Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bloody posted:

i should go to the windows store and get a new phone lmao

you really should

if you're committed to not buying an iphone for some reason then winpho is the least bad option

in that it works 100% oob. you don't need to gently caress with it, and to a certain extent, you can't gently caress with it

there are no apps, but it works as a basic smartphone without any bullshit

or, you know, just go get a free-with-purchase-of-medium-beverage iphone 5c and stop this nonsense altogether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

or give up on smartphones altogether because if you don't want an iphone no matter what you get it will be poo poo garbage for loving idiot babbies.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

android is unstable but lmao at thinking fukin cyanogen mod would be any better. even the "stable" releases are buggy battery draining trash

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

tbf i don't want a smartphone at all

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cyanogenmod helps make that a reality

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bloody posted:

:thurman:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lollin hard at everything above

jfc

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

if you're committed to not buying an iphone for some reason then

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

give up on smartphones altogether because if you don't want an iphone no matter what you get it will be poo poo garbage for loving idiot babbies.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
doesnt 1+1 run on cm and its really dang nice

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Yolo Wizard posted:

doesnt 1+1 run on cm and its really dang nice

it does but I wouldn't use really nice to describe it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I might get a nexus 6 from my company to gently caress around with. I am plenty content with my all apple lifestyle but having a dumbass phablet to play around with could be fun. I also make mobile apps for a living so I guess it's educational or some poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if you make mobile apps for a living what use would it be to learn android programming?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if you make mobile apps for a living what use would it be to learn android programming?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

idk if it counts as android but i got an amazon echo and it works p good as a thing i can yell at to do things

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

have you put it in your rear end yet, and did it echo when you did

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's too big for even my rear end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

plus it's full of my airport extreme base station

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

I do iOS and mostly ux poo poo. haven't owned a android for a couple years

and didn't say for programming, just like literally just for loving around with to play with the ui and do stupid nerd poo poo. if I just wanted to program I'd use the simulator.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anroid lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have an iPhone 4

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i have a nexus 5 and it is wonderful. locked and stock as sundar intended

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i really hope sundar doesn't get cancer and try to treat it with diet and exercise and die, leaving some idiot who fucks up the os in his place

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

maniacdevnull posted:

i really hope sundar doesn't get cancer and try to treat it with diet and exercise and die, leaving some idiot who fucks up the os in his place

bill gates is still alive tho :confused:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

/!\

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

I might get a nexus 6 from my company to gently caress around with. I am plenty content with my all apple lifestyle but having a dumbass phablet to play around with could be fun. I also make mobile apps for a living so I guess it's educational or some poo poo

Enjoy the random phone reboots

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

I do iOS and mostly ux poo poo. haven't owned a android for a couple years

and didn't say for programming, just like literally just for loving around with to play with the ui and do stupid nerd poo poo. if I just wanted to program I'd use the simulator.

the joke is that android users dont buy apps

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Bill is dead inside; the iPhone and iPad did it.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Bloody posted:

Something called whisper push occasionally locks up my phone completely when I text by force closing, relaunching itself, then immediately force closing. Forever.

anrdoid

Bloody posted:

dang. well then lol @ cm people for loving up so badly. altho the bit where i cant open the google play store because it force closes itself is also nice. also my camera doesnt really work right now and snapchat force closes after a second or so. lol.

Bloody posted:

and gmail isnt push email to my phone any more, i have to go and manually refresh it, which is super slow. i refresh it and a few minutes later i get a dozen notifications of new email.

Bloody posted:

and i cant hit report on any of the force closes because that just causes google play services to force close

Bloody posted:

yeah its through cm's autoupdater. i just updated and suddenly had some random trashfuck new version. owned, i guess.

Bloody posted:

installed and now its worse lmao

Bloody posted:

my phone is an unusable piece of poo poo, moreso than usual for anderoid

Bloody posted:

jesus christ i just rebooted to gently caress around in recovery and it went into odin mode instead and it thinks its downloading something but uhhhh it isn't plugged in to anything

Bloody posted:

android: not even once

Bloody posted:

tbf i don't want a smartphone at all

Bloody posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i put cm7 on my droid 2 and it was hella fail

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

poty posted:

the joke is that android users dont buy apps

when we wireframe and set up for design for an app that's gonna be for both ios and android, we literally spend 90% of the time doing the ios part because it doesn't loving matter if you nail the design language of android or not because it'll be co-opted in the next version with a whole new set of guidelines anyway.

and yeah android users are scum of the earth who will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying 1 dollar for anything even if they themselves admit to being reliant on the app for everyday functions, and they will stack your review wall with bad ratings if you attempt to make money through advertisements that they can't block with adblock.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

when we wireframe and set up for design for an app that's gonna be for both ios and android, we literally spend 90% of the time doing the ios part because it doesn't loving matter if you nail the design language of android or not because it'll be co-opted in the next version with a whole new set of guidelines anyway.

and yeah android users are scum of the earth who will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying 1 dollar for anything even if they themselves admit to being reliant on the app for everyday functions, and they will stack your review wall with bad ratings if you attempt to make money through advertisements that they can't block with adblock.

reminder that a dude on the android gaming thread lamented missing the $2.50 sale for the Bard's Tale because he had to wait until payday to afford the $10 full price.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

reminder that a dude on the android gaming thread lamented missing the $2.50 sale for the Bard's Tale because he had to wait until payday to afford the $10 full price.

hahahah

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smythe posted:

i put cm7 on my droid 2 and it was hella fail

yeah it was an android

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
my 4G moto G is Really Good, on the flip side I have an android tablet that is super fail

previous android phone had cyanogen mod and as time went on it got worse, until they stopped supporting it. realyl weird bugs like plugging in headphones and turning the 3.5mm jack the wrong way would stop whatever the phone was doing and immediately open up the playlist editor

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
and that gay rear end tablet wont even charge unless i plug in a cable and duct tape it in the right positon jfc

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Citizen Tayne posted:

sorry kids were having canned beans tonight because daddy needed to invest in candy crush lives

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
tbqh i have a galaxy s3 that i really like, i bought it from a coworker for $100 brand new after the large breasted woman at the phone store managed to boobs windows phone yes heres my number droooool.........

been p happy with it, but dont know why anyone would upgrade to 5

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

how can u say something like that

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im luck my bite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

lol

• Locked thread