Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im toying with the idea of including a reference to the beloved Companion Cube in the indie game I'm developing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Definately. Dose it have Zombies, too?

Excelsior
Apr 30, 2003

make sure it has a silhouette art style. if you can also mix that in with really lovely pixel graphics too, that'd be great.

let us kickstart this motehrbitch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I say go for it, OP. No shame in honoring one of the greatest games ever made, Morrowind.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cimpanion Cube cameoing in as a secret playable character

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

smart move.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pixel art survival rogue like where you experience the companion cube's journey through life and death after it is thrown in the incinerator

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that seems p swaggy op

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Where can I preorder?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

Cimpanion Cube cameoing in as a secret playable character

Chimpanion Cube

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
remember, the cake is a lie OP

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mayhaps you could call it a "Partner Box".

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

khrits posted:

remember, the cake is a lie OP

Hell. Mothershitting. Yes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Hell. Mothershitting. Yes.

you don't have to cuss so much

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Best of luck in making the right decision, OP. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm easily excitable

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

You should be coy with your Cake is a lie reference. Maybe there's a cake that you try to approach, but it disappears before you can touch it. Or, you could go one step further and have the cake turn into a Spy, from Team Fortress 2.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Silver Striker posted:

You should be coy with your Cake is a lie reference. Maybe there's a cake that you try to approach, but it disappears before you can touch it. Or, you could go one step further and have the cake turn into a Spy, from Team Fortress 2.

you approach the cake and it tells you that dota is good

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Awesome! posted:

you approach the cake and it tells you that dota is good
No no, that's "the cake is a liar". Different thing entirely

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Epic win op indeed

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

You may be interested in my Extreme Memes Models and Sound Pack with 7+ .OBJ meme models, 2500+ .TIFF-format memes (with specular, bump and occlusion maps) and 500+ lossless .FLAC memes, all ready to make your indie game Freakin' Epic. Purchase it on the Unity3D Asset Store to get an extra pack of Troll Face-related content

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

please do not forget to link your kickstarter, this already seems promising to my eyes

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Kylra posted:

No no, that's "the cake is a liar". Different thing entirely

actually in the opening credits of portal 3 gladOS says "the cake tells a lie"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I say go for it, OP. No shame in honoring one of the greatest games ever made, Morrowind.

Take an arrow to the knee lol!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Awesome! posted:

pixel art survival rogue like where you experience the companion cube's journey through life and death after it is thrown in the incinerator

Looks like someone missed the subtext at the end of portal 2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wonderful idea OP. Mind if my band sends you our postpunk/crustwave cover of Still Alive?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

#yolo

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
can i hav early acess

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i don't care if this game is in pre-alpha, i will buy it right now for 30 dollars

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please make a retro stylized pixel platformer with zombies

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hm looks like we really hit all the bases here. i can't imagine anything else to bring up. seems like this topic's really checked all the boxes, so to speak.

also nice shitposter av

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

hm looks like we really hit all the bases here. i can't imagine anything else to bring up. seems like this topic's really checked all the boxes, so to speak.

also nice shitposter av

thank you!

actually op please allow me to go bowling with my cousin roman in this game

that would be pretty epic as far as references go

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
you should have someone give you the cube after suggesting that it's dangerous to continue without it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gently caress you man.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
has anyone suggested having to ccraft the companion cube, except in an epic twist, it needs cake...but there's no cake. it's a lie. lmao.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SeXReX posted:

you should have someone give you the cube after suggesting that it's dangerous to continue without it.

I like this.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I've decided to hide a pixel in my game, as a tribute to retro that core gamers will appreciae. The question is , can you find it?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Eonwe posted:

please make a retro stylized pixel platformer with zombies

retro pixel zombie survival crafting open world platformer puzzle roguelite (now on steam greenlight!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skylark posted:

I've decided to hide a pixel in my game, as a tribute to retro that core gamers will appreciae. The question is , can you find it?

lol

• Locked thread