Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It basically looks like the flight sim I dreamed about when I was a kid flying around textureless plains with nondescript polygonal blocks in the 90s that never quite seemed realized until now.

The MFG Crosswinds has definitely caught my eye now that you mention it, looks seriously high quality. I'm using piddly Logitech ones at the moment from my racing setup and they're worn through long use.

Hey barely playing any video games currently (but played Banished again for a while) just stopping by to say that I loving love you av and I am looking at it way too often and way too long so thank you for this fun

Alright didn't want to disturb video game chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

It's literal loving magic, I downloaded it and am playing it nonstop on my third work monitor because I cannot miss it especially not when in stress

Goons Are Gifts

Just wait till you meet Pascal and his ideas

Goons Are Gifts

I'm sad they didn't get invested in the weapons, Team Rocket was a good start, Team Gun would be okay, Team Panzer would have been great.

Goons Are Gifts

Your Console Sucks but the switch is so loving great even I got converted into having one. It's the most innovative, most flexible, most fun console I ever touched (which means like, 3) and it might be possible that I will marry it as soon as this becomes legal and for as long as Nintendo doesn't come up with something even better which will be hard

Goons Are Gifts

Yay switch party!! :woop:

Goons Are Gifts

You could also do a byob video game Discord server or something for stuff like that, in case we are too chill for the sea of madness that is steam groupchats

Although actually I want in there now too

Plus switch chat or rather switchat am I right

Goons Are Gifts

treasure bear posted:

i would join the heck out of a byob games discord

Goons Are Gifts

bee eater posted:

wasn't brownianmotion making one for yob altogether another ongoing yob success?

BM has one yes and I asked him if we could or should use that but it's only three people now and he wasn't online yet so we dwell in the darkness

Goons Are Gifts

bms concerns about his Discord were not displaced, we have a certain history with trying to get a chat started, but I think we should do it and see if it works out since it's for games and the only thing yobbers like more than weed is chilling

What I'm saying is let's do it, but get a funny name first

Goons Are Gifts

ok I'm completely confused now, what do we have to do

Goons Are Gifts

I wonder if back in the days setting up Usenet and IRC and whatnot was easier or if we just lost in quality over the years, given that Discord actually is super easy to use and everything is obvious and yet this is the hardest thing we've ever done ever

Goons Are Gifts

I think I bought a subscription while trying to join gently caress

Goons Are Gifts

Can I cancel that or is that doomed for life now because everything is now blinky and there's a lot of lightnings and nitro whatever that is, I'm scared

Goons Are Gifts

Figured it out, I'm bad with computers but not so bad with invoice things so I figured that it's all good and fine and not to be paid, also the server is working now and good

Also I was thrown into the Discord Discord and this is so loving Meta, it's like metal gear Discord all over again

Goons Are Gifts

I know right??

Goons Are Gifts

videogames, right??

Goons Are Gifts

I thought at first it's a regular name spelled backwards just to find out that odgob odgo is equally amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Hey we cannot judge someone over a biological reaction to oggdo boggdo.

Goons Are Gifts

Imo civ 5 is fine. 6 has some perks but also some drawbacks that don't really make up a good reason for me to switch, also I don't like 6's art style.

I recommend adding civ 4's diplomacy option to 5 via mod though, it gives you the best of all worlds in one great game.

Goons Are Gifts

Hands on the table, I never played any animal crossing even once. I did play and enjoy remotely similar games like Harvest Moon but never that one and I never really bothered to look. With what seems like every single human being on earth playing this right now and being absurdly happy with it, shall I try it??

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Gifts

prepuce repurposed posted:

created by a goon if the rumors are true

As was Undertale and its spiritual successor LISA (also very good)

Goons Are Gifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Goons Are Gifts

I rediscovered my switch and am playing all the things, like bee simulator which is a real game for the switch and very fun because you're a bee and they make a lot of bee puns beecause it's essential

Also the new paper Mario!!

Goons Are Gifts

Super Mario 3D All Stars babyyyyy!!!
Oh my god I have waited so many years to play Sunshine again and now it's on the switch and great and beautiful and I unironically killed my last computer years ago when trying to make that one run on an emulator on PC

Goons Are Gifts

Jolo posted:

I absolutely love the music in Sunshine but never totally clicked with the gameplay. I'm glad you're loving it!

The new all-star not just includes all the games, but also their entire soundtrack for 64, Sunshine and Galaxy :henget:

Goons Are Gifts

Lock posted:

disclaimer: did not play super mario 64 back when I had a 64

question: why does mario control like butts in this game. what am I missing such that so many people love this game but all I can think is ‘mario no why did you do that you are controlling like butts’

also how do i get that star off the eel’s tail without drowning 500 times tia

That's actually a switch thing, although imo they optimized it really well considering how hard this must be.
The N64 controller was very special, because at that time Nintendo realized that for 3D platformers to work you have to have Pixel perfect controls of the character. Before that there only was 2D stuff, which is mostly whatever but still requires accuracy, but in 3D it's vital. The stick being in the lower middle of the controller was very special and led to rather weird coding, which is one reason so far the game was only ever ported to the DS and never again until now, and also why homebrew self made ports made by nerdy players hardly worked.

Here they faced the same problem and the switch emulates poo poo to make it playable. Imo it works very good, but it still is not perfect. The switch was optimized for controls like in Mario Odyssey, where it's the same technique, but making this work for 64 is just impossible due to how the controllers worked, so they came up with an emulating situation. Not great, not terrible, but it's reasonable to assume on the switch you'll never be as good as you might have been on the N64.

Goons Are Gifts

Important announcement: Pikmin 3 is loving amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Playing it right now, still can't stop might never be able to stop

Goons Are Gifts

lmao

Goons Are Gifts

So recently I got back into wow after a very long break and am playing with the EU goon squad, who are all great (this rhymes)
Do we have any yobbers still or again playing it? I'd love to play with you

Goons Are Gifts

holy poo poo

Goons Are Gifts

hello vidya gaymes, I mentioned it in the chat thread and do not have a winner yet, does anyone of you want a 2 months xbox game pass ultimate key? I was given one and I really only play wow currently so I cant make good use of it, so I will sell it to any yobber that is interested, for the low price of one (1) post anywhere on the forums, even ITT or via a pm to me asking for the code, I'll count it all

Goons Are Gifts

Oh the Nintendo key was already claimed, sorry!

Goons Are Gifts

Saoshyant posted:

I have a Super Mario Bros pinball table from Gottlieb I bought from a closing down café in 2008.

(not my picture)

Sadly, it's not been 100% operational in years and I keep hating myself that I haven't yet made enough time to go learn proper electronics and pinball repair to fix this darling :(

Holy goddamn crap this is so amazing, I have been dreaming about owning one of those for yeaaaaaars!
Over here in Europe it is almost an impossible task to find places that even have those machines standing around, let alone finding functional ones that people bother to keep working. It's a magical realm of endless possibilities and expensive repairs :sun:

Goons Are Gifts

We have slot machines everywhere but it took me a good while to find even just one place here in the city that has a number (like, five) pinball machines still functional. I found another one in another city, plus a few solo machines here and there, but honestly I think that might have been around 4 or 5 places with a total of maybe 10 to 12 machines that I have ever been able to play at throughout my entire life. And I used to search for them and play at them almost every day for a couple of years

Goons Are Gifts

Im playing cult of the lamb currently, it's about a lamb having a cult, and of the

Goons Are Gifts

rear end-penny posted:

is that good? the trailer looked p good

It's a bit like Binding of Isaac but less wild and complicated in terms of the actual gameplay, which I prefer a lot as Isaac is way too much for me personally, but in exchange they have an entire crafting and city building part of the game away from fighting and dungeon crawling, where you build a growing camp for your flock of cultists, feed them, manage them, cook food and farm stuff for them, while you also give them orders and they do stuff for you, sometimes you also have to make hard decisions like imprisoning someone who wants to defect and is trying to convince others to not believe your lies or even kill them and turn their infidel flesh into a tasty meal or sacrifice them for your lord or make a big and honorful burial for your trusty cultists who followed you into death and so on

It's fun, it's not serious at all and you serve apparently the literal devil or something, but also you are a lamb and your cultists are cute little animals (that turn into red eyed monsters if they defect from you) that you take care of AND you can name both your cult as well as every single cultist, change their entire appearance etc individually

Mine is the Cult of the Butt I have nothing but trusty following assholes serving me and my powerful lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Oh that's also some dungeon crawler thing, like, you shoot things and crawl through things that look like dungeons and you get power ups only for one run and so on. Either way, this is just like that but with a management branch and cults about butts!