Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

food court bailiff posted:

the yu gi oh card game is one of my guilty pleasures because it is really terrible in a fun way and the switch version is a blast for the same reasons it sounds like shandalar was - i pretty much immediately was able to throw together a deck that gets at least one blue eyes white dragon out on the very first turn and just steamroll everything

I honestly love playing the Yugioh phone game because the ai will make most of the right moves for you, much faster than you can because the interface is a little clunky. It's very satisfying, on turn three it can regularly come out with a buffed up 4000 attack plus monster with cards to wreck the defense so that you can wallop the opponent in the face with a shovel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Was this like three and a half months ago

If so hi Jeremy

SeaGoatSupreme

Heather Papps posted:

Kiegh isn't cool enough for SA and my irl name is Agamemnon and it was a year ago so YES HI HOWS AUNT JESSICA???

She still sucks thanks

SeaGoatSupreme
I play it every once in a while. I pretty much only pick up a new weapon and murder the jaggy boy though. It's such a fun and easy fight, really lets me chill and miss shots with the insect glaive

SeaGoatSupreme

pixaal posted:

Stop worrying it just takes play time with the game and weapon. I've been playing them since Tri U on the WiiU. I put probably 150 hours in before I really felt like I wasn't being carried. I'm just about comfortable enough with how the switch axe moves at um I think I'm just about at expansion content, I unlocked High Rank but still haven't seen the quest to go to the icy place. (I haven't looked at the monster list but I hope that snow bunny is back, because that's the first thing I ever fought since it was the demo fight for Tri U).

Once you get into it you can take most monsters out without thinking too much. Just realize it's a 5-7 minute long mission against 1 really big enemy not a horde it's going to take some time. You also want to have the right weapon element to hit their weakness. If you are getting hit make sure you cover their attack type, if you are dodging most stuff maybe throw on 1-2 pieces but you should be good against most things). I'm not good enough with KB+M to go full attack mode but last night I got the first hint of being ready.

I was fighting a Kirin and threw out an SoS because it's more fun with other hunters, 2 people joined who immediately were 1 shot, then one of them came back and were 1 shot again before both sitting at camp saying they weren't going to use the last life so I had to solo the entire fight on multiplayer difficulty. And let me tell you I was successful, feels amazing when you pull of a dodge into an attack then knocks the monster over ends with a hook shot then riding around on their back followed by removing their tail and them spinning out from the sudden shift in weight and a complete beat down.

I really don't think I can repeat too easily I normally get hit way too often but sometimes you just fall into the moveset, I remember really really hating Kirin and spending multiple days trying and failing the fight to unlock the end game. So much easier this time, I apparently committed that moveset to memory.

It's my first Mon hun since freedom unite on the psp, and it scratches that itch perfectly. I don't really have the attention span to only use one weapon, so I bounce between them all (except for the guns, I'm here to chop monsters not shoot them like a c*ward). I'll pick it up a bit more once both the wife and the girlfriend are back in school and I'll have more time to play.

I'll get that fire chicken eventually, on my life

SeaGoatSupreme

Gone Fashing posted:

so many are so good too. i still play some isaac every now and then

I still play binding of Isaac on a PS Vita

It's good as hell

SeaGoatSupreme

mysterious frankie posted:

I have bought Isaac like five times on four different platforms and I regret nothing.

SeaGoatSupreme
I forgot how satisfying a charged sliding hammer bop was

Holy poo poo I'm sephiroth if sephiroth used something better than a long butter knife

SeaGoatSupreme
Update: went looking for an rear end beating at the hands of the fire chicken t-rex thing

Ended up insect glaiving down literally every large monster I've met except a pukei pukei in the ancient forest on a single expedition, including the fire chicken

All I do is spin spin spin no matter what

SeaGoatSupreme
I'm still waiting for a good 3D dig dug myself

SeaGoatSupreme
The old podracing game I could only find at Chuck e cheese took literally every token I had, every time. If there where a cheap way to get that control scheme in my house, I'd never stop playing.

SeaGoatSupreme
I've been playing autochess on my phone before bed recently and it feels like people forgot how to play. The average player used to stomp my head in while tired, but now I've won three games in a row and bitches ain't poo poo

Come stomp people, the getting is good my friends

SeaGoatSupreme
Yeah it's the drodo one. I haven't been following the meta really, there's new units and I like some of them but I still hyper roll for kunkka or tidehunter or werewolves or whatever when the time is right. It seems to be more important to pull a 2 star assassin early on than anything, with one I can get my bank interest game up and just laugh my way to the end.

The units seem to all be balanced in such a way that you only really need to push past lvl 8 if you want to roll hard for legendary dudes.

I tore through a one hundred health game using a kitchen sink set-up, I think I had base goblin and mech buffs and that was it. It seems very friendly to people that know the basics of how money and levels work without needing to know the minutia of "this unit better than this one in this specific circumstance".

E: also the only cash items are just cosmetics, I threw five bucks of Google play survey money at them because I was having a good time but it's not necessary to do anything at all. It's a good set-up honestly. Let's you know exactly who cares too much about the game the second you look at their board.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 3, 2020

SeaGoatSupreme

Yinlock posted:

another way to get perfect IVs is post-game when a pokemon hits 100(this is really easy to do in sword/shield) you can exchange bottlecaps for having an iv boosted to max. there's also mints that can change their natures(they'll still have their original nature but will have the stats of whatever nature mint you used)

it can't be carried down via breeding but it's still a nice way to get more out of your favorite pokemon. sword/shield postgame is generally insanely friendly to competitive players

e: personally i'm a filthy casual so i just take the first decent-iv non-lovely nature pokemon i get and roll with them, though i'll sometimes breed a 4 or 5iv pokemon if i lucked into something ridiculous

Let me tell you about my trials and tribulations while trying to get a 31 sp. atk 31 speed decent natured female salandit.

Two whole boxes filled with 'em. I'm slowly working through mystery trading all but a select few okay ones. I did this all before I even got the 5th? Badge I think. Checking IVs on every full 6 stat female salandit was a chore, but I'm super happy with Maude

This all started because I got a male and female pretty much back to back with the glowy aura. I have no regrets

SeaGoatSupreme
Been playing a lot of Forza horizon 4 lately. I'm really happy that it will scale races to the car you are driving so that no matter what it's a good race and you have fun with it.

I have an integra that is awd and has 600 horsepower

A rally fiesta st with 600 horsepower

And

A McLaren something with a 1:2 power to weight ratio, over 1000 horsepower and weighs a singular ton.

They go where they want and I love them so much. The McLaren is so fast and light than any singular bump means you get air it's great.

Such a good game to relax and have fun with

SeaGoatSupreme
There's also like a top gear story thing that puts you in random cool cars as the stig to do things, and a stunt driver story where you get in crazy fast cars and do big jumps

SeaGoatSupreme

Beartaco posted:

I've been tempted to pick up a racing game lately but I know where that path leads. 100 more hours in burnout paradise.

Xbox gamepass for PC is dirt cheap and it has one of the more chill and cool racing games, Forza horizon 4

Do it do it do it do it

SeaGoatSupreme
What are yalls opinion on playing doom 2016 with a controller? My living room PC is the only one with a decent graphics card right now and I'd like to turn up the shiny without dropping too many frames.

SeaGoatSupreme
Been playing a lot of mon hun world lately

I really like answering lr sos flares and just knocking around bosses in low rank gear to help people

If you see goatsea say hi

SeaGoatSupreme

kalel posted:

been on a pokemon crystal kick recently. I posted about this idea before but I really wish they would release a pokemon game with the art style and design of the Gen 2 or gen 3 games but with all the new Pokemon. Maybe there's a rom hack that accomplishes something like that but I wouldn't know where to look

The game you are looking for is "Pokemon ultra shiny gold sigma". It even includes mega evolutions and Alolan regional variants. A quick Google shows people mostly love it, so have at it my friend.

I've always been partial to crystal clear myself. It's both more and less difficult than a normal Pokemon game, allows you to start in any town, and everything (gyms, wild Pokemon) level up with the number of badges you gain all the way to the full 16. You can also start with objectively the best Pokemon, dunsparce.

SeaGoatSupreme
palworld is real good, my best fox buddy Jeremy "warcrimes" fenton and I have been bringing peace to a tropical paradise for two days now

Im wielding a fox as a flamethrower and its sick

SeaGoatSupreme
and to save my pals, I only enslave the slavers for work in my base

SeaGoatSupreme

Areola Grande posted:

console goon here. is it PC only? :ohdear:

It's on Xbox and PC.

The game pass version is a lil buggier, but it's still great and the game pass versions have cross play. The steam version is better, but the other versions will reach parity in a bit.

Depresso is my spirit animal.

your pals needs are very important, I'd advise setting up an automatic berry plantation and make sure they all have nice beds asap if you do play

SeaGoatSupreme
Growing up, my dad was the one to get me into video games. We'd spend hours just loving around in games together. When I was six he burnt his entire Christmas bonus to buy an n64 for us, and I used my piggy bank to buy a couple games.

When I got old enough to start beating his rear end in shooters, he put games down.

20 something years later he tells me he's bored, so I bought him a used xbone. Together with gamepass he's Tearing poo poo Up but now he's Old and needs help sometimes. It's very sweet. The random calls at 10am on a Saturday warm my stupid little heart.

Anyway games are cool and they can bring people together bye

SeaGoatSupreme
Just hopping in to say that helldivers 2 is really, really quite good. You and 3 dudes get dropped on a planet to gently caress up either bugs or terminators, your weapon choices largely don't matter (just play what's fun!), and you will inevitably get blown up a bunch by your teammates but that is okay, as long as you serve the federation and complete the mission nothing else matters.

You have like 20 respawns between your team, but they have to call it in with a button combo and pray they don't die while they are doing it.

*someone* will scream what the gently caress is that, call in an airstrike on it, and then it will charge you killing you all with the airstrike.

You can get revenge with the respawn pod, it gets dropped from space and you can steer it directly into the large thing that murdered you, or alternatively your buddy

The gameplay loop is wonderful, you are just trying to survive with ya Bois and take those dirty roaches down with you.

A+, it is the most BYOB of shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme

Finger Prince posted:

I can't believe helldivers 2 was only $50 Canadian. It's so good and so fun! I know the server capacity issue is a meme now, but I haven't had any trouble logging on.
I spent most of the day yesterday playing and I love how it's the kind of game you can invest some time in if you want, or if you just want to jump on for an hour or so of wanton violence after work, you can do that too.
I'm sure there's try-hards out there like in any game, but so far everyone is mostly not annoying. I had one rando, who was the only one on voice chat, complaining about how people weren't respawning him quick enough for his liking. I kind of feel like enabling my mic and saying something like "voice chat is a frivolous distraction and an enemy to the spread of democracy! Maintain radio silence, soldier!"

It's the only game I've been playing for like a week, and while it's not a lot of hours (maybe 8?) It is so much fun.

The try hards are really, really weird to me, the game doesn't reward you at all for being in the top percentile or whatever, you get the same reward at the end as the dude that blew himself up on his own mines 5 times in a game. Why don't they just relax and have fun?

Also the breaker shotgun is op, the guard dog is op, and eagle strikes feel so badass

I may just be a nameless cog in the machinery, but I'll spill oil for democracy right up until I die to my own airstrike