Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it is an ok thing that lets me watch my friends worst and best gaminig moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
There's this one guy that watches me play dark souls 2, but nothing much else

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

it is an ok thing that lets me watch my friends worst and best gaminig moments

agreed, its good op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

There's this one guy that watches me play dark souls 2, but nothing much else

chuckeecheese_turning_slowly_at_you.gif

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
There's these people that will watch me play Kerbal Space Program or other puzzle-y games where I sort of half-whisper explanations of what I'm doing and I think I am accidentally getting some of the asmr crowd.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Ok.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what is your favorite thing about steam broadcast

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think you're going to be seeing a lot of cool new Steam products.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my fave thing about steam broadcast is i cant figure out how to do it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Streaming has to be one of the hardest things to do on the computer... very few people know how to use the software.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is on by default and if your friends want to watch you play they just go to steam friends and click your name and then watch game.

Then you get an annoying pop up unless you always let your friends watch.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it is not on by default i think you at least have to check a box in your settings because people cant watch me play games... but i cant find the box

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

You have to check it under broadcast settings there's four options and the friends need to request to watch should already be enabled.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh yea this is in the default client now right? i never watch streams for entertainment but it will be cool to say "hey i see you bought xxx, do me a favor and play it for 10 minutes so i can see what its like"

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

When playing a game open the steam overlay (shift+tab by default on windows).

Click settings at the bottom.

Click the "Broadcast" tab. You should be able to figure out the rest.

When broadcasting is turned on there is a 0 at the upper right of the screen. It doesn't start encoding etc if there are 0 viewers. People can join you and then it will start actually broadcasting. I think people can join your broadcast or you can invite them through steam's instant messaging service. There is also a 'request to watch' feature if they have Broadcasting turned off, where if the player accepts it turns it on for them.

This is all in the normal client now.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Kylra posted:

There's these people that will watch me play Kerbal Space Program or other puzzle-y games where I sort of half-whisper explanations of what I'm doing and I think I am accidentally getting some of the asmr crowd.

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh snap maybe this is how I can show the glory of no more room in hell

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I get a small crowd watching me play New Vegas and Skyrim. There's this Korean kid that's obsessed with Fallout and modding who watches every time.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Heran Bago posted:

When playing a game open the steam overlay (shift+tab by default on windows).

Click settings at the bottom.

Click the "Broadcast" tab. You should be able to figure out the rest.

When broadcasting is turned on there is a 0 at the upper right of the screen. It doesn't start encoding etc if there are 0 viewers. People can join you and then it will start actually broadcasting. I think people can join your broadcast or you can invite them through steam's instant messaging service. There is also a 'request to watch' feature if they have Broadcasting turned off, where if the player accepts it turns it on for them.

This is all in the normal client now.

ok i did it i broadcast a game and 1 person started watching and then stoppe

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Awesome! posted:

oh yea this is in the default client now right? i never watch streams for entertainment but it will be cool to say "hey i see you bought xxx, do me a favor and play it for 10 minutes so i can see what its like"

This is literally what I do it's perfect.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
one time I left my stream settings on while I was playing The Talos Principle, but got embarrassed and turned it off when somebody joined.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I keep forgetting about this until my fps starts dropping and i finally notice someone watching my ff13 broadcast ten minutes after the fact

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

Do you do Kranky Kong?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i had set it so anyone could watch what i play, and around a dozen people showed up and started arguing with each other about how badly i was making the game look, which was distracting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Wormskull posted:

Do you do Kranky Kong?
I could try but I don't think I'd do it very well.

I can get pretty non-kong cranky though.

• Locked thread