Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advion
Jul 25, 2005
Doesn't make sense. At least I hope it doesn't since we've still been doing pit entry and exit QA lately and the car pathing is still quite horrible among other issues and things still partially implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Mootallica posted:

Pretty sure the gold release - or at least something very close to it - is on Steam now as well. 11.8GB "patch".

We've apparently had the gold version for a couple weeks now and the 11GB patch is an error on their end.

From the Forums

"It shouldn't be so big guys sorry, something has gone wrong. We're struggling a bit to find the time to look into it with everything else going on - it won't do any harm to install it, but it certainly shouldn't be that size as very little has changed."

"As already mentioned by Mr Garton the last build resulted in an 11GB ish payload. This is the result of moving our build process data over to a new internal branch for D1P, unfortunately this means internal data changes to a number of files across the project mainly due to local file timestamps. This is something we need to address as part of the build process when uploading to steam, which would mean adding a pre-processing layer to resolve target data file changes that would affect Steams differencing system resulting in needlessly large download sizes. This is something we can resolve, but it's going to take a week or so to get this in place and test."

"For visibility btw - the PC Gold (DVD) build was basically equivalent (but not identical) to WMD build 971. The day one patch is therefore the cumulative contents of builds 972-987."

advion fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 20, 2015

advion
Jul 25, 2005
It's true

advion
Jul 25, 2005

enojy posted:

There's an indoor kart racing place nearby that has 45MPH karts. I had to go through a 2-day training course just to get a license that allows me to drive without the speed governor. 45MPH in a go kart on a little babby go kart track is FAST and fun as poo poo. If it wasn't $30 for 3 races, I'd probably go there every day. Better than autocross in your own car, if only for the air conditioning and lesser wait times.

There are places all over that have "40+mph" karts and you walk in and watch a five minute safety video and have at it. 2-day training...?

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I think we all already got pushed the last files yesterday but I believe we have the gold version plus the day one patch already.

Edit - "Build 998 (01/05/15) - This time the "ACTUAL" Last GBs"

for the VR guys there is some work being done.

Render Coder posted:

Quick update - I have the Oculus direct mode working correctly now. The first patch after the D1P will allow this mode using a command-line option "-vrdirectmode". There's also a performance optimisation that should make it to this patch that gains around 7% in Rift mode, always useful when trying not to drop below 75"

advion fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 2, 2015

advion
Jul 25, 2005
SMS already said they were looking for a fix and I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up in the daily code change log in the next week. Worst case you have to live with a non game breaking bug for a few days.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

ethanol posted:

I just watched my first FIA GT race and well, nobody told me the drivers flash their lights at each other as distraction

I will be using this tactic at night, be prepared

Pretty sure they do that to let them know there is a faster car coming up behind and they are going to be passed.

Edit - Watched the video above and it looks less like trying to be a distraction and more him saying "I'm faster why are you holding me up" or an "I'm coming for you hoe".

advion fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 4, 2015

advion
Jul 25, 2005
At that level I don't think some flashing headlights are going to bother anyone especially during the day.

Either way typically headlights are used to tell someone you're faster and going to be passing.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Since the WMD forums are hidden and don't allow new users, is there anywhere that's compiled the best wheel settings and recommendations for the game?

They are launching a community forum and it's being set up now. I believe yesterday their eta was "a couple days".

People complaining that there is too much grip and then saying they play iRacing makes me laugh. These cars are built to be grippy and as easy to drive as possible that's how racing cars are.

I've read a lot of the feedback from Ben Collins, Nic Hamilton, Oli Webb and if they are happy with how things feel then so am I. I'll believe them before I believe some random armchair racing driver who complains about too much grip.

I also think people think they are entitled to laser scanned tracks in every game now and that's just stupid.

advion fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 7, 2015

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Norns posted:

I'm on a I5 2500k @4.4 and a 780Ti with almost everything maxed out except AA and I'm not seeing anything like that.

Same setup for the most part but I'm at 4.2ghz and running at 3440x1440. Haven't had any issues for the last 20 dev builds.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Norns posted:

Buy a wheel :D

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I completely forgot they released all the driver input that had gotten over the years. If you're bored and bitching about why what handles like you don't think it should because you're a pro drive who has driven all of these cars then this may be a good read for you.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-driver-feedback-compilation-available/

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I don't really give a poo poo what NeoGAF says or whether they think it's real or not. It's real, I've seen the forum threads and I highly doubt SMS was holding their hand telling them to post only certain poo poo.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Just watched a video of a lap of fake Suzuka... what the hell did they do to it? I mean sure they might have missed a license for it, but they butchered the track. Missing part of the esses, the hairpin, and the final, chicane. Its so weird.

Not sure if this was answered from a few pages back. They had the real Suzuka layout for a while and when it didn't look like they could get the license before launch they had to keep the name different and also modify the layout quite a bit so they wouldn't get sued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

So all these invitations I'm getting in my career do I have to do anything or will they just show up on the calendar?

From what I remember in the dev builds they show up on your calendar.

• Locked thread