Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I will never forgive Jerry Jones' son for robbing us of Manziel as a Dallas Cowboy

even if he ended up good that spectacle would have just been the greatest thing to ever happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Don't bring up the Maras to Cowboys or Redskins fans but yeah, the Maras are good owners. No complaints and it's nice to have stability and calm there. All the owners are lovely in some way and all of them fleece their fanbase/cities but on a list of bad people the Maras are pretty low.

Steve Biscotti seemed like a quality owner until the Ray Rice fiasco.

I legit don't know anything about the owners for the Chargers/Cardinals/Texans/Chiefs/Rams. Are any of them good, fans of those teams?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I like that the Browns are getting a logo that isn't a helmet but I hope they don't actually put it on the helmet, or they at least do something more creative. I like the blank helmet and the Helmets that are a touch more unique than just slapping a logo on it.

The best helmets are the
Eagles
Rams
Browns
Vikings
Bucs (I actually really like the Big rear end logo on the side, the rest of the uniform sucks though)

The rest are just boring or basic. I'm all in favor of trying a new helmet look as long as we don't get another Jags helmet. gently caress the Jags helmet.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Browns Helmet should just be pure white with a toilet flush handle on the side

because the Browns

*puts on sunglasses, rolls dollar bill*

are poo poo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

WugLyfe posted:

You think that's bad, post the giants one.

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Most of them are just the current logo blown up 100%. A few of them are alright but most of them are just bad

The Steelers one, ugh

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I think the thing about the logos that bothers me so much is that certain ones give away how lazy they were being by just blowing them up. Look at the Patriots logo. Why is it facing up? It feels like they blew up the logo, realized they couldn't fit it on the helmet because it's too long, so they just angled it funny for no reason in particular. The perspective makes it look like the top of the hat would actually go across the crest of the top and onto the other side of the helmet. There are ways they could have made the big Pats logo work (Namely do something like the current seahawks helmets do and have the logos meet in the back) but they didn't. It looks like they just blew it up and slapped it on with no real thought given to how football helmets curve. If you want to really think about it, look at a lot of these and try to picture what they would look like from the front or back instead of just the angle you are given. The Texans red horn wouldn't be a horn, it would be a strange red stripe that meets at the crest.

The big logos work somewhat well for some, but mostly the ones that aren't just the logo enhanced but actually have an element of the logo incorporated. The Browns one is a good example. The big head takes up most of the helmet, but because they blended in the brown parts of the logo with the brown of the helmet it looks more seamless. Same with the Bills. The red stripe of the Buffalo ends up becoming the entire helmet red and the blue aspects stand out. It's not perfect, but it works alright. The Dolphin one works for similar reasons.

Giving it a closer look the Cowboys Helmet actually is pretty cool. The Colts one is just baffling, why use grey instead of white (but that might be a rendering issue they lazily didn't attempt to fix)
The KC logo looks like a mustard and ketchup bottle. The Bucs one is nice. The Denver one is bad, the size and shape of the D doesn't match up with the helmet at all. I might like the Bears one if they removed the white outline. The Jets fade is a nice idea but it kind of blends the edge of the J for no reason and might work better as a hard line.

Lions is good, the logo shapes nicely to the helmet curve even at that size. The texture and darkness of the SF one is bleh, same with GB. It kind of works for the Raiders though. I also kind of like the weird dot texture of the Ravens one. Redskins texture is alright but the logo is too big for it to shine. The Saints one is kind of nice but the ear holes and visor holes kind of take away from the classic Fleur de lis.

The rest are just boring or terrible.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 19, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

i didn't see it. which link was that?

I think you just got wooshed bro

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

There's a fartsy design class graduate whose peeing himself because of all the attention he's getting for these. There's almost no thought put into any of them.

You guys are the first to see this. I'm working on more Defunct NFL teams. This is for the New York Bulldogs.

Source logo/ graphic

What I came up with:

I started work on this before Cleveland announced the new logo, but...

I wish you'd redo the helmets, they wouldn't be terrible, I love your stuff man

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was about to post a link to the new Browns logo and have it be Goatse but then I realized you guys would not know it was a joke

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The new Dog looks like an angry puppy, its too cute to take seriously

I like the brown facemask, I assume the new helmet will have that and I'm intrigued. Honestly with this little changing, the uniforms probably won't change much

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Magicpants posted:

they made 3 LA jokes

Comedy rule of 3's, bitch

Nah they are hacks

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

football fuckerman posted:

Here's a cool email the NFL sent me this morning

Great job on the consistent branding guys

Most teams have about a billion different designs for official clothes

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

football fuckerman posted:

do most teams announce a logo then keep selling the old logo on things? white facemasks abound

It's only been a few days, they probably need to get everything updated, and they probably don't have as many people working on that as you'd expect. They look to be behind as nothing in the store has the updated version yet. You could still find plenty of good ol' Helmet Dolphin after the Miami re-brand. The Browns official store has a total clearance sale on right now, so they are probably trying to get rid of as much of the old stuff as they can because they know people will buy the new stuff.

They sent you an ad on an automated system before the ad was updated. If they are still selling exclusively old logos in a couple of weeks then you can laugh.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I actually don't mind that jersey outside the weird drop shadow. But only if it's the alternate jersey, the home jerseys need to be Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Brian Hartline posted the new helmet on Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/1IkAi2humV/?taken-by=brianhartline

Brown facemask I like, gently caress Matte finishes though I like my helmets shiny and proud

• Locked thread