Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

Does anyone actually call their PSG "smoke" anymore? I think I heard some gay ADA people using it, but I'm not sure.

Artillery still does and will forever and ever amen

E: ADA isn't artillery though

Nimmy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Suntan Boy posted:

Fort Sill is the gayest of army bases, tied with Hood and Benning.

Was there recently for a few weeks. After a week of "hahahah look at all these assholes in PT belts" it got pretty lame. Although I did love that some PVTs would call at ease for a random E5 walking past them to the DFAC. Lawton is awful.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

While officers do love them some lying and cheating, and the article does specifically make mention of the crushing bureaucracy, it still doesn't really do a good job of differentiating between outright lying and massaging the truth in order to get things done. Imagine trying to follow every regulation to the T when it comes to trying to maintain 10 year old equipment in theater. Everyone's done sketchy "controlled exchanges," manual dispatches, and worked with the XO and motor sergeant to paint a creative picture of the truth on the O2 report while forward deployed away from the BMO to avoid deadlining equipment for stupid poo poo that can't be replaced in the middle of Afghanistan.

Hell I watched a BMO tell one of his mechanics "that's just a class 2 leak" as fluid was actively dripping on the ground to keep from deadlining an MRAP in theatre.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Suntan Boy posted:

When I was there, all you had to do was go to IHOP at about 3 in the morning. All the fat off duty chlamydia barns you could ever want. Bitch, I just want to eat my pancakes and go to bed.

You could also try the gonorrhea factory, and soon to be (if not already) banned establishment Scooters.

Was also told a story about a fresh LT in BOLC getting rolled by a former Miss Lawton. She took him back to her place and her boyfriend murdered him for a couple bucks.

• Locked thread