Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

what the gently caress is android 5.0? a miserable pile of lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
snype to say ubutto phone for life

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
:saddowns:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
:newlol:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

reported

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shameful

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Wells posted:

someone thought "hmmm yes, what users want is to have to swipe twice to get the full control panel from the top of the screen"

someone really thought that.

anroid folks!
idk i think it's kind of an improvement from before where you got different top panels depending on whether you swiped from top left or top right

cthulhoo posted:

for some reason you cant touch on empty space to make it gently caress off anymore either you have to swipe it up

newreply.php posted:

one of my faves is where you have to delete icons from your homescreen by dragging them towards a button where they made huge efforts to make it look like button that you press. only you cant press it, it emulates the real world scenario of "dragging stuff onto buttons"
i'm not getting either of these on mine?? the X Remove thing does not look like a button

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

idk i think it's kind of an improvement from before where you got different top panels depending on whether you swiped from top left or top right

yeah that was a fascinatingly retarded thing to implement :allears:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvjDtaCkacQ

chou must be mortified that he showed up in a terrible rap video

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

5 second summary of Android:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

got 5.0 for my n7 and it continues the trend of android getting more unstable the longer you own the device. like even with a complete reinstall it does the same thing. also happened to my droid x as well.

if you got an android for free you still got ripped off.

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

cthulhoo posted:

yeah that was a fascinatingly retarded thing to implement :allears:

webos did it and it was fine, and it was fine in anroid imo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Origin posted:

got 5.0 for my n7 and it continues the trend of android getting more unstable the longer you own the device. like even with a complete reinstall it does the same thing. also happened to my droid x as well.

if you got an android for free you still got ripped off.

my nexus 5 is falling the gently caress apart but looking pretty doing it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

my nexus 5 is falling the gently caress apart but looking pretty doing it

lmao what a quality product, isn't it only a little over a year old?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

ridin it hard itt

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

october 2013. the physical phone is fine but android 5 is a mess

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

its called matieral design and heres a little newslfash moron; its fuckin ownage

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Something called whisper push occasionally locks up my phone completely when I text by force closing, relaunching itself, then immediately force closing. Forever.

anrdoid

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

the real lol is u running cyanogen

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Slightly better than running a stock os provided by an ad company that doesn't get updates because the device manufacturer would rather sell new hardware

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bloody posted:

Slightly better than running a stock os provided by an ad company that doesn't get updates because the device manufacturer would rather sell new hardware

except whisper push is a cm-specific thing, so this is more lol@you than android

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also rule 36 bitch

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

dang. well then lol @ cm people for loving up so badly. altho the bit where i cant open the google play store because it force closes itself is also nice. also my camera doesnt really work right now and snapchat force closes after a second or so. lol.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

and gmail isnt push email to my phone any more, i have to go and manually refresh it, which is super slow. i refresh it and a few minutes later i get a dozen notifications of new email.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

and i cant hit report on any of the force closes because that just causes google play services to force close

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

are you even running like an official cyanogen stable build?

because if you just downloaded some lovely port off xda made for your posphone by some drooling bitchtard and expect anything to work right then just lol at u forever and ever

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

yeah its through cm's autoupdater. i just updated and suddenly had some random trashfuck new version. owned, i guess.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

realpost: if u just upgraded between major cm versions i.e. 11 to 12 u might need to reflash gapps dot zip with a appropriate version to stop all the google poo poo from randomly crapping itself

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

realpost yeah i know i havent found any suitable lp gapps yet unfortunately

but, anroid lol, i just got a text message sent yesterday

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps

yw pos friend

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

loving shameful

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bloody posted:

dang. well then lol @ cm people for loving up so badly. altho the bit where i cant open the google play store because it force closes itself is also nice. also my camera doesnt really work right now and snapchat force closes after a second or so. lol.

Bloody posted:

and gmail isnt push email to my phone any more, i have to go and manually refresh it, which is super slow. i refresh it and a few minutes later i get a dozen notifications of new email.

Bloody posted:

and i cant hit report on any of the force closes because that just causes google play services to force close

Bloody posted:

but, anroid lol, i just got a text message sent yesterday

lol that you're so broken that you think this is acceptable for your phone

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

cool android warez trading, the most shameful poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

this is a good page for android lulz

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

installed and now its worse lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my phone is an unusable piece of poo poo, moreso than usual for anderoid

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

jesus christ i just rebooted to gently caress around in recovery and it went into odin mode instead and it thinks its downloading something but uhhhh it isn't plugged in to anything

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i should go to the windows store and get a new phone lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

android: not even once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

a tiny part of me wants to get some random cheapass chinese android tablet from dealextreme or similar just to gently caress around with stupid bullshit like this and relive the days of being 14 years old and ricing windows XP

but to do any of that with a device i use every day...ah-hahahahahahah

• Locked thread