Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DildenAnders posted:

****EDIT****: Drive to autozone was fine, had all the electrical components on I could think of for the ride and had no problems. Guy at autozone couldn't get the tester to work, it kept crackling and then shutting off. At this point I'll just hope nothing else goes wrong until I can get it into a shop.

If you haven't taken it to a shop yet, might be worth checking the negative battery terminal for corrosion. My wife had a similar vintage Mazda 6 that had a batshit electrical problem - turned on the rear defroster and pretty much every light on the dash lit up and the gauge needles looked like they were having a seizure, plus the wipers started running and the engine cut out - that was resolved by cleaning the battery terminals and applying dielectric grease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU