Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
So I'm on this diet and trying to lose weight. What are some good games to diet to? I was thinking platformers would be good because there's a lot of movement. Jumping burns a lot of calories, right? How many calories will I burn per world of Mario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kylra posted:

So I'm on this diet and trying to lose weight. What are some good games to diet to? I was thinking platformers would be good because there's a lot of movement. Jumping burns a lot of calories, right? How many calories will I burn per world of Mario?

Wii Fit U.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
World Class Track Meet, and if you try to cheat by laying down and drumming on the buttons, you don't get to eat.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Wii Fit U.
But the trainer doesn't even run through the world right? How is that going to help?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kylra posted:

But the trainer doesn't even run through the world right? How is that going to help?

Your mii runs all over Wuhu Island.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Get one of these setups and play Morrowind and don't use Silt Striders or Mage Guilds.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

Get one of these setups and play Morrowind and don't use Silt Striders or Mage Guilds.

All this equipment and he's still laptop gaming. smh.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dance dance revolution ultramix

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fat princess

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_Ei8rives

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
mount and blade no-horses would be sick as hell on that thing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I mean if you just want the character to mimic your weight loss progress I'd have to recommend Sonic XL. Of course you'd need to gain the weight with him first.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

fat princess
Having men feed me cake all day is what got me into this mess in the first place though. :(

I salute the length these gamers have gone to to stay healthy.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
if you force yourself to play fez going to the gym and working out for hours will feel like a respite

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I don't think there's something direct but you could use fitocracy or one of the many Nintendo cooking games.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

I'd really like this, but with a better game

Get Crypt of the Necrodancer and a dance pad, OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I say Unreal Tournament or whatever the crappy alternative to star craft or something is, as dieting is for clown rear end losers... IMO.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If only it was possible to set up a trampoline for bhopping in quake 3.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
yo momma so fat, wii fit u doesn't fit her.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
play games at a standing desk.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Schnedwob posted:

that sounds like a great idea

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

sonic 2 xl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I used to play a bunch of DDR. It was fun (love rhythm games) and I could usually do all the high level songs. I don't have a good place to do that nowadays though.

Schnedwob posted:

I actually kind of want to do this. Necrodancer is sweet.

• Locked thread