Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Black Baby Goku posted:

tell me a racing wheel for PC to buy

I just bought a G27. Since that's what everyone seems to recommend under like 500usd. I've only had it a few days, but it seems well worth the 220 I paid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If people weren't playing the game as we speak it would be cause for concern.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Safe bet to just buy the PC versio

advion posted:

Doesn't make sense. At least I hope it doesn't since we've still been doing pit entry and exit QA lately and the car pathing is still quite horrible among other issues and things still partially implemented.

Odds are they are throwing all resources at the console versions atm.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I want to buy an Xbox One for Forza 6, but I don't know yet. I really miss the Forza series. :/ I get PCARS for PC with all of the DLC for free, but my PC isn't that good so I'm gonna buy this for PS4.

I bought my Xbox One strictly for Forza games.

I love racing sims, but loving hell if I don't love car collection games!

Mad at myself for getting a G27 for my PC and finding I love using wheels in racing games. (Up to this year I always used controllers)

Now I'm trying to find a solution for PC/PS4/XBone. :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I heard something about a snow track a while back, did that get cut?

And I assume that Indy and stock car stuff I've heard about is going to be dlc?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kickstarter backers are terrible people.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

PS4 and PC here.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ethanol posted:

So the pc version does not take advantage of the xbone controller impulse triggers. too bad

That sucks. Those things feel great in Forza.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ethanol posted:

here's a ps4 stream
http://www.twitch.tv/inragetv
, so far that 'bug' just looks to be a different way to do motion blur that people seem to think is worse because of too much ghosting. I won't be getting that version anyways though.

I really do wish pc would support the xbox impulse triggers though

Windows would have to support them first. loving Microsoft. :argh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You would think if you cared that much about minor graphic detail, you would just get a PC and not worry about it?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thought it was the 8th?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ethanol posted:

midnight on the 6th for steam release

Sweeeeet. Guess I need to hook up my G27 again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

You can pre-load this dork rear end game on Steam now.

Yeah downloading myself now.

Shows 2 days 9 hours on steam. SO CLOSE.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

bUm posted:

Kind of disappointing. Also: I thought a week ago they said May 8th midnight was the release most places; is Steam getting it a full day early? Wonder if that'll impact GMG timing or if us going the cheap route will be waiting till late Thursday/early Friday.

Good thing the Dirt Rally surprise last week has been more than satisfying my racing game wants. I hope PCars is as satisfying as it has been and is essentially the road version of it.

Steam shows me the 7th for release.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I was having a mad over reaction to my pedals breaking. I was real upset over it and wanted to take out my frustrations somehow.

I really don't expect Thrustmaster to do anything and I can't afford a new wheel.

Can't you just replace the pedals and not the whole wheel setup? Or epoxy the pedal and reinforce it with something to get you by for now?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Anyone have a steam group going for this already?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just a fyi for the guys waiting on the PS4 preorder. It's not happening. You'll still get the car packs though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

That's kinda what I figured once it was announced digital console version gets all of the free car packs that the PC version gets too. That's very weird to me, but ooh well.

I guess the issue is you need to submit your game 8 weeks prior to the preorder date.

Given the constantly changing release date, I'm sure you see the issue.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Work is going to be hell. Just going to be thinking about my new racing career all day.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What series are you guys planning on focusing on?

I think going to push myself and try that zero to hero stuff.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Endbuster posted:

Check the PC gamer one. They played it with a controller.

That's like reviewing a fighting game with one hand tied behind your back.

Still nice to see they put some effort into the controller unlike AC.

Speaking of contollers. Any of you beta duders using a g27? If so, what settings are you using?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I found every car impossible with controller in AC. Could just be me, but I've always done okay in Forza and GT with contollers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Expect some "fans of the genre" reviews.

Also ignore reviews.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Brake linearity to 16, all pedal deadzones to 3, the rest default.

Anything special in the logitech profiler? Or just the typical turn off centering stuff?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks! Good to hear I'm not going to have to screw with wheel settings for an hour or more before i take my first lap.

I've actually been looking at upgrading my pedals soonish anyway. Then my shifter...then my wheel...then my desk.

gently caress.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Besos - Circuit de Catalunya is on all the track lists I've seen.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Crossing my fingers for good results with my i5 2500k @ 4.4 and my 780ti.

Only playing at 1080, I assume I'm going to be okay.

Also Neogaf is awful.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This is DriveClub's 30FPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD9JgorUkWc This game is a technical achievement in all respects. 60fps would have been nice, but other then that the games graphics are perfect.

Thanks for giving me a full on chub at work.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I have been wanting something to supplant my Forza itch. However, the PC Gamer review says that the game does not play well with gamepad controllers. Is it any worse than, say, Grand Turismo or Forza with a pad?

I'll give it spin with my DS4 and Xbone controllers before i hook up my wheel tonight.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Does this game have romance options?

Yes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No dickhole AI cutting into your lines? Happens to me all the time in AC and I loving hate it.

Don't even get me started on the Drivatards in forza...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't seem to get my G27 to feel right. I feel retarded, but I don't get the wheel calibration.

First it has me do a full wheel rotation. That part I get. When it asks me to turn it so it's 90 degrees. Am i supposed to center the wheel first then do the 90 degree movment? Or do I put it at 90 from the fully turned clock or counterclockwise turn?

I feel like I'm having to work my wheel way more than any other sim I've played.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

headfake posted:

Center, then 90 degrees. It should show total degrees of around 900 (maybe not exactly though).

Thank you. That did the trick.

This game is GORGEOUS.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sweeeet I totally forgot that DashMeterPro for AC also worked for this!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do we have a steam group for this yet?

Don't think so. I asked the other day and no one spoke up

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

These 125cc carts are ridiculously fun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Something about the FFB lining up with the camera shake in this. It gives me a better road feel, and controll that I haven't had in other sims.

I'm so happy right now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sounds like you're losing grip because you're to agressive on the throttle?

What sims are you comparing this to?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Over the years I have come to realise that:

Arcade = everything works
Sim = gently caress around with controller settings for hours

The net result is you get to drive cars around, I'm starting to think sims are redundant.

Redundant for you. I find arcade racers dreadfully boring now. (Forza Horizon 2 is still alright )

When I get home from work I'll try a contollers for a bit. But my G27 didn't take hours of setup.

I could see why carts with a controller would blow though. They are really twitchy with a wheel, but controll really well. But I'm generally using really small inputs since they have a reduced turning radius vs a regular car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Comma Chameleon posted:

Probably because the "typical" sim crowd loves things to be overcomplicated and unapproachable, Spending hours tweaking .ini files to get the handing to match their preconceived notions of how a racing car handles is exactly what they want. It also provides them a high horse from which they can dismiss anyone who questions the authenticity because that person obviously didn't take the time (hours) to gently caress with files and settings.

PCARS changes that by being simulation and also easy as gently caress to configure, so of course the typical crowd is already dismissing this game as console trash for reasons such as "The cars feel wooden" and "too much grip" and obviously the multiple professional racers who tested the game extensively through it's lifespan and posted detailed logs of that testing on the development forum are incompetent/paid off/never played it/pr stunt/etc.

Who's saying this poo poo?

• Locked thread