Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's cool the Pats didn't get hosed over by a catch somehow more bullshit than Tyree's.

Still not as good as the Antonio Freeman MNF catch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

football fuckerman posted:

ahahahha seahawks defense rushed the victory formation and then started fights hahahahaha

if they hadn't I'm not sure what the patriots would have done: a kneeldown at the original spot would have been a safety

fortunately they bit and bit hard on the chance to rush it and got tom the space he needed

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

evilweasel posted:

if they hadn't I'm not sure what the patriots would have done: a kneeldown at the original spot would have been a safety

fortunately they bit and bit hard on the chance to rush it and got tom the space he needed
Michael Bennett, Mr. Offsides, bit like the mental neanderthal he is.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

Quarterback sneak and hope you get at least to the line of scrimmage, which is a high percentage play.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's cool the Pats didn't get hosed over by a catch somehow more bullshit than Tyree's.

When the catch happened I said "it happened to them again!"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

eric posted:

When the catch happened I said "it happened to them again!"

Me too. I pretty much figured it was over, and the Seahawks were going to win a second game in a row from loving Magic Bullshit. I'm so glad that didn't happen.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

GaussianCopula posted:

Quarterback sneak and hope you get at least to the line of scrimmage, which is a high percentage play.

Or just do your best Benny Hill impression in the End Zone (like the Ravens did 2 Superbowls ago) :sax:

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I'm European and hence don't fully understand your football game. However I know enough to appreciate that the final seahawk play was a tad silly. Could nobody have challenged the guy who made the call? Could the qb have piped up or does the football culture not allow this? From the outside looking in, it just seems really bizarre. Like nobody questioned it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

adamarama posted:

I'm European and hence don't fully understand your football game. However I know enough to appreciate that the final seahawk play was a tad silly. Could nobody have challenged the guy who made the call? Could the qb have piped up or does the football culture not allow this? From the outside looking in, it just seems really bizarre. Like nobody questioned it.

I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say a more mature quarterback would have changed the play. He could have, as could the head coach.

They just thought it would work when all the data and experience tells you it was too risky with the other options available.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

Or just do your best Benny Hill impression in the End Zone (like the Ravens did 2 Superbowls ago) :sax:

20 seconds is a long benny hill time with tom "molasses" brady

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
jesus christ that actually happened last night and wasn't a beautiful dream

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

20 seconds is a long benny hill time with tom "molasses" brady

Yeah, Brady probably couldn't evade my mom for 20 seconds, much less actual professional athletes.

Also, RE: the playcall at the end,
It's not even that calling a pass was bad - it's the play that was called. A play-action fake to Lynch with a Wilson scramble and/or throw to the sideline means we're not having this discussion, even if the Patriots still managed to win the game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, Brady probably couldn't evade my mom for 20 seconds, much less actual professional athletes.
or could he

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm just glad the Patriots tarnished their win with a classless brawl. I can't believe Bill "The Grand Wizard in the Hoodie" Belichick was able to keep Stormfront, AKA Boston's Offensive Line, from committing one of their hate crimes until the end of the game. That clan sure didn't want to cross the old dragon.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Well played, sir. Well played :golfclap:

e: gently caress
I can't find the video of Chad Pennington doing an even BETTER job of juking Urlacher out of his cleats :smith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Courtesy of 4chan:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SirPhoebos posted:

Courtesy of 4chan:

Someone posted a better one already:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Chichevache posted:

I'm just glad the Patriots tarnished their win with a classless brawl. I can't believe Bill "The Grand Wizard in the Hoodie" Belichick was able to keep Stormfront, AKA Boston's Offensive Line, from committing one of their hate crimes until the end of the game. That clan sure didn't want to cross the old dragon.

Punching Gronk in the face was not a smart idea. Why get ejected at the end of the game like that?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If Tom had run that sneak from the 1 he would have scored a touchdown because this is the super bowl Madden nailed on the head

Seahawks were right to not let him run up the score.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Raku posted:

If Tom had run that sneak from the 1 he would have scored a touchdown because this is the super bowl Madden nailed on the head

Seahawks were right to not let him run up the score.

I'm not sure that he would be able to run 99 yard in 20seconds. It's more likely that he would fall down in the middle of the field with the game clock showing 0:00.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LorneReams posted:

Punching Gronk in the face was not a smart idea. Why get ejected at the end of the game like that?

Gronk probably said or did something incredibly dirty, unsportsmanlike, and classless.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Gronk probably said or did something incredibly dirty, unsportsmanlike, and classless.

Gronk is a fun guy and would never do that. Those seahawks are simply classless thugs.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Chichevache posted:

What, like beating the seahawks?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

Gronk is a fun guy and would never do that. Those seahawks are simply classless thugs.

Way to typify the racist attitudes of the Boston sports fan. :rolleyes:

Bad Munki posted:

What, like beating the seahawks?

Goodell should fine them for conduct detrimental to the league. The entire country wanted- needed- us to win, and by stealing victory from us the Patriots have insulted America. There's already enough distrust of the league, New England keeping the Lombardi would just fertilize the already planted seeds of discontent. Revoke the title for the health of the NFL, for the health of football!

Go Hawks.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

GaussianCopula posted:

Those seahawks are simply classless thugs.

Quoting this to avoid the edit

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Way to typify the racist attitudes of the Boston sports fan. :rolleyes:

The only player ever to get ejected out of the Super Bowl was a Seahawk and their TD celebrations vary between grabbing their crotch or faux-defecating (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/02/doug-baldwin-reason-for-td-celebration-between-me-and-guy-it-was-directed-at/). Sorry but that's just classless behavior.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Haha, I didn't see that. I was wondering what he got flagged for. Silly networks not showing cool poo poo.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the black guy next to me waved his arms and said "What is this thug bullshit" when the fight started j/s

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Goodell should fine them for conduct detrimental to the league. The entire country wanted- needed- us to win, and by stealing victory from us the Patriots have insulted America. There's already enough distrust of the league, New England keeping the Lombardi would just fertilize the already planted seeds of discontent. Revoke the title for the health of the NFL, for the health of football!

Go Hawks.

Holy poo poo

seahawksfans.txt

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What about RefereeGate?

Brady throwing an Intentional Grounding pass and not getting called on it, keeping their drive alive.

Or the VIPER LIKE pass interference by the Patriots defensive back as he reaches out and trips the Seahawks receiver, and NO FLAG?!

Refs are in the pockets of the Pats.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

What about RefereeGate?

Brady throwing an Intentional Grounding pass and not getting called on it, keeping their drive alive.

Or the VIPER LIKE pass interference by the Patriots defensive back as he reaches out and trips the Seahawks receiver, and NO FLAG?!

Make-up calls for missing roughing the kicker on the first possession

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jastiger posted:

What about RefereeGate?

Roughing the kicker miscalled, calling OPI on the Pats on blatant DPI, Mathews not getting flagged for push offs, no flag on DPI on the winning TD (and lol looking to the refs for a flag there).

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wyoak posted:

Make-up calls for missing roughing the kicker on the first possession

That didn't happen.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Roughing the kicker miscalled, calling OPI on the Pats on blatant DPI, Mathews not getting flagged for push offs, no flag on DPI on the winning TD (and lol looking to the refs for a flag there).

TRIFLES.

You'd call that DPI on the last play? Who is saying that?

The really egregious ones were the intentional grounding and the DPI with the leg sweep grab thing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Is Darrell Bevell unemployed yet?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chichevache posted:

Seahawks.txt

Now I remember why I was rooting for Bane to bomb the stadium.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Jastiger posted:

What about RefereeGate?

Referee literally picked Revis off for a touchdown but sure let's go with what you're saying

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jastiger posted:

That didn't happen.

uh yes it did, the rules couldn't be more clear: contact with the plant leg (this occurred, on tape, there is no dispute) is a 15 yard penalty, not 5, which would have given the patriots the ball back

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

counterpoint: hurting patriots is cool and good

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They let a lot of rough play between the recievers and defenders go on both sides (i.e. LaFell got pulled back a couple of times during a 40 yard bomb). It was just the way the game was officiated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LorneReams posted:

They let a lot of rough play between the recievers and defenders go on both sides (i.e. LaFell got pulled back a couple of times during a 40 yard bomb). It was just the way the game was officiated.

yeah I obviously don't want to bitch about the refs and both teams benefited from how the game was called and sort of relied on it - its just bizarre to try and deny the punt call was botched because that's the one case where there's basically no judgement call at all

• Locked thread