Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Household goods showed up. Nice having my PC again. Doesn't even sound too broken.

Edit: Motorcycle is all broken tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

DustyNuts posted:

I've had dreams about missing ship's movement for 10 years. That doesn't go away for some reason.

On the ship I'd sleep so good some nights that I'd swear I was on land.

Never dream of the ship though

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I had a dream I got sent TAD to the international space station. I'd love to see the travel claim for that one.

Travel Method -> Commercial Space

DTS would poo poo itself so hard on that one

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

UoI posted:

I went to MEPS today. Passed all my physicals and tests, chose ABE, signed my contract and swore in. How badly did I gently caress up with choosing my rating?

Not the worst fuckup ever. Definitely not the best. Hope you like flight decks and chains.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I'm a nerd, see if you can guess why this amuses me.

Neeeeerddddd

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

buttplug posted:

2600 baud?

2600 was a big hacking/phreaking magazine. Think Hackers with Angelina Jolie era.

Still exists online I think.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

That all said, I think it's good to questions our customs and traditions and get rid of stuff that doesn't make sense any more. I'd definitely be comfortable with less of a divide between officers and enlisted. I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing that.

Enlisted pilots. Then they could bro out with the pilot bros and bridge the divide.

Also fire all SWOs. They are beyond help.

Edit:In reality, small steps at a time to get rid of the elitism. It used to be much more necessary when the enlisted were literally uneducated farmers who might be able to load cannons without oversight

Stop sucking off COs and flag officers quite as hard and hopefully it trickles down. First, fire SWOs tho.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 10, 2015

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

You guys have buttplug lol.

That's a downer tbh

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Howard Phillips posted:

The SWO is too drat strong in me.

SWO is literally the Navy. It's god's work that others don't have the balls to do it. We're making miracles happen every loving day on nothing. COCOMs are hungry idiotic political beasts in peace time and their demand signal for their "missions" literally destroys the fleets and the Sailors. SWOs have to make that poo poo happen. There's a reason why at the Pentagon there's a saying that if it's a particularly difficult task with little guidance or reference to go from "give it a SWO." We get poo poo done, it may not be pretty and people's lives might suck but WE GET poo poo DONE. All this with sequestration, reduced manning, retarded procurement, BUPERS, OPNAV, and a million other BS.
:cmon:

Yeah, that's not something to be proud of. Instead of making everything worse for yourself, your sailors, your peers and you ships, there needs to be a line where SWOs say its unhealthy and they can't assume more duties or missions. Maybe then there would be some unfucking of funding, manning and platforms.

The current SWO culture as evidenced above is toxic. You shouldn't be proud of getting less sleep than the next guy. You shouldn't be proud of almost driving yourself to a breakdown. You shouldn't be proud of constantly being yelled at/ yelling at juniors. The FITREP shouldn't be padded by beating the souls out of the people below you to accomplish some bullshit that doesn't really have to be done RIGHT NOW. When a SWO gets promoted to upper leadership from this environment, they perpetuate it just because its the way it has always been. The other ones get out.

You should be proud of finding ways to streamline poo poo so everyone can get their off time as necessary. If this isn't possible, poo poo is broken.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Just checked in and one of the first things mentioned was how I should pick up collaterals to make myself stand out. Nothing about training and getting certified for the job I've never done before in a rate I just crossed into.

Lol. Never change navy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Give this dogge an EP for fluffy cuteness.

Aww yeah. Promote dem little paws.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

Today my first class told me to leave work to go to PT. I walked across base, just to get a text from the same first class as soon as I had changed that PT was cancelled. I'd normally take it as a good omen, but I fell on the ice during the walk. I really miss my five day weekend.

I'm on swings. The XO literally just got finished telling everyone how they are seeing more accidents due to drowsy driving and that chiefs and division officers should watch out for this.

Then we're all told to be at a formally optional PT session at 0600-0700 , then back on that base around noon for training. It's a decent drive from where we work.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

paperclip

Derp?

Edit: never mind figured the reference out.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

buttplug posted:

There's nothing quite like driving by the barracks of any base (Corry Station is a good example) and seeing all of the 45-55k cars sitting in the parking lot. Notice how none of them are there 1-3 days after a payday, but 1-3 days leading up to said payday that lot is full..

PS4s and Xbones were traded back and forth for various small sums of money by the Corry boots around pay day depending on who was running low that day.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

There is a palpable tension in the room as I check my phone for the third time this minute, hoping the inch of snow we just got is enough to keep me home tomorrow, or at least give me an extra two hours of sleep. So far, only disappointment.

You not want to serve your country why??? Founding fathers cry evry tim

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Howard Phillips posted:

If only you had a Raptor then snow aint poo poo.
:smuggo:

:chiefsay:

Make sure you go to a personal financial counseling with some dude who makes awful financial decisions before buying your Camaro/Raptor/Tesla .

:chiefsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

http://teespring.com/ordinary_sailor?p=p

LIMMITED EDITION.

I can't stop laughing at this.

Only 5 more needed to print!

• Locked thread