Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Backed at the full member tier and it is amazing how far this game has come. The physics are really dialed in now and the graphics are jaw dropping. Can't wait for the final version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Licensing issues are being sorted out. They just can't talk about it until the contracts are signed.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Back in the fall it was very obvious there was no way in hell they were hitting that date. Now it feels like they will easily hit the date.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I wonder if I am going to lose access too my beta version before launch.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

If you still have access right now then you were upgraded to the retail version and you're good.

Great I just installed it.

Does anyone expect to make any money? If I see 10 bucks I'll be shocked.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Every car and track is unlocked from the start. You can start at any point in the career you want.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I can also confirm I still can't drive a standard worth poo poo. I can turn all assists off and manual transmission and go around the track at fast speed in perfect control but my race pace sucks because I am bad at shifting at the right times so oh I slowed down for this corner way too much and just lost 2 seconds welp.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

ethanol posted:

What, because they don't have full race weekend simulation? Having played project cars now, it's really good but it doesn't give me dozens of cars to buy including my real life car. Presumably making the simulation so realistic didn't leave much time or money for car recreation and licensing

Buying tons of cars isn't a draw to me. There are all variants of skylines half the time. I would much rather have actual race cars than a bunch of street cars. Full race weekend is way more important to me than a lot of cars.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I Said Come In you up for 25 laps around the Ring? Formula A.

F1 isn't having a German GP so we will.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Superkarts at Dubai.

Thunderstorm at night.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

When is this going to go down? I think I might be able to fit in the time to do it. I'm in the middle of exams for school until the end of next week. :(
I don't know I just made it up for that post! How about we do it after launch.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Okay it turns out 25 laps would be over 2 hours which isn't a legal race length. How about 13?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Neogaf is all saying its terrible where is my Japanese cars and Chevy's and 100 Skyline variants. Look what happened to poor Mclaren when they teamed up with the Japanese to make a race car!

It is a motorsport simulator not a car collector.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No Suzuka is the real god drat crime.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Funny way of saying Road Atlanta.

You're not wrong.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

neogaf idiot posted:

Hell, the majority of the tracks in the game are sorta quirky ones that you wouldn't expect but were mysteriously also present in the studio's old NFS Shift games.

This game is going to bomb on PS4 and Xbone so hard when people like this are those consoles user base.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I cannot wait to sit in my chair for 24 hours and race the whole time because I have no one to take over driving for me. After that I will pick the bits of my exploded bladder off my desk.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Nice I just caught a guy playing a pirated copy of project cars on twitch. It still had stock cars, unlicensed track names and was time stamped october 2014. Way to be obvious guy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I reported him to twitch.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Because he was played a half a year old buggy version of the game that might make people not buy it because of bugs / roughness.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone that hates karts has obviously not raced super karts. I finished my season one of my career in the regular karts and got a contract for a super kart team and God are those things fun. I don't know why I bother reading discussion on that site instead of just getting news from it. People comparing Pcars to forza and gt when the level of simulation is totally different. They are not the same genre of course Pcars doesn't have hundreds of cars. I don't need to worry about my brakes and tires being cold in forza.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hey I'm cancelling our German GP 25 laps around Nordsleife. Turns out you are getting the game on ps4 and I play on PC.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Okay well if you fix it then we can do it. I'll be waiting.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You know Barcelona is in the game and the game comes out Thursday and the Spanish GP is next weekend and...

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Are you a bad enough dude?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Went from Formula Rookie to GT3 at the end of my last career season. Looking forward to getting into the endurance race series at the end of my gt3 season. Then LP1 after that to finish the zero to hero goal.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The pedals on my wheel broke today. I was braking at Watkins Glen when the brake pedal snapped clean off. I don't have high hopes about Thrustmaster replacing it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah I turned ABS/Traction Control/whatever the third one is on and am playing with a 360 pad. It controls real nicely if you count insanely easy to the point of being trivial as nicely. With all those assists I can bomb around any track at top speed with no care in the world. Tapping the brakes in a corner in a Formula car with my wheel and all assists off could send me spinning and into a wall and dead. With the 360 controller it doesn't matter what the gently caress I do. Took a lot of the fun out of the game for me personally.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was having a mad over reaction to my pedals breaking. I was real upset over it and wanted to take out my frustrations somehow.

I really don't expect Thrustmaster to do anything and I can't afford a new wheel.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

3+ years. I should be able to just get the pedals there is a set on ebay for a decent price. Just waiting to see what thrustmaster says before buying them.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Reviews are in! They are good! Pop the bubbly guys.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I was racing my first race in the F1 part of the career and hosed up my fuel load at some point. I was on lap 20 out of 52 and had burned 70 liters out of my starting 100 liters. There is no refueling allowed just like real F1. The max for the car is 240. I was messing with different setups for the car to try to get some extra speed and must have messed up the setting and then saved it as the default.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Reviews across the board have been mid 8's to mid 9's. Except for Shacknews that gave it a 6/10 just because it is a sim and the reviewer doesn't like those. Otherwise the reviews have been really positive.

I think F1 racing is the best part of career mode and I'm kinda puzzled why it was tier 2 instead of the end of the line Tier 1. The LMP 1 season was pretty disappointing. Only maybe 7-8 total locations per season and you race at each one twice per race weekend. F1 is 19 race weekends of 1 race per weekend and each of those 19 is a different location.

Isn't F1 the top end thing in the real world anyway? Biggest stage biggest money?

LMP 1 also has you do 2 races at Monaco which those big cars in those tiny streets of tight corners is a complete cluster gently caress. Avoiding the walls is basically impossible. The second race I was already so far ahead in points for the season I just started the race and immediately retired and took a DNF.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm here to give you the straight dope on the hardest car to drive in the game. The Formula A which I spent all morning driving with a controller while waiting for my ebay auction to end so I can get my wheel working again. The Formula A is a v8 F1 car based on the 2011 cars. It has DRS, KERS, and god drat near 1000 BHP. The thing is fast all the time and has poo poo tons of torque. You know the thing where you can spin F1 cars 180 degrees just by pushing the gas for half a second? You can totally do that with this one. I think this is the only car in the game I would say if you are racing with a controller it's okay to use assists. Even with assists on it can be a beast to handle at first but once you get maybe 20-30 minutes of practice you will come to love it. With assists on it felt just exactly right to race. If you gently caress up it will still spin out put you in a wall and make you meet the ghost of Senna. It pushes you just enough.

Then we get to the rest of the cars in the game. You don't need assists to drive them with a controller. Turn them off it will be fine. Maybe some of the classic F1 cars you might need them but I haven't tested. I was setting great times in a Formula C with a controller and no assists at all and it felt just like driving it with my wheel with no assists. The game controls just fine with a controller.

Also I decided to give the Formula A a try with a controller with no assists. The killer is low speed turns. You need to be real careful when you are going slow through high degree turns or you will spin out very easily. Some tracks don't have many of these and are easy to drive. Other tracks have nasty turns and you will be miserable when you first start. After about 20 minutes of trying I was really getting the hang of racing the FA without any assists but I don't think it will be for everyone.

Also does anyone want to race a Formula A race at Barcelona today online due to the Spanish GP being this weekend? PC version. If you do be warned I am going to turn on assists because I want to have a chance to win.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was racing on it earlier today so it totally did.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

ethanol posted:

Well, I definitely don't see it on this list

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

That list is months old isn't it?

That's the retail release version btw. All the beta stuff got stripped out a few hours ago no more login or anything and it uses your steam name now.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 6, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It doesn't appear until you go to checkout. Yes it is dumb.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So the second event in the FA series is Hockenheim GP course. I set a Respectable 1 minute 29 second qualifying time which puts me on the pole. I skip to end of session and am now on second place. Because a simulated AI put in a 53 second lap time. The world record for that track in real life is 1 minute 13 seconds set in 2004. This simulated driver shaved 20 seconds off the world record. I'm kinda not happy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

For you guys who've played it on the PC already, what can I expect with a GTX 970 and i5-4690k?

60 FPS unless its raining then it will tank.

Also figured out my fuel problem. If you set the session length to lower than 100% it will put fuel for that session as default and then when you raise it again it won't put more fuel in the car. So if you set it to 0% race length that's how I ended up with 99 liters of fuel. When I set the race to 100% (67 laps around the hock gp circuit) it didn't give me the fuel for that full race. I noticed this around lap 3 instead of lap 20 this time so progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cool. Rain hits the fps by how much?

There's a good slapfight going on between a neogaf idiot and the actual SMS render developer. I feel for that guy having to deal with those morons.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041640&page=8

My 16 gb fast ddr 3, 4.3 ghz overclocked 3570k and 780 loses more than half the fps.

That is at all ultra settings pretty much. The ultra reflections is the real fps killer. Lowering those to high apparently makes it no where near as bad.

• Locked thread