Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I can't help but feel it's kind of a waste to lock in +10% PROT attributes that my two jesters rolled together, but god drat you can't pass that up, can you?

Also, RIP my only skilled plague doctor:

Killed by a friendly grave robber that got mind controlled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Turns out that riposte on Wilbur doesn't trigger the big guy's revenge so I thought that I might be able to cheese the fight by exploiting that. Well, that was well and good until Wilbur died, which apparently makes the boss go into perma freak out mode.

Turned a fight that was going well into a pretty tense damage race. Probably should have considered that happening and not tested that with the boss at 50% hp :smith:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Is it a viable tactic to just retreat parties to prevent them from leveling up after ransacking medium level dungeons? My lowest leveled adventures are all about 1 mission away from going from 4 to 5, but I find that I barely break even when I have groups attempt champion dungeons. I just need some way to keep the cash/heirlooms coming in until I can skill them up to level 5 weapons/armor.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Why do people care so much about killing all of the bosses outside of the achievement? Chievos usually require some planning anyway.

Aint gonna purify the seat of our noble line with necromancers and hags wandering around thinking they run the joint.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I think the untold story of this game is asking why the local clown college is turning out so many psychopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

White Coke posted:

I just finished the first level of the Darkest Dungeon and I was hoping that I could get strategies for dealing with the other floors. It's not to difficult to find party compositions, but a lot of people don't explain them very well, or they give wildly differing strategies.

I followed this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203. It has maps, build recommendations, and general strategies for each of the DD missions.