Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I just updated my cellular phone to the latest cyanogenmod nightly and it looks totally different than before??? whats going on??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a piece of poo poo operating system

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
it's like getting aids 5 times

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its called matieral design and heres a little newslfash moron; its fuckin ownage

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

kill urself

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i think it's called lolly pop op

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

theres a thing in saettings now that lets you rrestrict certain privs from certain apps andfor osme reason loving EVERYTHING needs location and not just coarsel ocation but like high powered fine location and eVERYthing so i went and revoked it fornm all that stupid poo poo, suck it bank and facebook and snapchat and other apps i have installed you odnt get as much of my METADATA as you used to fuckers

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol cyanogen mod? get out turbo nerd

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i have an iphone

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the most advanced telephonic device

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

pram posted:

a piece of poo poo operating system

this!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i wouldn't want to be Android!

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

theadder posted:

the most advanced telephonic device

lol nice troll

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ohhhhhhh

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yeah android 5 was "released" like several months ago but the update only just became available for my literal google nexus branded tablet like a few days ago smh

screen pinning could in theory be very useful but now unlocking requires an extra swipe for some reason which is the most microsoft loving thing :negative:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

well one of the bulletpoints were cool new animations so you gonna endure them whether you like them or not

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

jony ive aces posted:

yeah android 5 was "released" like several months ago but the update only just became available for my literal google nexus branded tablet like a few days ago smh

screen pinning could in theory be very useful but now unlocking requires an extra swipe for some reason which is the most microsoft loving thing :negative:

What's screen pinning? So far the feature I'm noticing the most is a lot more apps force closing

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
pinning an app locks it in that app so that going to another app requires your unlock password

it's guided access from ios lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

oh so its kiosk mode

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
oh boy a update to the linux phone os its gonna be great

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

it's you, op. lol!

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

andorid 5.0.2

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

cthulhoo posted:

andorid 5.0.2

nic
e

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Smythe posted:

its called matieral design and heres a little newslfash moron; its fuckin ownage

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its good of smythe to point out that its awesome bc no one seems to notice by themselves

5: Informative

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

rememebr this

lol

realpost: i used a honey comb tablet and it was tremendously bad

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

cthulhoo posted:

rememebr this

lol

Smythe posted:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

:worship:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cthulhoo posted:

rememebr this

lol

realpost: i used a honey comb tablet and it was tremendously bad

the only good thing about honeycomb was putting the virtual buttons and notification bar on the same part of the screen instead of using two parts of the screen

so of course google changed this.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

well you see they had to unify the tablet and phone ui because piss and also farts

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the phone ui isnt even unified with itself now, 3 major versions later

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Smythe posted:

what's the material? literal poo poo?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

what's the material? literal poo poo?

layers upon layers of poo poo with drop shadows

smoothly* moving with breathtaking animations

* not really

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
a newfangled quantum material that switches between paper, brushed alu, plastic, or air

it matches the superposition state of the back button at random. look at it? ha it just changed sucker

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

its like its skeumorphic and authentically digital

at

the

same

time

#whoa

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the camera is loving terrible

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
someone thought "hmmm yes, what users want is to have to swipe twice to get the full control panel from the top of the screen"

someone really thought that.

anroid folks!

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

for some reason you cant touch on empty space to make it gently caress off anymore either you have to swipe it up

lollipolip is rather bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
one of my faves is where you have to delete icons from your homescreen by dragging them towards a button where they made huge efforts to make it look like button that you press. only you cant press it, it emulates the real world scenario of "dragging stuff onto buttons"

• Locked thread