Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Nuff said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
:agreed:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ragg posted:

Nuff said.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Yeah!

Soral
May 30, 2009

you're right, op

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:
Only console I would buy if I had money

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Goldmine.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The game pad is blowing my mind. The sound on it is better than my tv.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Greetings from the goldmine.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

It's good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Has anyone played Sonic: Lost World? I saw some gameplay footage and it seemed more interesting than most Sonic games, but it's still a Sonic game, so I'm assuming it sucks.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

FactsAreUseless posted:

Has anyone played Sonic: Lost World? I saw some gameplay footage and it seemed more interesting than most Sonic games, but it's still a Sonic game, so I'm assuming it sucks.

It's a major step back from Colors and Generations. They tried a bunch of new stuff and most of it misses more than it hits. The controls are complicated and messy, as are the parkour mechanics. The level variety is also skewed in favor of terrible gimmick levels that control equally as bad. The aesthetics are awesome but that's about it. Give it a rent at most, if only to try the free DLC levels.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want One.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's alright. they decided to try out a whole bunch of stuff with it. some of it works, some of it doesn't, but there is some really good stuff in there. its better now than it was on launch because they patched it with some missing features, originally you didn't gain an extra life for every 100 rings for some reason?? get it for cheap if you can, imo

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Oh, it's this thread again. I'm glad to know your opinion, OP.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not as good as Colors or Generations but it's alright. The problem is that there are a lot of abilities that the game doesn't really explain well. Half the time you'll flail around like the controller is fighting you when in reality you attempted some ability and cancelled it early.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Also the Wii U is great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

it's alright. they decided to try out a whole bunch of stuff with it. some of it works, some of it doesn't, but there is some really good stuff in there. its better now than it was on launch because they patched it with some missing features, originally you didn't gain an extra life for every 100 rings for some reason?? get it for cheap if you can, imo
I'm looking for wii u games I'll eventually be able to get for like 10 dollars.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
It's a good console. Looking forward to the Wii U naysayers to show up and talk about how much they hate Nintendo's kiddie bullshit, only to be blasted to smithereens by the cool and good Nintendo gamers on here.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm looking forward to these fictional people posting here as well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The only people on SA who hate nintendo are the guys who used to post in the wiiu fail!! Thread, and now they just spend all day sulking in the Xbox one sucks thread.

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
They're real and they post in the Imp Zone.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ha! the wii u might have good games, and be an awesome console that's fun, but look at these loving charts

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

The game pad is blowing my mind. The sound on it is better than my tv.

its really really good

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

wiiu is the new dreamcast

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

another cool thing about the gamepad is playing wii games on it

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

After looking past the hype in this forum (perpetuated mostly by people who unironically post in gbs crew threads mind you) there's nothing intriguing about the WiiU. It's a stupid piece of turd.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reminder that Wormskull buying a WiiU is just an extension of the troll he did where he enthusiastically bought a zombie fleshlight and tricked a bunch of white noise posters into doing the same.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i am at a lost for words

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

You know in Toejam and Earl 2 when you get a present and the lovely voice same says "AWSOME"? That's the Wii U.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have. It's not very good. Maybe rent it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Toejam and Earl U

one player uses the gamepad and the other uses the tv

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Remember when everyone thought the Wii U was balls, then the PS4 and Xbone came out and the Wii U just sort of won by default?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Nuff said.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How many G's are in your Wii U Username, Ragg. Add your boy, wxrmskull.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Reminder that Wormskull buying a WiiU is just an extension of the troll he did where he enthusiastically bought a zombie fleshlight and tricked a bunch of white noise posters into doing the same.

lol

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

mods, rename Imp Zone to the Wii U Retreat

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After looking past the hype in this forum (perpetuated mostly by people who unironically post in gbs crew threads mind you) there's nothing intriguing about the WiiU. It's a stupid piece of turd.

derp! derp! durp! durrp! derp!

• Locked thread