Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Well that was a nice surprise, guess I just pre-ordered that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Norns posted:

You would think if you cared that much about minor graphic detail, you would just get a PC and not worry about it?

Can't afford that when a significant amount of your time is spent telling smarter people they are wrong in the internet.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Really hope they work on VR menus. While Assetto Corsa's menu system isn't the best, the driving is rendered to it's own window, leaving the menu on my monitor and rendering the game to the headset.

Needing to run a stream to see the menu is a pain and the only thing I've tested that needed this type of work around.

Otherwise the game is decent in VR, but my gtx 780 is getting a workout and it's no where near ultra settings. Oh and there is some weird big with shadows.

Karts feel really cut throat. I muscled my wins and almost feel sorry for the ai.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

You really love pugs huh?

I for one can't loving use the menus without a mouse, so I don't think I'll be HDMI'ing into the living room anytime soon.

Best Buy had the Logitech k400 wireless keyboard with trackpad that is only $30. Great for couch gaming on the PC.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Stock car around Nordschleife is a riot.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

simosimo posted:

Sounds good.

What was that racing game which actually promoted their AI would remember you if you smashed them off the track, and you even got points for dirty racing?!

Shift 2 did and I think you leveled faster by doing that, since you have more opportunities to be an rear end in a top hat than anything else.

One thing I noticed in VR mode, the cockpits only have the front areas of the car rendered. On the 125cc karts, there aren't rear wheels. On the formula A and old lotus, the rear area is very low polygon with the tires being blocky. Most cars are very simple behind the driver.

Not that you would notice under and normal circumstance, but it is strange when compared to the detail in Assetto Corsa. I suppose it might help with performance.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Sorry for starting California highway without letting you select your cars...then immediately dropping. (no i'm not,enjoy your superkarts)

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

hopterque posted:

Most of us were in various random lotus f1 cars actually and me and whoever Gary was found out the lotus 49 is actually pretty loving cool in that track in the rain. Hard as hell to drive but pretty cool.

e:^ this is apparently gary.

It is one of my favorites in both Assetto Corsa and Project Cars.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I started at the lowest level of karts. I've completed the first karts championship and selected my team for the 250cc karts, but all I've been getting is invitational races, not a single 250cc race. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the same. In season one, these were the Caterham and Focus RS. Now I've had the GT320(?) a few times in session two.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Goon racing is pretty good, and full of terrible racing ideas. Like using the McLaren F1 on a track with corners or karts, because 50% of goon races are with karts at this point.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

OhsH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-XVO4mo3u8

hi me and ethanol did nurburgring today.

LMP1 is a really fun car on that track.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, so I must have hit Enter while in VR at some point, cause brake assist was bound to it and it was mysteriously turned on. Would have been nice to know that I had that bound or if I could change options during a race.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Well I don't exactly have a HUD anyways in VR view. But it'd have been nice to have gameplay and control options in the pause menu. Really though, the UI would have to be my primary complaint. They need to hire up a UI dev.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Essobie posted:

Their forums have people saying that separate audio sliders for things like tires are "on the list" which I hope is still further down the list from "get the racing HUD to stop being poo poo".

I may be a little bitter about the HUD.

Admittedly, they have like 6 months til a consumer VR is out there, but I really want to see a UI worth a poo poo in that as well. In-cockpit at least needs to have that chat available, so you know what people are saying. And maybe indicators for things that aren't in the car already, like if you have a flag and need to pit or a fuel gauge in those that don't display it. Audio sliders would be helpful as well, along with allowing you to get into options without quitting a race.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

widespread posted:

Side note: When's snow coming in as a pickable option.

I don't know, but goon racing would be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2g6sTSbxBU
Formula car doing the ring in the snow. (phone posting)

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Basticle posted:

R18 TDI which is an older version (what the difference is i have no idea)

I think it lacks the electric motors on the front wheels that help acceleration out of corners.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

Every gear, it seems. I haven't tried any other cars yet, and the 125cc kart seems ok. If I give it slow acceleration, it will drive normally, but pedal all the way down is redline city.

I've had a few cars that had two gears set to the same ratio for no apparent reason. I'd recommend reviewing the gear tune screen.

Also, if you drive with a clutch or it requires a clutch in that car and you pop it into gear without it, you'll just be in neutral. I misshift all the time and do that.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Full VR support :)
And they mention hud elements in VR, so I will know when I need to pit. Been disqualified a few times cause I miss the audio to pit.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Norns posted:

I wish they would just get a Porsche licence.

The new 918 would be amazing.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

So I cannot seem to figure out how to get my control scheme how I want it. I have a logitech racing wheel with h-shifter and pedals. I basically want it to control like a normal shifting car would, with clutch being necessary to properly shift.

For whatever reason if my car is in neutral and I shift without using clutch, my engine stalls, just fine like how I would like it. But once I am in first gear, I can shift willy nilly, up or down, skip gears, not match rpm's etc, and just completely forgo the clutch and the game doesn't seem to mind. Also it still thinks I would want flappy paddle shifting enabled which I don't (But worst case I guess I can unbind those).

I have automatic clutch set to Off so I am not sure what else I could do to make the game actually care about the clutch...

Is this a car that actually has a stick/clutch?
For instance, the McLaren P1 has paddle shifters and doesn't use a clutch, you can use the H-shifter to drop it into the gear you want without a clutch as well. Where as something like the Lotus 49 is a stick shift with clutch and won't work without the clutch, even if you use the paddles to do the shifting. Some cars like the Ford GT40 will let you downshift without a clutch also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Yes, there is a switch for 0.5 and 0.8. Phone posting, so I don't have the reddit URL handy. Though Elite runs on SteamVR/OpenVR now and people claim it performs excellent. I thought iRacing was also updated.

Supposedly the windows 10 November update broke the switch, though I haven't noticed and use it for Assetto Corsa & Alien, all the time.

Now if only the shadows and performance were better in project cars.

• Locked thread