Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Wow. I just looked in my gmail for my receipt for buying in to the beta, and tomorrow it will have been 3 years ago. February 7, 2102. This sim has gone through such an evolution it's shocking. It'll only be a matter of time before I break down and buy it on both PS4 and PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

What's your membership status? I don't think you'll have to pay money for one of the platforms. At the very least you get a nice discount.

It was the cheapest buy in (junior?) at 10 EUR. I haven't looked at the forums in years and have no idea if i'm going to get a deal or not.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

I'm looking forward to another decent racing game, that will help drive the current sims to get better. I'm not looking forward to my framerate, though... Running triple monitors with an i3 and Radeon 7750 will be rough for such a graphics-heavy game. How does it compare to rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa in terms of framerate on decent/high settings?

On my i5 3870k / 660Ti, rfactor2 has always run like garbage. Assetto Corsa runs fine on relatively high, and a couple months ago last I tried pCars it ran decently at medium settings.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Okay so new information came out this morning. There's been a change of plans for people who helped kickstart PCARS. Choice of platform is no longer an option, everyone gets either a Steam discount or the PC version for free. Sucks for me because my PC can't play PCARS very well. I wanted the PS4 version. I guess i'm gonna own two copies. :homebrew:

WMD Forum Post posted:

Members who are unhappy with this solution are of course free to take advantage of a full refund

Well, you might be able to get them to paypal you back your initial investment, that you can just spend on the PS4 version.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

A cursory Google search shows that that's as cheap as it gets for it.

Yeah. I bought mine for 10 bucks more than that and it was used. I still feel I got a great deal.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I think it's because i'm stupid, but I can't find Project CARS for pre-order on American PSN. Can anyone else find it?

no. it might not be available until tomorrow's store refresh.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I added it to my cart with the "pre purchase discount" bringing it to 39.99. Got distracted and came back later to see a new item in my Steam Inventory for %20 off PCars! .. only then a price change happened to the item as it sat in my cart... to 49.99. So : I got to use the coupon to bring it BACK to the original 39.99. welp.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

For you guys who've played it on the PC already, what can I expect with a GTX 970 and i5-4690k?

You should be fine. I push 3 displays with a 660ti / 3570k and it's good at medium/high settings.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Runs great on my laptop at least with whatever the default settings are (a mix of medium and high) .. i7 3870QM / 680mGT. 2 Years ago when I bought this drat laptop it was unplayable at the lowest settings. Guys : Our baby's all grown up.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Has anyone on PS4 (or xbone for that matter) picked up this adapter that allegedly makes lots of wheels (G27, Driving Force GT, etc) work?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

xzzy posted:

Well yeah anything worth anything is going to cost a chunk of change.

It appears a base Fanatec solution would run around $400-500, but it looks like they're out of stock on some of the pedal options anyways.

I've never used the Logitech options, are they actually decent or do they stay popular just because of the price point?

the G27 is the greatest price to performance investment you can make in a wheel. I love mine. The wheel is decent quality, and the most common complaint is the brake pedal, which is enhanced by a 10 dollar spring / shim / whatever.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

So all these invitations I'm getting in my career do I have to do anything or will they just show up on the calendar?

They'll just show up. Once you clear an event your calendar takes you to the next event you're eligible for. So if an invitational is halfway through a regular season of whatever, it'll just be the next event it shows you once it's time, with the option to skip it.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Lumpy posted:

So I started my career at karts, I'm some sort of superstar, life is good, etc. Got an invitation to an event, and I got to it in the calendar. It has me in some non-kart, and I am all excited... except I can't make any turns in this car. Like, what I would consider gental-ish bends, with my racing line all green, I turn the wheel all the way and the car can't make it. Do I just need to slow the hell down? My wheel is calibrated (I'm on ps4) and karts "feel" right, but this new car does not seem to turn much. Any settings suggestions, or is it my drturn find that needs a big adjustment?

if i remember, the first invitational I got in was some sort of Ford Focus or something that understeered SO loving bad that it was really, really tricky to get around the track. Had to use the brakes liberally to kick the rear end end out to even get it to try and turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Basticle posted:

I got all excited and then finally saw that was from a year ago. Is that poo poo ever actually coming out?

I say there's a chance only because if I remember correctly, long ago there was actual nascar-esque stock car racing in the game. I'd not be surprised if there was a "just turn left" expansion pack or whatever.

• Locked thread