Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

That all sounds lovely, I suppose it's a dream to go active from the reserves. Can you submit an irr transfer chit whenever you want? How long are you on the irr hook for?

Edit: I should probably just stay pming you.

As long as you didn't take money to affiliate in the RC from AD, you can pretty much go IRR when you want* or just stop showing up and get processed out.

*YMMV

And as Ket pointed out, SELRES really comes down to your rate and where your chains 'give a gently caress' meter is at. If you have a rate that can actually do work on the drill weekend (IDC, admin, etc.) it isn't as soul sucking. If you're in a shipboard rate, you'll be doing GMTs, being medically ready, and sitting in a classroom doing jack-all.

Edit: Also everyone should either get out or go reserve. 10pm beer and pizza for National Pizza Day after class is good stuff.

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Laranzu posted:

Enlisted pilots. Then they could bro out with the pilot bros and bridge the divide.

There was a CWO Pilot Program for awhile that wrapped up a couple years ago. Can't say I have ever met a Flying Warrant but seemed like a pretty good gig if you could have gotten it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Stop sleeping on watch dammit!

Obviously you've never checked in on a CIC during midwatch. At least I made my guys wake up when people came into the spaces, those guys were out cold.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lazy Navy recruiters at my university's career fair weren't even wearing uniforms, just Navy polo shirts. They could have tried to impress terrible undergrad students wear SDBs or even khakis.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Analogical posted:

Well I guess they're not going to deduct my 10 months of TDY in 2014 from my IDW DNQ date, even though they sent me somewhere I can't get IDW because I'm the only sailor. I got a nice email explaining that when I get back on 8MAR, that I have until 1APR to get IDW or I'll get "Significant Problems" for an eval.

"You're our most technically diverse and highly qualified sailor in the division, I'm afraid you'll have to separate for it"

:911:

If your chain gave a poo poo about you/cared/etc. they should be able to get you additional time per instruction.

COMNAVCYBERFOR INSTRUCTION 1414.1 posted:

6.a. Significant Progress Towards. The term “SignificantProgress Towards” is self-explanatory and should be utilized only in those rare instances when the Sailor was not able to
meet the deadline due to extenuating circumstances such as severe personal hardship, illness or individual deployment. The Commanding Officer, with recommendation from the CMDCM/PM, may grant “Significant Progress Towards” status and it should be documented on a Page 13. Qualification should not be delayed due to an organization’s operational schedule.

I can't see why a 10 month TDY to a non-IDC area wouldn't qualify under individual deployment and allow you time.

Who am I kidding, you're probably screwed anyway since you seem to be crapping out on every roll of the Navy dice. Good luck!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Get qualled, scrub. If you're as proficient as you say it shouldn't take you any time at all. Any board should be a formality.

Forgot to add a :chiefsay: at the end of that.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Anyone know about reserves chief selection boards? I'm curious if they'd see all of my active duty stuff and be like gently caress yea or if they'd be all he hasn't been in the reserves gently caress him.

Make it first time up and the only reserve eval I had was a non-observed transfer from hell-on-earth AKA Operational Support Unit to an actual unit.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Day 2 of Icepocalypse North Texas: Classes canceled again. More phone interviews to get real interviews to hopefully get a real job and not have to take a mob or long term orders as backup backup plan.

Anyone in the IDC still on active, I feel for you. Corpsmen can get back to work being lazy, know-it-all know-nothings. Hang all brownshoes. Inshallah.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Laranzu posted:

Only 5 more needed to print!

Buddy up and buy 2 or more to save on shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It's always rape

• Locked thread