Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Some guy once made a post about this game that I saved. Here it is:

quote:

EA makes a huge deal about how Pay 2 QoL this game is, and how you should totally sub or else you'll have a terrible time. But the truth is it's pretty easy as preferred. By 30 you'll have all those QoL things back, and by 50 you'll have the last few extras back ( Purple equips, Companion outfits, etc. ). You can get them back by buying them off the GTN through ingame credits, and if you plan to have alts, can get account based versions of things that'll apply them to all your alts.

My first character 1-55 managed to unlock every single QoL thing along the way accountwise, and still had enough money at the end for a week of PvP/Space Battles. After going through the Makeb dailies ( it's set up to take you 4-5 days, and 2-3 weeks to "see" everything. ) I had enough money to buy 6-7 PvP passes, and a 4-5 Op passes. For my second character, since I had all the Account upgrades, I just had him grab a whole bunch of exp boosters. All the credits he makes go towards PvP passes.

Since the passes are account wide, as long as you keep leveling up alts/doing dailies, after your first character you should always have access to PvP/Ops at the very least. You can easily make enough credits in a week after level 30 or so to constantly have a PvP pass on hand, and there isn't really anything better to save up credits for.

As long as you are willing to put in even a little bit of work, this game is fairly nice to Preferred players. The only thing I don't have is the faster QT/Fleet Pass, but I just gave Bioware $20 to get the GTN/Mailbox/Vendor/Skill Trainer for my ship, and that solved that issue pretty handily. Oh, and I can't quick respec, but since I play healers/tanks, don't really need to.

On the other hand, if you are F2P you eat a exp penalty, which somewhat ruins that.

e: For the Flashpoint pass. You can run as many Flashpoints as you want, as many times as you want as Preferred. You'll get full exp as well! The only thing that Flashpoint pass "fixes" is that you can only roll on the last bosses loot three times a week. It's all last bosses, so if you are in two different flashpoints both last bosses count to the same pool. On the other hand, it only applies if they drop something you need, and you can roll freely on all other boss loot in the dungeon. I've never had any problems with it, so I've never bought those passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Some of the most fun I've had in this game is two-manning some really hard heroic areas with a buddy of mine. Gave me some EQ1 vibes.

This game is a lot of fun with friends, but unfortunately I don't think it has a sidekicking option. I love how they do group conversations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

LTD posted:

Stuff about GSF

I've played a bit of this and it was pretty fun, though I played it at the launch of it. Have you played Star Conflict? Curious how it compares to that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
After being disappointed in World of Warcraft again I've decided to return to the only MMO I didn't actively hate that still exists: this one. Whats cool is coming back to your account and seeing a years worth of Cartel Coins accumulated from the security key.

Oh snap double exp weekend starts tomorrow. I picked a good time!

I guess that means I should get a referral link from someone?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 13, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Anyone on Jung Ma? Yeah yeah, server transfer whatever, my RL friend plays on this server so I'm here to stay.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Medullah posted:

Have him transfer too. :)

Ok you've convinced me. I thought I had more than one decent leveled character but I was wrong.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It seems weird being a mean ol Imperial with a goofy rear end jawa following you around. Is the jawa at least evil?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cythereal posted:

The ewok is, the jawa (BH exclusive) is pure LS.

I confused ewoks and jawas.

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you hate having lots of skills to worry about, I recommend playing arsenal merc or marksman sniper. Their main rotations involve like 5 buttons, you don't have to worry about too much.

I'm a marksman in the 30s and I have a fuckton of buttons. I can't imagine having more than this. And I dont even have all my poo poo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

KittyEmpress posted:

I briefly saw someone republic side today. But they were skittish and ran off.

You people should stop being so :godwin: and make some good jedi fearing republic characters, thanks.

I'll be making a smuggler at some point. Not sure why there aren't more republic characters, considering I thought most people played for the stories.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 16, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You can't argue with the kick to the nads

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jedi posted:

If anyone needs an invite to either guild, I'm usually on after 7PM EST for a few hours. Post your character name in the thread along with what faction, and I'll do my best to get to you if someone else doesn't.

How convenient, I was literally just about to ask about this. I just made my Smuggler, his name is Exephir.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah best thing to do during Double XP is class missions. Save the side missions for your inevitable alts.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I know, but its better than doing content twice or up to four times and getting bored with it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh man, you're in for a treat. Nar Shaddaa looks loving amazing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd be willing to be an inviter or whatever, I think I'll be playing this for a while. My in-game name is Xarrec.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

lalaland posted:

a search turns out results of people with this problem having some success changing their windows system language from [freaky foreign language] to english.

Speaking of which, I found a random tip online that suggests that if you change your Windows system language to English (UK) as opposed to English (US) you wil get faster loading times. I am not 100% sure if it works but I went ahead and did it anywa

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm sure it "picks up" later but I was so fuckin bored playing FF14.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mulodyne posted:

lana's in game face weirds me out in ways i can't articulate

Yeah the second I saw that screenshot I closed the window. She looks terrible. Like someone was trying to make a guy in Sims but just hit "random" a few times

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The only class I've been steered away from is Maurader (dual wielding Sith Warrior) due to having too many buttons. Bounty Hunter feels like easy mode compared to Agent, since you don't have to use cover and your first companion loving owns.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Kaliyo is fine with working for the empire, she just doesn't like it when you kiss rear end. All the "yes sir, no sir" stuff.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
When I was younger I used the numpad pretty much exclusively to play MMOs. So much so that I eventually got a USB numpad. There's a lot of buttons there!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sjonkel posted:

I'm currently playing as preferred after the 7 days free subscription, and I'm a little curious about the currency escrow. Almost all cartel market unlocks cost more than 350k, so what is the "strategy" here? Save up some millions, subscribe for a month and then buy them all? I'm assuming you get access to all your funds when you subscribe?

I always assumed you were intended to buy them while subscribed to make your non-subscribed life less sucky. Is it realistic to ever expect to be able to buy Artifact Authorization on the Marketplace or should I just go ahead and shell out for it? Is it worth getting if I don't really intend to raid, maybe just do some dungeons at late-game?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Medullah posted:

Isn't the artifact authorization only for < 50? I thought i read that you can still equip purples at end game without it

I... don't know? I never thought about it. This would be totally awesome if true.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

denimgorilla posted:

Suppressive FIre is awesome.

If you're wondering if using it ever gets old... the answer is no, it's always awesome.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

denimgorilla posted:

Are there multiple levels of Rocket Boost?

You want this so bad. Rocket Boost lasts 15 seconds and the cooldown is reduced to 30 seconds. It's great. Rocket Boost with level 1 cooldown is kind of stupid.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Another reason to join the Empire. Feels pretty douche to do it as a Republic dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Turtlicious posted:

So to be a hundred percent clear, this is Kotor3 with diverging quest lines, voice acting, and companion story lines except it's an MMO. Right?

Yes. However, while this game is good, don't go in expecting it to replicate the awesomeness of playing the KOTOR games for the first time. You're just going to set yourself up for disappointment

• Locked thread