Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lata jie
Oct 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yay, weaving thread. And just in time for me to embark on a weaving project.

I had recently come across carbonised bamboo and spun that up.. to be knitted into a shawl of sorts with neon coloured beads. Except, after spinning and plying, I realised that the best thing to do with the bamboo was to weave it into a scarf.. luckily, mum is a vast fountain of everything crafty and had a spare 4 shaft loom I'm currently borrowing (and was able to help me string the entire thing, as I would have failed miserably without help).

Anyway, here is a picture of the bottom part of the scarf. The middle part has almost no beads in it as I figured that would add un-needed weight to the scarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lata jie
Oct 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yep, well.. at least the first time on a 4shaft loom.. I had (as a child) played around with a kids weaving frame.

I'm still having issues keeping the width of the woven part the same, I pull too hard on the thread :( And I've come to the conclusion (less than half way) that I don't actually like weaving. It's boring (possibly due to lack of pattern) and I can't see the half-finished product and play with it, as you can with knitted things.

Lata jie
Oct 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Amykinz, that looks impressive. And it looks quite a bit smaller than I thought it would (not weaving width wise, length wise). I've only ever seen floor looms that take up half/all of the room.

Lata jie
Oct 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Finally finished the scarf that taught me that weaving is an acquired taste, which I don't have yet.

And a pic with black light shining against it.

The entire thing is going to an exhibition from our spinning/weaving group in May :)

• Locked thread