsets, I realized there's quite a few of them that could sub in for the A Team if something stupid happened on a run and for some reason only 1 or 2 of them need to go pray or gently caress away their donkeybrains.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 3, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This run was the only one I felt comfortable enough to rename my characters because I feel like they aren't going anywhere.

Changing their skills in a dungeon really helped me when I went to go try the x2 Crusader + Holy Lance thing and then realized neither of them had it equipped.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Vestal having the best stun helps, too. And it refills your torch. I also use judgment for damage/self healing and both heals. Group heal is more or less just to heal from death's door if multiple guys are about to die.Vestal is probably the best class, I recommend having 2 in your roster so they can alternate between your teams.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

A lot of the enemies that focus the back line can be stopped by repositioning them. If they're in the front, try moving them to the back, and vice versa. If they're resistant to movement, try to move other enemies to push them back/forward.

My entire game plan is movement/repositioning skills, pure damage, an Occultist spamming heals, and an optional Vestal spamming heals. It seems like "Kill it really fast" is the best solution to every encounter (though the Hag is the only boss fight I've done) and any time I try to use status effects and stuns I get wrecked. If you're going balls-out with two or three DPS characters, things will die so fast that your healer(s) will keep your party topped off through the entire dungeon, you'll barely take any stress damage because things die before they can crit you, etc. Most fights are over for me in 2-3 turns.

e: though I suppose with level 3-4 party members I should start doing level 5 quests at this point.

It's true. The best feeling is when you get an enemy to straight up PASS because they have no moves available from where they are standing.

Also, I generally agree with the tier list above, but I'd place Crusader in High A/Low A+. Holy Lance is really, really good. I also don't think Leper is better than Hellion or Vestal, but is better than Occultist. As far as Vestal vs. Occultist, Vestal is better at hitting the front 2 enemies, and Occultist the back 2 - it's your decision which is better. Vestal is stunning the tanks, Occultist is nuking the back 2. With pulls and pushes, they can effect the whole team, which makes Bounty Hunter really awesome. Occultist's stun is strictly inferior just because it reduces torch light. 2 of Vestal's moves restore it.

Don't sleep on Highwayman - Pistol Shot does a lot of damage and can snipe annoying back row stuff, and Clean Guns is one of the best camp buffs. Grapeshot is also just a solid AoE.

I'd move Jester from B Tier into Jester Tier, because gently caress Jester. Maybe I'll try to make him work, but his move set is seriously the worst in the game.

E:
My list looks like

S Tier- Hellion
A+ - Vestal, Leper, Occultist
A- - Crusader, Bounty Hunter
B - Highwayman
C - Grave Digger, Plague Doc
Jester - Jester

I think Jester, Digger, and Doc aren't necessarily "bad", but they require a really specific team while the other guys in higher tiers work good in every team, in almost every spot.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 4, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I find the Crusader superior to the Leper because he's more mobile. If the Leper gets out of position your party can be in real trouble. He also has real problems hitting the back rank, which makes him weak for things like the Hag fight.

Overall the more I play the more my favorite class becomes the Jester. Most runs I make with a Jester everyone ends with less stress than they started. I've done several Long missions with jesters only camping once, and that just to get the camping buffs. The weakness of the Jester is that you can't have any duds anywhere else on your team -- he has so little direct offense that if your team can't protect him it's all gonna go south in a bad way.

I like the Crusader better than the Leper, and Crusader has Holy Lance, but I think properly buffed and equipped the Leper is generally better at hitting the front row than the Crusader. Jester I can't really get behind because while it's good to stunlock things and debuff them and blight them and stuff right now this game seems to go by the "death is the best status condition" mantra, and it pays off more to slaughter things ASAP rather than give them chances to roll crits and stress the hell out of your dudes. It wouldn't be as consistent, but a guy in the Jester's spot getting crits will be relieving stress and killing stuff, potentially.

I'll have to level up a Crusader and give him a fair shake.

If you want to see the Crusader at work, bring 2 of them, give them both Holy Lance, and put them in spots 1 & 2. Alternate using Holy Lance (which moves the Crusader back 1 space.. and thus sets the other one up for a Holy Lance). Alternatively, you could try a Grave Digger with Shadow Fade and 1 Holy Lance Crusader. That'd work, too.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 4, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I got to week 10 not losing a man, but just steadily ran out of cash.

Haha, my Crusader turned Irrational when his stress peaked, and then when my Plague Doctor missed an attack he said in all caps, "I JUDGE THEE MENTALLY INCOMPETENT."

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 5, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't think that's as much cheese as having as hiring a throwaway party, entering a dungeon, then immediately retreating in order to get your dudes back from stress relief activities.

I get to about week 10, but then my money just tanks. I think I need to work on my provisions... sometimes I go really light, but the lack of torch and food makes it so everyone is super stressed out, other times I end up taking a bunch of poo poo I don't need. I also start piling up Quirks that limit their stress relief stuff, so it sucks that one guy will only drink but the stupid grandpa is in the bar at that time, or whatever.

This game really fatigues me, I can only play for so long before I feel exhausted from being on edge all the time.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My starting Crusader died in a battle with the Necromancer, which must've pissed off my Vestal because when she stressed out she went into "Powerful", and started nuking the guy for 21 damage a turn with that Judgment lightning bolt that self-heals. He didn't last very long.

This was a fresh-off-the-wagon Vestal with no upgrades or trinkets.

\/\/\/ I sometimes use that Highwayman ability to increase surprise, and have gotten streaks of it going off.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 5, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I kind of like some of the negative quirks with no stat deductions. I had a Leper that had Vanity or something as a negative quirk, and the narrative value from that alone was pretty cool. I also don't tend to mind the ones that prohibit the stress relief activities as long as I have only one. It's when you start getting into the boring ones that just straight up take away stats without even a condition, like "The Runs", that makes me go to the Sanitarium.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When your dude sometimes says, "Game over, man! Game over!" I'd really like to see a sci-fi take on this.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Abomination is such a fun idea. Hate that they can't be played with religious characters. Both my Vestals and Dismas died and the wagon hasn't had any of those classes for weeks. RIP.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just throw some +ACC on the Leper and he's fine but I'm not really a min-maxer been playing this game through a lot of builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Does anyone here like the base game? It's your game, your money, your time and you can play it however you want but I didn't expect this much tweaking from the supposed audience this game is for. For content on the :xcom: plate, last night I was hunting a boss and was doing super good. Everyone healed up to near full, low stress, etc. Two fights on the way to the boss, properly scouted, where things went awry put that journey directly into the toliet (and I feel fine).