Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshCutFries

ron color posted:

Welcome to page 115.

thanks. it's good to be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries

Awesome! posted:

there are no good mmos

yeah, mmos are just excuses to hang out with people while getting periodic "rewards" that are solely based on how much time youve sunk into the game.

FreshCutFries

lmao. what on earth makes him think that technology retains value.

FreshCutFries

i want to understand his stupid world view

FreshCutFries

does anyone care about starcraft in BYOB?

Synastren posted:

Snute just obliterated Rain 2 -0 at IEM.

Snute is up against Classic now.

Rain is the reigning GSL champion.

Classic is the reigning SSL champion.

If he gets out first in his group.......

ed: Snute played like a bug god in game 2 vs Classic holy poo poo.

Synastren posted:

ed: From the TL Thread

FreshCutFries

you're on the internet. all things are either god's gift to man or giant heaps of garbage.

FreshCutFries

third party controllers are almost universally garbage. save up an extra twenty bucks and buy something that'll last you.

FreshCutFries

Awesome! posted:

the exception is 360 controllers because the base ms build quality is so terrible 3rd parties actually have a chance to be better. my wired pelican 360 pad has outlasted every official 360 pad i had by years.

that's weird. mine lasted about three years before the bumper started being randomly unresponsive, and i've heard tons of praise from others saying they bought one at launch and never had any issues.

i'm actually happy mine started acting up because i replaced it with a ds4 which has quickly become my favorite controller ever.

FreshCutFries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_n4aP3HTE

FreshCutFries

https://youtu.be/Fsm_CTrTDP4

this is the most recent video i saw. it looks alright?

i mean, it doesn't look jaw dropping, but it doesn't look awful either

FreshCutFries

i feel like you guys were expecting mn9 to be the next coming of gaming Christ, and now that its obvious its just an average indie game, your disproportionately critical of what is there.

FreshCutFries

yeah, roller coaster tycoon world looks good. free form track placement is going to be amazing, and i feel they can't gently caress up the management aspects anymore than 3 did.

FreshCutFries

it was fixed in the expansions, but in the base game, guests would lose interest in rides ridiculously fast. to the point where building any large roller coaster would be a guaranteed bankruptcy because you could never make back the investment. they would also take ages to notice that a new ride even existed (like a couple in-game weeks) which just made the problem worse.

FreshCutFries

also, i just checked on where world's development was at, and it looks like the original studio got taken off the project. this is never a good sign :(

FreshCutFries

Lizard Wizard posted:

oh gross, so is RCT3 not worth playing? i've also got RCT2 but idunno if i'll be able to get past the old graphics.

nah, that was just initially. i bought the platinum version with the expansions off gog about a year ago, and it fixed those issues as well as adding a lot of cool content. RCT3 is probably the best 3D theme park game right now.

FreshCutFries

i have so much nostalgia for Sim Theme Park. i have no idea if it holds up because last i checked, there are no digital versions of it anywhere.

FreshCutFries

Deus Ex HR had good voice acting, but yeah, bad voice acting detracts more than it adds, and happens in like 90% of games (100% of anime games).

FreshCutFries

Silent Hill 2 is the only game where bad voice acting made it so much better.

FreshCutFries

Qwerinty posted:

Resident Evil 1 (original version)

that was good, but in a so bad its good way. sh2's made it genuinely better by enhancing the lynchian vibe the developers were already going for.

FreshCutFries

Qwerinty posted:

I could never make it very far in SH2 because the camera made everything look like I was watching a soap opera. That kind of camera, you know the kind, the way it moves. I really missed out, I liked reading about the ending and symbolism

give it another shot if you're able. i went into it knowing the story too, but the presentation is so good that it doesn't really ruin anything, and the experience is worth a playthrough.

FreshCutFries

dogcrash truther posted:

does a dog have Buddha nature

mew

FreshCutFries

i wouldn't be surprised if that line was just some goofy improv from Charles Martinet.

FreshCutFries

ds4 is really the best controller, but be prepared to put work into getting it going flawlessly on PC, if you buy one.

FreshCutFries

its better than the 360 pad. learning sf4 on that was just an exercise in frustration.

FreshCutFries

and ill never forget an interview I read with a Microsoft Rep that justified the 360 pad because "fighting gamers want it"

FreshCutFries

i wish i could play dwarf fortress on my laptop.

FreshCutFries

ron can pay respects like a mother fucker

FreshCutFries

quiet's fishnets are a physical representation of her tattered soul

FreshCutFries

Lizard Wizard posted:

like seriously, why can't she just be a person who has the wrong priorities wrt battle gear

i know the fox engine is impressive, but quiet is not a real person. she is made up of pixels.

FreshCutFries

Pro Target posted:

im playing all the mgs mainline games before 5... got 3, 1, and (just now) 2 done ... time to start on 4

V acts like a direct sequel to Peace Walker. you should play that instead. try to not have sex with the 16 year old, though.

FreshCutFries

• an awesome bond theme song
  • a really really long ladder
  • the awesome bong theme song plays on the long ladder

FreshCutFries

Metal Gear Solid 3: Cool Ladder

FreshCutFries

Jerry Cotton posted:

i haven't gotten the light sabre yet but i tried some of the raiden VR missions and lol I suck at judging what i can hit from where with the sword. i hope i can just play through with only the tranq gun because that's what i've been using so far. (i did throw a guy overboard but he was a meanie)

you get to play with the sword for like fifteen minutes total in the actual game.

FreshCutFries

Jerry Cotton posted:

MGS2 jesus lolling christ please tell me MGS3 is going to be less "M. Night Shyamalan presents David Lynch's X-Files" because I don't think I can take another massive-twisted-plot-dump-cum-young-women-pissing themselves-game right after I beat this one (if I ever beat it. i think i'm close to the end now)

there's a reason most people talk about 3 and not 2, but try to push through and beat 2; the arsenal gear segment near the end is really memorable.

FreshCutFries

joke_explainer posted:

doesnt one of the games invalidate itself from the games canon at the end by going 'it was all in virtual reality this whole time'?

i think you're thinking of 2, but that's not accurate. the events of two were staged as a real life simulation of the events of one. it wasn't virtual.

FreshCutFries

Pomp posted:

at 47 hours into V I unlocked clothes for quiet but she doesn't give you maphacks like the dog so she's still gonna go unused

quiet is really bad. if she would actually follow you around instead of waiting until your discovered to show up, she'd be great. the only time i use her is when I'm loving around in the open world and don't care about being found.

FreshCutFries

Lizard Wizard posted:

rollercoaster tycoon: now with corkscrews on loops

all doubts on that game have been obliterated by one gif

FreshCutFries

twin snakes is the matrix reloaded to mgs' matrix

FreshCutFries

to use the nerdiest analogy ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries

Bethesda doesn't design their games for people to analyze, and they're really good for what they are; mindless power fantasies.