Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helluva

pretty excited for the vampire survivors dlc, anyone else playing the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

not recently. I played a bit of that a while ago, and only once since the dlc came out.

been playing Borderlands 3 instead, just finished the story last night. think I might check out all the dlcs for this since I bought the whole package when they ported it to switch.

i only played the first one, might get the the Ultimate thingy if it goes to sale. any multiplayer action there?

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

it definitely is a multiplayer game, I don't though because I like walking away from the game to bother my cat and not justify that to anyone.

something like this came up the other day while playing risk of rain 2. there always should be a "pause because my Cat" mode to every game because cats.

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

:hmmorks:

have you thought about running for office

Cat related technicalities are all over the schedule. How do I pause those and run for the office?

Helluva fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 14, 2023

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

I can take care of your catte while you're on the campaign trail :patriot: :powercatte:

She loves hanging around when I'm gaming!

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

What you got there, lil turtle or something? Sweet setup.

Ah cheers! It's a betta, I keep moss inside or she headbutts the glass all the time :dafuq:

Helluva

Finger Prince posted:

I'm drawing a hard line with myself today. No video games until you've finished your chores, old man! At least I did all my laundry yesterday.

Hard hardline with BG3. The rumors I've heard about that game (haven't played myself yet).

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

I enjoyed the hour or two I got to play at a mate's house, shame our save got corrupted and the next time I went over we just ended up playing to the same point and quitting lmao

ay lmao :pcgaming: for this very reason i play never played any bethesda games, it happens and when it happens it's always drudgery.

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

to be fair I don't think save corruptions are super common in BG3, that same friend has like 12 different characters or something, is very clearly enjoying it and getting his money's worth, and he was surprised enough he tried to load the old file four or five times before I said we should just start a new'n

I prefer MMOs with heavy social aspects like Ultima. I can't stand single roleplaying. Although a modern Baldur's Gate wouldn't kill. I'll check it out from family sharing.

Helluva

deep dish peat moss posted:

play UO Outlands, it captures the glory of the UO golden age really well :allears:

I did play a couple of months with eShep, but back then no one was much on except him. He showed me the ropes and hooked me with the good stuff.

Today is my 800th day on Outlands. I think it's a good game, but the social part cracks me up. The blood feuds, territorial disputes, thieving & conniving.

It gives me so much lol to see small houses with marina access sometimes having five times the price of a castle, and people collecting & selling 'art' in the game. Outlands should be studied.

Anyway, have some of there me.

Helluva

I think it is worth to jump in anytime. Here are some reasons I can think of.

• The game is incredibly well designed, even players with incredible wealth amassed, geared up like Lord British seek new and old to adventure within the dungeons & wilderness because of the healthy Vice population (thieves, murderers and pirates).
  • Most people don't have the money to rock out in castles but an overwhelming portion of the player base will rather just hand out some of the grindy starting items to have you in the dungeons with them faster.
  • You will be not able to afford a house on the mainland, but there is a land expansion coming which will hand out plots by the basis of a lottery. Also you can rent rooms in any city on the cheap, which means unless you want some vanity, you won't be needing an actual house to keep stuff in. (Even though the rented houses are not visible on the land, you can invite people in!)
  • They have amazing QoL's, such as items you can keep items in. There are menus to everything.
  • This guy that goes by the name of "Jaseowns" pretty much automated the most profitable gameplay options: https://outlands.uorazorscripts.com/ On the left hand side you'll see "Auto Dex Tamer, Auto Dexxer" and the such. These scripts 100% automates the fighting and healing process. You just make proper movement and the game plays itself. It is legal. I was 9 when I first bought this game. I am 35 now. I think we deserve some gaming "assist" (for old people). I can't argue for the fact against a young player, for whom I suppose mashing 17 different buttons in varying chronological order should be fun.
  • Owyn had all the reasons to go bad, but instead, he stuck with what people are actually into. There is a healthy cash flow to the game because of the incredibly well-designed cosmetics and there is no reason to funk with the game anymore.
  • If you have a significant other or a domestic partner you want to play with, just take a time-posted photo with your character names and poof! You can dungeon together!

Helluva

rear end-penny posted:

my roommate already owns BG3 on steam but his video card went kaput not long after the pre release of that, and he hasn't jumped through the hoops of getting a new one yet. this morning he bought it and started downloading it on his Xbox, I think we're going to get some split screen action going this afternoon :goshawk:

There is split screen for BG3? :catdrugs:

Helluva

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

don't snooze on a sweet little indie bullethell meets Vampire Survivors-like that is centered around typing letters as they enter your battle space - it's called TYPECAST and it's super cheap and a lot of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdWDi1CjEmo

Anything meets Vampire Survivors is a go for me!

Helluva

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

well then - also enjoy Boneraiser Minions : you're not doing the fighting but raising/necromancing minions to do it for you, while you run around and avoid damage. lots of flexible changes for runs and you can add traps to the map and so on

Played the demo, buying ASAP! Holy moly this is good!

Helluva

Got Titan Quest from the gifting thread and loving it, does anyone here have it & wanna play?

Helluva

Got Fallout:76 from deep Steam discount, man this game rocks!

Helluva

GentleReject posted:

Idk... Todd would've mentioned how many great in-game items he could buy with his Steam discount savings.

You got me :pcgaming:

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

I'm playing Slay The Spire. Loving it. The first 25 runs were just for practice. I get it now.

It's extra entertaining with a gamepad :catte:

Helluva

If you are into Diablo-esque pre-rendered GFX and VS style gameplay check this thing out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2218750/Halls_of_Torment/

Helluva

Balatro is the perfect game to get trashed to. Amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

It rules. The higher stakes are a bit of a pain, but it's lovely to break those runs up by dipping into the challenges. So much game.

I had so much fun with the basics, can't wait for things to roll.