Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Pavlov posted:

Haha whoever said hunger needs some tweaking is right. I just had a leper die from starvation because he was too full.

hunger seems like the one thing that should be predictable unless one of your dudes is a glutton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

For Highwayman, I've consistently been using Point-Blank Shot as a first strike to pop big damage, move him back one, then use the big crits from Tracking Shot, Clean Guns, the normal Pistol Shot. If you want, you can even use Duelist's Advance+Point Blank Shot, which is an awesome combo. I don't know how people feel about Grapeshot but it's a fairly decent mop-up I have on one gunner. If anything, they buffed him a bit by having Tracking Shot keep the stat-up even if it misses. He's actually saved my rear end with the front/back row options in big boss fights; PBShot alone against Hag was my saving grace.

I had grapeshot miss all three enemies four times in a row once, and I've been leery of it ever since

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

the tension in this game is very well curated. there's just enough time between the enemy telegraphing an attack and the blow landing for you to go "aw gently caress". the moment between "YOUR HEROS RESOLVE IS TESTED!" and the virtue/affliction sting is great.

the amount of time it takes for four enemies to go in a row is just enough to induce sheer panic (in a good way)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Mzbundifund posted:

Agreed, although the full-party bleed is useful in a couple limited situations, especially vs. the Inchoate Flesh. Because all four flesh bits are pretty bleed vulnerable and they all share a health bar, hitting them all is like inflicting a 4/8/12 point bleed on the boss, and you don't need to worry about which fleshy bit is which. Pretty solid.

I had two plague doctors with the back two rows blight attack on that boss

ggclose

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
what's a worse random mob encounter -- four spearfishing dudes, or four rabid dogs?

Because the spearfishing dudes hit hard and fast but the dogs at higher levels are all DODGE DODGE DODGE DODGE

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
a fun party is Arbalest-Occultist-Bounty Hunter-Leper

Occultist marks, Arbalest murders the mark, BH yanks stuff to the front row where the Leper murders it

Leper can also self-heal and stress heal with a PROT bonus, and the BH benefits from the mark as well

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Lives in Darkest Dungeon are to be spent. Not wasted, but also not necessarily saved.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
not a huge fan of the final boss being like "lol you can't use ability X on this turn :)"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

The eye boss is a fuckin nightmare

Man At Arms with Defender and Retribution helps a lot here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the weird thing about this game is that you can often get through a disadvantageous fight just fine as long as your party's order of operations isn't compromised too terribly. like you might get so-and-so going to death's door every turn but if they get healed even a little bit as part of the flow you're just fine. It's when you start to have to triage that things go sideways