Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Just beat this yesterday, that final choice was an emotional gutpunch even if I kinda saw it coming the whole game. As soon as I saw a hurricane in the opening chapter I was like "okay, butterfly... hurricane, I get it", but I didn't want to believe it'd come to that so I put it out of my mind. Mr Jefferson surprised me somehow, did not see that coming until just before the reveal. And for whoever cares, I chose to sacrifice Chloe for the bay even if it hurt me to do it. I mean Chloe herself wants you to do it, she wants to sacrifice herself to save the town and is ultimately the bigger hero. Saving her to drive people out of their homes and/or kill them, hundreds of them, is just selfish and lovely. I mean what if Joyce died, would Chloe even want to be around you or go on living if her mom died, especially if you caused it?

Two minor things I was wondering though, what importance if any does saving the bird have? Is it just a side thing like the thing where you keep warning your classmate? Also, why is Victoria already dead when you wake up in the torn photo reality? You're back at the exact time you left so what could have led Jefferson to kill Victoria outright instead of dragging her into the bunker? Maybe he monologued the answer but I was barely paying attention to him after 45 minutes of that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's probably been pulling in new people like me from the recent bundle/first episode being free now/summer sale so I did it for them to not be a dick.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

ApathyGifted posted:

but Max still has the option to save Chloe and then go down into town and save literally everyone. She can even save Rachel Amber if she thought about it. She could probably save Chloe's dad and prevent Chloe's accident as well. With her photo hopping ability she has the option of stopping every untimely death she's aware of.

This isn't true at all though. She can only hop into her own photographs, of which she has none left because Jefferson burnt them all. She can only go back so far and at the end she's up on top of the lighthouse cliff, and consider the fact that instead of going into town like she does in that one reality she instead goes directly to the lighthouse with Chloe. That means that the people you witness dying or who are trapped and pinned under debris are still back there without Max to save them. And they'll die because Max can't go back more than like 20 minutes of game-world time.

Also how could she save Rachel Amber, she has no photos of Rachel Amber that she herself took. And Chloe's accident happens outside of what she can affect, when she photo hops she can only go back to a small point in time within a limited area where the photo was taken. She's only present-time Max while she's there, as soon as she leaps back forward in time her unaware self takes over and she grows up to move away where she can't change anything.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Delsaber posted:

We're sort of in a new golden age of small town teens vs. supernatural weirdness and I'm loving it. Persona 4 nailed the tone better than anything else in that series, Oxenfree and especially Life is Strange made it far more personal and affecting, and now Stranger Things. I can't wait to see what's next.

An Eerie, Indiana reboot? :v:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Warren did nothing wrong.

Aaaape aaape aaaape, who wants to go ape?!

• Locked thread