Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
And I mean OTC/prescription drugs, being used as indicated, to solve real problems in meatspace

Like, if you can't sleep? well take some diphenhydramine and you'll be catching some ZZZs in no time. as a side effect it also makes you stop sneezing

cetirizine binds to the same receptors, but it doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier so it suppresses allergies without making you drowsy/loopy. I am so glad this poo poo is OTC now. I used to take loratadine but it made me piss a lot more than normal and didn't do poo poo unless I took it every day, even if I didn't have hay fever that day

painkillers are cool and I'm curious about the action of different NSAIDs like ibuprofen vs. naproxen. why does naproxen last so much longer?

piercings are more like slapping AMD INSIDE stickers on your computer case, but some of them are pretty cool. more extreme body mods like genital modification can be cool I guess. I have some specific things I want done but they're pretty private. I'm sorta associated with "the scene" though and I think it's neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
gas

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
haha jk, i hope this turns into a megathread and lives long after your permaban

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Gonna get my butthole pierced.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

someone do all the posts about gettin another hole in ur penis itt

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

BONGHITZ posted:

I want this thread to stay because echi pharmacy posts are always really interesting.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah same

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

can we get the gas and the permaban

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
straightedge with no mods but curious about this thread!

i hear you can get really "hosed up" on drugs. Like, things get weird and crazy

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this has all the trappings of being literally the worst thread in yospos history

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Jonny 290 posted:

straightedge with no mods but curious about this thread!

Like current Yospos, I have no mods.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Like current Yospos, I have no mods.

hahaha gently caress

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

sm1 thought i was an ik earlier bc i closed my two (bad) threads

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm clean shaven all over which is like keeping the dust off your computer case!

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

pram posted:

this has all the trappings of being literally the worst thread in yospos history

I hope this thread ends up as 90% echi coolposts and 10% people asking him questions and 0% TMI.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why hack your body, when you can hack your mind

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

woah i never thought about hacking things other than a computer are there some kickstarts that i could support to do this kind of thning

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

placeholder in case this thread is successful and not another shameful admissions thread

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

why hack your body, when you can hack your mind

actually this reminded me about nootropics, but those seem reeeeallly sketchy/confirmation biasy to me, pending FDA review

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
tbqh this thread owns and the op owns, who presents a truly epic case of split personality, between postin panda pictures and legit dope posts

also why oes naproxen last longer

oh and add doxylamine to ur antihistimine sleep aids since its the OG antihistine, and also all 7/11 sells becaus e they are cheap bastrards (". "we never know when the turks might come back and kill 2 million more they (historically questionable) killed last time"
") with a delightful odor of combined onions, curry, and a small bit of perhaps barley.

idk like dey aint showered in days

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I've never taken doxylamine but it sounds like it might be a good sedative. ambien doesn't sound like it's quite my thing

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i used to have a piercing but i dont anymore

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i have two body modifications, but i'm not going to say what they are, so that everybody can take turns making humorous guesses at my expense.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i have 2 tattoos.

a humorous guess about where my piercing was is probably close to correct

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
permaban OP

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are some good starter drugs and piercings?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

crack

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flat Daddy posted:

stab a hole in ur dick and smoke weed thru it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Flat Daddy posted:

i dunno about the piercings but you could probably get a pretty good trip out of some 2-GBS

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

i dunno about the piercings but you could probably get a pretty good trip out of some 2-GBS

lmaoing irl

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
o, like the forum. haha

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my ears are pierced

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I don't like bringing this to the discussion because it doesn't really have any clinical use

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonny 290 posted:

please don't own me while signing your posts at the same time haha

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

Like, if you can't sleep? well take some diphenhydramine and you'll be catching some ZZZs in no time. as a side effect it also makes you stop sneezing

only you've got the primary action and side effects back to front hehehe

quote:

cetirizine binds to the same receptors, but it doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier so it suppresses allergies without making you drowsy/loopy. I am so glad this poo poo is OTC now. I used to take loratadine but it made me piss a lot more than normal and didn't do poo poo unless I took it every day, even if I didn't have hay fever that day
about 10% or less of poeple still get sedated from them. they are H1 histamine receptor antagonists.
more traditional ones considered sedating are generally more effects but tend to have lower half lives
also interesting.. H2 receptor antagonists, so still histamine receotirs, like ranitidine do nothing for allergies or sleep but reduce stomach acid production

also coz in the body and in the brain histamine is used but for different things. in brain, sleep regulation. in body as a chemical messenger for allergies.

quote:

painkillers are cool and I'm curious about the action of different NSAIDs like ibuprofen vs. naproxen. why does naproxen last so much longer?

simply because drugs are metabolised at different rates for different reasons, usually to do with the affinity our bodies enzymes have for them. the lower the affinity the slower they are metabolised into an inactive and/or more excretable state. some drugs like meth don't get extensively metabolised at all and are often excreted unchanged and it seems weird but you could extract meth from piss and re-use it.. its like you took the drug, got the effect and didnt even use the drug up

naproxen is a slower metabolised NSAID compared to ibuprofen. its worth noting that all NSAIDS have the same effect (they inhibit the COX enzyme) and hence all NSAIDS are almost as efficiacious as each other. they differ slightly but not significantly and its usually the side effect profile which is why some are and some aren't prefered for reasons

NSAIDS are bad for kidneys. take sparingly.

Flat Daddy posted:

like most people you should start with alcohol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've never taken doxylamine but it sounds like it might be a good sedative. ambien doesn't sound like it's quite my thing

it is a fine sedative, smooth even. promethazine is also decent (and a weak anti-psychotic) easily available otc but it can produce a mental fog. as far as anti-histamine sedatives are concerned shoot for (hheh) cyclazine (the classic, and junky fabled diconal comes to mind). ambien has a similar synergy but it is incredibly strange. intravenous drugs hacks ur bio compute, it bypasses ur firewalls and blah blah blah, don't do it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
moving from a world of antihistamines into benzo and benzo-likes is moving to a much more drug dependent world

sedatives/depressants should be used very sparingly. usuall a good reason to ask why you need them rather than diving head first. the amount of sleeping tabs i dispense is insane and its very difficlut for people tog et off them

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

only you've got the primary action and side effects back to front hehehe

about 10% or less of poeple still get sedated from them. they are H1 histamine receptor antagonists.
more traditional ones considered sedating are generally more effects but tend to have lower half lives
also interesting.. H2 receptor antagonists, so still histamine receotirs, like ranitidine do nothing for allergies or sleep but reduce stomach acid production

also coz in the body and in the brain histamine is used but for different things. in brain, sleep regulation. in body as a chemical messenger for allergies.

simply because drugs are metabolised at different rates for different reasons, usually to do with the affinity our bodies enzymes have for them. the lower the affinity the slower they are metabolised into an inactive and/or more excretable state. some drugs like meth don't get extensively metabolised at all and are often excreted unchanged and it seems weird but you could extract meth from piss and re-use it.. its like you took the drug, got the effect and didnt even use the drug up

naproxen is a slower metabolised NSAID compared to ibuprofen. its worth noting that all NSAIDS have the same effect (they inhibit the COX enzyme) and hence all NSAIDS are almost as efficiacious as each other. they differ slightly but not significantly and its usually the side effect profile which is why some are and some aren't prefered for reasons

NSAIDS are bad for kidneys. take sparingly.

like most people you should start with alcohol

yeah benzos cause less harm than cannabis ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
promethazine is my favorite medicine these days. so good for an upset stomach.

• Locked thread