Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
*time to finish up episode 4 in anticipat- :stare:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Parkingtigers posted:

Remember Me is on my top ten games of all time. I adore it. It's why I bought into Life is Strange knowing nothing about it.

The thing I always say though: you have to play it with the French audio. The English dub kills it dead. In French, its sublime. The story has a lot of beats in common with LiS, notably episode 3‘s long flashback where the path of good intentions leads to disaster, which is the entire basis for the dystopian future in Remember Me. There are few actual villains, just people who wanted to do the right thing, to make a better future, but who ended up sleepwalking into disaster.

Stunning art design, a combat system people either like/hate (I found it totally fine), an incredible soundtrack, and in French there's actual poetry to that story and I'll loving defend that game being on my top ten of all time to the death. It was an action game that on both playthroughs almost made me cry at the end. There's magic in there.

Clearly the public and critical reaction shows it wasn't for everyone. I adore it though. Everyone should give it a fair chance. It may not click for you, but if it does you will find beauty and heart in a genre of videogame where you least expect to find it.

Game owns. :colbert:

I haven't checked, does LIS have French audio?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

wyoming posted:

What is French for "Hella"?

Could be a number of expressions depending on how hella is used.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What about the Law and Order game?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Accordion Man posted:

I've only watched streams of it, but its surprisingly solid.

Cool, I like the series(s).

wyoming posted:

Oh wow there's a TellTale Law & Order game?
Is Ice-T in it? :allears:

Yeah it's on sale on steam right now (along with other telltale games).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hella is too good for this world.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man, that ending really got to me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There should have been a Frisco Ending

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Life is Strange...r announced

http://alchimy.info/alain-damasio-et-la-puissance-immersive-du-jeu-video-partie-1/

quote:

je vais participer à la suite, Life is Strange 2.

"I'll be working on the sequel, Life is Strange 2"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fuzz posted:

Read that OP because I got this for free on PS+... am I mistaken in feeling like it's basically Hipster: The Game with a Sands of Time gimmick?

It hella is

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
more importantly is there any warren cosplay?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Trailer for their next game, Vampyr: Darkness Within

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnSjJbNnEE

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What if it turns out chloé is a vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan