Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Applewhite posted:

Have you ever woken up forgetting which way around you are in your rack and tried to climb out, only to discover there's a bulkhead there and you're still mostly asleep so you think you're trapped in a tiny box and start to freak a little?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

UoI posted:

Sounds good, tbh. Shooting slingshots is great. The only other rates available was ABH, iirc, and logistics.

Just trying to justify the ruined next few years of my life.

If you're not married get married as quickly as possible for that sweet extra pay. I hear strippers are down for it so long as you split the extra with her. There is no way this can get hosed up.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

MancXVI posted:

You'd end up with dudes starving themselves to pay off their truck.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Applewhite posted:

It was me I started that. I was a young and inexperienced 1st Lt. I was just trying to motivate my sailors.

I'm just gonna keep on referring to BMs as bowel movements and it makes all these posts funner.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Nothing worse than getting caught sleeping in the outboard of radio by the loving nav. Dude was prior enlisted radioman so he totally knew what went on which is how he kept catching us sleeping there.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LingcodKilla posted:

I get the worst roommates. Just walked in on my roomies giving the D to someone. Seriously he knew when my lunch hour was.

Didn't even offer to Eiffel Tower it.

Dick.

Assuming this was dude on dude action.

nice

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PneumonicBook posted:

For E4-E6 sure, but based on every chief package training I've ever sat through (formal and informal) having more than one collateral is normally seen as a negative because how can you be leading sailors and doing your job as a collateral whore?

It's really hilarious because everything everyone tells junior enlisted about how to get good evals is essentially the opposite of what the board looks at.

Lol this is the complete opposite of what I saw. You needed several command level collaterals to show leadership potential, department level collaterals to show you could be a departmental figurehead, and divisional poo poo to demonstrate a personal touch. Add in your LPO position (in which your work center supervisor did all the work) and general dick sucking you can spend way more time being an rear end in a top hat do nothing and make chief.

Even better if it's "your turn" and despite all the evidence to the contrary of you being a piece of poo poo who deserves to get separated for high year tenure that you get all the good eval bullet points because you need that 4.0 over people who actually deserve it.

Civilian life has its own bullshit to deal with but I'll take corporate culture over chief boards and the culture around it any day.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Commoners posted:

It is probably because I yell, tell jokes, and don't use power point.

The key to good instruction. Who cares if you are good at it, so long as you don't use powerpoint you are golden.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Pandasmores posted:

Base security was hilarious today.

Guy with scanner gun gives ID back to this dude in a Dodge pickup. MA standing behind him asks the guy with the scanner gun why he let the Dodge guy through the gate with a dog in a government vehicle.

Scanner Gun: Oh, I thought it was like his seeing eye dog.

MA: THEN WHY THE gently caress WOULD HE BE DRIVING!??!

Scanner Gun: I don't know I guess the dog barks when he's about to crash into something? *shrugs*

What's the problem with having a dog in a gov vehicle? Meowlins come to my rescue with your encyclopedic instruction skills!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

paperclip

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just wait a few weeks when they come back in stock nerds.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LingcodKilla posted:

Welp. Just spent the weekend getting mild looks of disgust from the staff of Naval Lodge. My little buddy flew in his 18yr girl from back home. He had to rent two rooms (one for him and his lady and one for me and another buddy). While he was getting his dick on I spent the weekend playing Skyrim. It was pretty obvious the staff thought we perverts.
I can't wait till he's a bit older and less embarrassed about these things so we can just share a room and politely look the other way while we gently caress.

Corry loving sucks for not having a goddamn hotel.

Lol should have gotten a room at the hotel that has boomerZzz (or buddyzzzz wtf). You could have caught crabs from the bed and gotten shot or stabbed at the bar.

Why did you have to get a room with your pal? Liberty buddy poo poo? Did you offer a Devils three way?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Laranzu posted:

:chiefsay:

Make sure you go to a personal financial counseling with some dude who makes awful financial decisions before buying your Camaro/Raptor/Tesla .

:chiefsay:

My boats financial counselor was a guy with a gambling problem, the Dapa was a guy with a drinking problem, and this leads me to believe the guy in charge of sapr was a rapist.

Cmeo is a racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

germskr posted:

I was gonna look up how it worked but since I re-upped recently I put it off in regards to Roth TSP. After someone gets out, is it better to just let it sit in and accrue interest or can you transfer the money to your civilian Roth account? Since I technically paid the tax up front by paying in to it, I shouldn't get taxed if/when I transfer, right?

TSP deposits are actually pre-tax IIRC. If you transfer it there is no tax either. It's only upon withdrawal that you are taxed. I did the retard thing and withdrew mine instead of rolling it into my 401k and took a decent tax hit but then again I have nice new floors.

• Locked thread