Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Apple2o posted:

Ah, finally; gameplay without some autistic neckbeard superimposed over it. I will agree with you that they should probably tone the announcer down, like only a % chance for to say stuff instead of it just going off all the time. I skipped to like 20m in and the fight starts with his whole party eating a blanket shot crit; dudes got bad luck!
That next fight was even better. Main highlight being his frontliner refusing to be healed and pretty much starting a downward spiral of misery for the party. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
While this game is fantastic, looks amazing, and has some hilarious interactions ( I had a priest getting yelled at by a doctor every time she hit a enemy because he wanted the bodies whole for research. :stare: ) the majority of the difficulty seems to come from a xcom-esque two out of three attacks missing or being dodged despite full light, no stress, and debuffed enemies giving a 90+ hit chance. :argh:

The mash of AD&D with Cthulhu is bloody fantastic.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Underwhelmed posted:

Honestly, I like the combat enough, that I think the game would be pretty decent even without the sanity mechanic. Having said mechanic just makes it better.

Also a whole party that has "masochistic" at once doesn't leave much for a healer to do.
I finally won one ( Highlight being the occultist killing himself during the final battle thanks to his fascination with killing ) but my graverobber just..

Probably should've noticed that 0% disease resist before butting my head against swine. :barf: Still, she stressed everyone else out by yelling 'Me next!' any time anyone took damage. Which caused the two crusaders I had to hulk out and smite everything in 1-2 hits. :stare:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Zaphod42 posted:

You're misunderstanding. You can take 4 fresh recruits and send them into a dungeon with no torches or food or anything. That costs you literally 0 gold. If they manage to kill anything, loot anything, that's pure profit. Then you can run away and take that profit. You can farm infinite gold this way at zero cost if you really wanted to loving grind it out. Then once you've got some gold you can start afford to buy lots of supplies. But sometimes a fresh group of level 0 recruits with no supplies can still finish a quest, if you play tactically its entirely possible. And that makes you a huge profit.
Agreeing with this so drat hard. Upgrading the wagon to at least 4 new heroes each time means you can constantly throw fresh meat into the grinder. And the latest build, I don't know if it included contact lenses for the heroes or something, but don't seem to be missing with attacks so often now and I can actually progress. :toot:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Helical Nightmares posted:

The change in the narrator's voice is distracting (and not for the better). :(
It's probably more jarring because it's been so long since they added more voice lines to the game. They've probably got better / different equipment for starters.

Some of the lines for killing with DoT's are great. 'Slowly, quietly, that is how a life is taken.' :stare:

It's a been a while since I booted this up, but is there anywhere that explains the turn / speed mechanics?

It just seems to be a complete clusterfuck about who goes when. Sometimes one character gets two actions in one turn, other time a monster gets two or three and rips my party in half despite being surprised. :psyduck:

limited fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 3, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Jade Star posted:

Monsters (except the bosses) never act more than once a turn. They could act last on one turn, and then first on the next turn and maybe that's what you're talking about. It's very rare, but it can happen.
After actually reading the patch notes, that is it. Those goddamn dogs just planting bleeds all over my party and those bloody mushroom artillery blighting everyone is loving irritating.

So getting the surprise round is now actually worse for lower level characters because there's a chance they'll eat two enemy turns in a row against quicker enemies. Because they won't have the abilities to debuff / kill quickly on the first turn. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Bloodly posted:

Most of his new quotes from the ones I've heard are 'nastier' than his old ones. It's the only word that fits. More vicious, more destructive, darker than before. Maybe it's deliberate, maybe not.
He's been looking into the early access abyss for too long. :unsmigghh:

Seriously, so much garbage in that section of Steam.