Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Unwise_Cashew posted:

I swear to god, Jesters are the squishest, most suicidally prone characters in this loving game, and I love them for all their terribleness.

I've had good success with a jester who has only two jobs: jump backwards and forwards with Finale and Solo constantly, or if someone is afflicted then I'll just stun-lock a single dude in combat while my Jester gradually sings the afflicted back to zero. His other skills are too poo poo to bother with.

He only works with other team members that aren't too position sensitive - one of my fave teams is Jester, Man-at-Arms, Houndmaster, Vestal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

FreeKillB posted:

e2: getting ultra hosed by backtracking can be avoided if you're pretty careful about scouting and not leaving any stone unturned. I discovered that even though the icons for quest items are the same as for a curio, a mouseover will tell you if it's a quest location or just a standard curio.

I got screwed by this last night: the sacks of grains are, I think, an exception to this. I had to scour a dungeon looking for one after I turned back from an 'empty' hallway just two steps from the last sack.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Night10194 posted:

19 Weeks in, no deaths, killed the Necromancer, and my people are starting to outlevel the early fights/dungeons.

Time to see what the next tier is like.

overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

gently caress the weald

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Crasical posted:

He was cutting fishmen throats left and right with that dagger attack. I was in awe. I want to buy that man the finest tins of mustache wax that sacks of bloody gold can buy.

If this is a reference to the Ancestor's Moustache Wax, please proceed.
If it's not, then hey - good news! You can actually get him some.
(I sold mine, can't remember the effects but I needed money more)

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i like to think that it shifts the bellcurve of heals over to the right, but i have no evidence for this

if it's literally just a diceroll with the numbers on it then 0-30 has double the average than 0-15 and half the chance of a zero heal

(not precisely but close enough, don't sperg statistics at me)

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Nakar posted:

Speaking of guys that do everything, am I the only one who isn't that impressed with Houndmasters? They're versatile sure, but without the bleed their damage per action is awful (they've got one of the lowest-damage weapons) and their stun doesn't work from the back rows which sorta defeats the value of Hound's Rush/Harry being usable from the back. Contrast that with the Bounty Hunter who has some very versatile stuns, hits hard even without a Mark or stun and super hard with one (and Human is way more common than Beast), can also debuff Prot, and is nearly as versatile (CB works from the first three spots and Finish Him hits the first three of the enemies' spots). Or the Hellion who hits all slots and has a couple of bleeds and a two-enemy stun.

They are awesome in the early game but later on for some reason everything just dodges the dogs, his bleeds and stuns are totally outclassed by other heroes, and I find the only reason to bring him is to -prot mark and dog-biscuit bosses to death.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

That DLC sounds huge - a whole new environment, class, monsters, plot. Way more than I expected. Will be a good time to jump back in for another playthrough (did one complete run on release).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/darkest-dungeon-2-charts-a-new-path-through-terror-in-a-roguelike-road-trip-to-save-humanity/

Solid info on the sequel. They're trying out some big changes, I like it. Shorter Slay the Spire type runs instead of sprawling exhausting campaigns sounds like it will satisfy a broader range of players.