Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

grow home looks pretty dece. its kinda like my life with the climbing and i can relate to the daily struggle of searching for gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

Al Borland posted:

is that actually a game?

It sounds like a parody of gone home where you grow homebrew weed.

al borelant its in the op........

GoodbyeTurtles

Garbage Person posted:

don't shoot me i'm dancin

please don't shoot me

GoodbyeTurtles

I habe a 3ds

GoodbyeTurtles

Garbage Person posted:

i want to hunt monsters with my friends but the servers are down :negative:

im goign to delete the game because of this F U capcome

GoodbyeTurtles

its a lot better than trying to use a PSP to play it, thats for sure

GoodbyeTurtles

im hr 5 now bitchechs

GoodbyeTurtles

BYOB Monica posted:

I might buy monster hunter

if you love grinding then you'll love the game

GoodbyeTurtles

I love the game, its really good
/

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

g rank is no fuckin joke

g rank on MHFU was a good challenge. killed all the g rank monsters & elder dragons solo

fatalis was a pain but everything else was pretty easy

Pro Target posted:

yeah its really 'grindy' to fight dynamic and challenging bosses who arent Instantaneously trivialized the first time you beat them in order to master them and progress

ask me about fighting gold & silver raths in a tiny arena 58 times in order to get one 2% drop

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

mabe if you werent so obsessed with getting 6 activated skills you could just play the game and enjoy it

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it, this latest game is much better balanced and more fun to play, especially in the early game which in the previous games dragged on with many many 'gather 10 popo tongues' quests which were awful.

Atm I have zero matching pieces of armour and have not aimed for any sets, mostly because I'm quickly ranking up making the last level equipment redundant.

I can never be bothered to switch out armour so I just keep a mishmash with reasonably balanced elemental resistances on all the time

GoodbyeTurtles

hmmm yeah i love to play this game genre which is not at all fun or rewarding for the first few hours because it's not like a game needs anything to hook you into playing more other than the fact that other people play it

GoodbyeTurtles

hotline Miami 2 looks cool and the soundtrack is really good

GoodbyeTurtles

gotta kill HR ukanlos at some point but i wanna upgrade my rath firesword first

GoodbyeTurtles

my fav monster pairing on MH4U is Tigrex X Rathalos

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

i like tigrex x zinogre

the struggle between rathalos and zinogre for tigrex's affection.. I have to update the wiki

GoodbyeTurtles

woah...

GoodbyeTurtles

hit g-rank in monhun, probably need to upgrade my armor

GoodbyeTurtles

I tried To install SoC a long time ago but it was buggy as heck, should I just jump onto CoP?

GoodbyeTurtles

i got S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP and they throw you right on in without as much as a hint as to what the hud even means but i already really like it.
The atmosphere is really good and keeps you on edge the whole time.

GoodbyeTurtles

i'm in Pripyat surrounded by dogs send help

GoodbyeTurtles

also that pseudo giant took nearly all of my ammo and grenades to kill

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

run past em

i was set on making it dead, which turned out to be rather costly but i stood in a doorway and hurled bullets at it forever

GoodbyeTurtles

i've been playing for a week or two and i'm still terrified to go out at night and of the green bar filling up without me seeing anything

GoodbyeTurtles

lets talk about a better, cooler game that I care about, namely S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

GoodbyeTurtles

not yet, but I've only been caught out twice (meaning I've been away from the safe hub places), managed to find cover in lovely little holes in the ground or under stairs and chugged a few pills just in case. It's spooky as gently caress but easy enough to avoid

GoodbyeTurtles

Swizzbutt posted:

So I started playing stalker, I'm at a part where the military is attacking a bunch of friendlies in some compound. Pretty fun so far, especially the part where I can understand what the NPCs are saying to each other. Excited to see where this goes.

That said, is it worth hoarding a bunch of guns to go and sell later, since you can't really hold that much?

artifacts

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

id love to play a fully realized stalker without a storyline, just the entire Zone,detailed alife simulation, living world w/ fluctuating anomalies andrandomly generated caches/missions

that would be good

GoodbyeTurtles

was playing CoP just now and ran into my first chimera (that wasn't in the hunting mission), it caught me off guard so i ran into a building (the school in pripyat), ran up two flights of stairs and then jumped out of a window on the other side, but it ran around the building and caught up with me.
i managed to dodge it by ducking behind a lamp post a few times when it pounced at me and after getting hit once and very nearly dying i pumped it full of 20 shotgun rounds and killed it.

fuuuckkk

GoodbyeTurtles

i think they are asking for some wolfXfox fanart...

GoodbyeTurtles

Falco is Fox's rock, but Wolf is there for Fox when he needs something more.. it's all canon

GoodbyeTurtles

Pro Target posted:

theres absolutely insane amounts of jealousy as he bounces back and forth between them and its unhealthy as hell... buyt sexy too

GoodbyeTurtles

Play CoP vanilla, it owns and isn't actually as buggy as people say it is

GoodbyeTurtles

Lizard Wizard posted:

stalker seems like a nice game, but i'm not too crazy about it dropping you in and not taking a moment to teach you how to play

i feel like just dropping you in there with no idea how you do anything in the zone is good, as your character would have no idea what they are doing either. it's immersive

though a few tooltips would be nice, just for explaining the HUD and how useless the first scanner is, but you can look that up if you need to

GoodbyeTurtles

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's bad if you need to look outside of the game for information on how to successfully play the game

I managed to figure it out without looking anything up.

If you wanna spend the first 20 mins of gameplay having your hand held or have a CONCERNED CITIZEN teach you how to look up and down then maybe it's not the game for you?

if you put in the time to figure it out it's a really fun and rewarding game

GoodbyeTurtles

the idea is that you're a befuddled moron thrown into the deep end with very little idea of what is going on and the game is really good at making you feel that way

GoodbyeTurtles

if you dont like stalker, i'm afraid you're going to have to leave

GoodbyeTurtles

I've played about 50 hours of it and only just found out that i can throw bolts, now i'm just throwing them at everyone because i discovered a cool new mechanic by myself

GoodbyeTurtles

I've not actually finished the story of CoP yet, I'm at Pripyat but haven't done the (maybe final??) mission but I got caught up in exploring and finding cool new stuff to get killed by/ sell

I'm gonna have a go at the mission soon though, because I'm pretty sure I've got all the unique weapons I'm gonna need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

SamEyeAm posted:

I just threw down $60 for TSO Tamriel unlimited and am regretting it. it's not so great.

you hosed up