Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

I don't understand how this is even a problem? You spent your Amazon balance instead of real money. Real money is exactly like Amazon money, but better (because it can also be spent at other places). If for some reason you need Amazon money, just use the real money you still have (because you spent your Amazon money instead) to buy yourself a gift card.

True, but it makes sense in my head. Like gift=something special, not the $15 frying pan I was trying to get. Plus there's some emotional stuff because of the person who gave it to me and I would feel crappy if I used their gift on said $15 frying pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I need to go to IKEA again because I forgot to get some items last time I went, but it's far away and I hate driving. I would go on a weekday so there won't be traffic, but it's still like an hour away. Plus I don't have anything to listen to during the ride: the radio sucks, all stations have ads at the same time, and I'm sick of all the music that I have. Someone suggested Pandora or Spotify but I don't feel like putting in the effort to research it.

I want a new coat and shoes but mine are in good condition so I would feel guilty and stupid getting new ones, but I don't like this coat or these shoes anymore.

E: remembered Blue Story and realized I should not buy unneeded items.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:43 on Oct 20, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

Join the 21st century and fill up your phone with podcasts. Rapidly Going Deaf has a great suggestion list.
My Brother, My Brother and Me is a personal favorite.

I don't like listening to people talk :(

I'll probably look more into the music stuff but apparently there are many ads there too unless you pay, ugh.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Of course, as expected, I forgot to buy some stuff at IKEA so I have to go back.

I solved my fwp of nothing to listen to in the car by downloading Pandora, but the free version has ads and the sound quality sucks. Haven't tried Spotify yet because I don't drive that often, so I don't know how well that will work.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
So I went back to IKEA and saw a thing that I wanted because it could replace a thing of furniture I don't like, but I hadn't measured the space at home so I didn't get the thing. Now I got home and measured, and it would fit PERFECTLY. But now I have to go back to IKEA yet again.

Also I got a set of silverwear but then I went to my parents house and realized I already had a set in their basement, but I don't want to return the IKEA one, it's only $7 but now I have two sets of silverware and I feel like a hoarder.

OH and also they don't have a lamp I want (GRÖNÖ) and it'll be out of stock until mid-November so I'll have to go back to IKEA yet yet yet again to get it.

So overall I have at least 2 future ikea trips planned. On the plus side I'll be breaking out the hammer drill to install poo poo into solid concrete/brick walls :unsmigghh:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I can't go to IKEA till Wednesday but I wanna go now, yes in the middle of the night.

I need to actually make a budget because this is getting expensive. But... Shelves... Wïth wëïrd nämës ö

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Nov 1, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

kreyla posted:

Tell me more about this hammer drill. I am renting an old house with tough-as-rock walls and don't want to make a bunch of craters just to hang pictures. Maybe I should use Command hooks. I don't know.

My FWP is that my work is having stupid administrative drama that could easily be resolved but isn't.

It's basically just a super power drill and you would use special drill bits. But yeah I wouldn't drill either if you're renting and especially if you haven't used a hammer drill before. Hmmm I actually should pick up some new bits but that means I have to go to Home Depot and look through their ginormous bit section :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Nov 2, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Creature posted:

The kind of monster who all too often forgets to put toothpaste on after wetting the brush, so has to do it a particular way. :(

Today's FWP: the spot where I put my PS4 has less than optimal wifi signal strength, so Netflix takes slightly longer than normal to bump up the resolution.

Going to be an rear end and one-up you. My old-as-poo poo building has brick and steel and asbestos all over the place so my wifi doesn't reach into my bedroom despite using the best router, so I have to drag an actual LAN cable to my PS4 if I want to use the internet on it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a piece of dust under the screen protector on my case but I don't want to put in the effort to get it out, plus when I put it back together inevitably there will be another one, or even a big rear end cat hair. It's driving me crazy.

E: ah poo poo I just noticed there IS already a cat hair. ARGGH

NEW ONE

I live off of a long road with no stoplights. Every night, starting at 10:30, a bunch of assholes on crotch rockets go racing FAST AND THE FURIOUS style until about 1:00 am. Without fail, 10:30 hits, here comes the VROOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMsssss. This only started in the past 1 year or so. I shockingly haven't heard any ambulances or read about any deaths... yet.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Nov 6, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I really wish I had 10,000 more posts on this website.

May I ask why?

e: I've only made 3,000 posts?? That seems inaccurately low.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Crow Jane posted:

My boyfriend decided not to go through with no-shave November a week in, because his poor little princess face was itchy. I like the way he looks with a beard, and am vaguely disappointed now. I'm growing out my hair for that bastard, the least he could do is sprout a little stubble.

My SO also doesn't like facial hair even though he looks waaaaaay better with it than without it. It is very sad :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm literally falling asleep because I,too, stayed up too lsd too late playing Fallout 4. My eyes are literally closibg.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I cooked too much food and I don't know how I'm going to eat it all before it spoils :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I tried to call Chase about my credit card and it was literally 20 or more ads one after the other until I gave up but I'm sure it went on even more. CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE WON! SWITCH TO T-MOBILE! Etc. Un-loving-believable. I tried to press 0 but some robot came on and said "you tried to use the keypad when you weren't supposed to" and it went back to the ads. Finally I gave up and called the business line and got a normal menu but holy poo poo, what the hell?

If you want some special offers go ahead and call 1-888-247-4080 you'll get a million of them.

E: oh yeah and my avatar randomly changed to this piece of poo poo and I'm really upset. Like did someone buy it for me? Couldn't they have bought red text instead?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Nov 27, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I. loving. Hate. These new chip card readers. I was just at trader joes and pulled the card out in the middle of the transaction and the whole loving machine crashed for like 5 minutes and I was holding up the line because of this loving card poo poo.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

We've had chip and PIN cards here for years and I've never heard of anyone having this problem. The RFID ones we've got now are even better.

Any one I've used here you have to stick the card in ONLY at the end of the transaction, not during, and if you pull it out before its done authorizing the machine gets all angry and you have to wait for it to reload. This TJs one was exceptionally lovely though.

E: scratch that the Target ones are fine but I have a Red card so maybe that's why. Every other store, though.

Also there's the issue where some stores take the chip and some don't, but they all have the machines with the chip reader so there's always a ton of confusion, for example you stick the card in and the cashier says "chip doesn't work here" or you swipe the card and actually you have to use the chip. Argh new technology.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Nov 28, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

Why would you try to swipe your card before the end of the transaction? :confused:

Because you can? The machine literally says "swipe card at any time"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

YeahTubaMike posted:

A related-ish first world problem I have:

It takes me such a short time to poop that I can't justify taking my phone in the bathroom with me. Obviously I don't mind having a good working digestive system, but I feel like I'm missing out on an experience.

Just pretend like you're doing it and sit on the phone anyways.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bill Dungsroman posted:

At the TJ's by my place the clerks pretty much beg you to let them put your card in the read for you, and take it out. I guess that's why!

Few days ago when I went to TJs, I didn't even get to insert the card yet and the thing crashed anyways after the guy hit "total" or whatever on the POS :psyduck: their card readers look different from any other stores so I guess they just have really lovely ones.

Another problem: I got really nice new pillowcases but they're so soft and comfy I don't want to get out of bed.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The cat used the litterbox and it smells but I'm wrapped up in a comfy blanket and don't want to get up. But it smells bad. And I also need to go to Target but again, I'm comfy, and it's cold outside and I don't want to leave the house :(

I don't really have any excuse to keep laying here either, because I've read all my bookmarked threads. Good bye, warm, comfortable bed :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

liquorlanche posted:

:corsair: Those daggum hipsters over at the Apple store tricked me into getting a 5s! My 4s's battery died and I couldn't get it to come back on with the "new" fangled cable. (The one that doesn't hook in and unhook when you press the sides in. It just clips in and out.)

They said it was completely dead (probably because all the cables at the Apple store are the newer cables, with no clips) and I need a new phone. Paid upfront for the 5s because gently caress contracts + first world problem, since I have a job and the money to get a new one.

When I got home, I realized "Oh poo poo, this has happened in the past and I vaguely remember bringing the phone back to life, with the old (clip in/clip out) cable, even when the non-clip cable fails to power it on.

Today, I got to work, plugged the 4s into the old cable, with the clips and now it's back on.

I could return the 5s and probably hold out till next fall/save myself a few bucks, when the 7 comes out and get the 5s for less money, then but.... I don't want to. I already went through the hassle of updating the OS, restoring it from the backup point, adding all my email accounts back, re-connecting all my accounts to the apps and all that time consuming poo poo. "New" phone is 4x as fast and the processor really makes a difference. The display is a lot better, etc. etc. and the 4s feels like it has the density of a dying star.

Just the fact that I put myself through roughly 4-5 hours worth of effort what with buying the phone, case, screen protector and then restoring/re-configuring it translates to an hourly wage of what I'd have possibly saved, had I waited until the 7 came out and the older models dropped, in price.

Whatever, now I have a device dedicated to pooping.

Why did you get a 5S? Do you mean 6S?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm cleaning out my house and throwing away old junk, and there's some stuff I don't want but is probably worth something, and also cost a decent amount to begin with, so I don't want to just throw them out, but I also don't feel like going through the effort of selling them online.

I went to some extended family Christmas dinner because it's free food but I don't know anyone and am awkward because I'm a goony goon, so I'm sitting here on SA.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I just found out that Chocotacos are still being made but it's too cold to eat them.

It's never too cold to eat ice cream. I just had a Klondike Krunch, it was tasty. But then I felt guilty because it's over 300 calories :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My tooth hurts and it feels like there's a big hole in it but I'm afraid to call the dentist because what if I find out I need a root canal, and I have PTSD or some poo poo from a seriously traumatic root canal gone wrong when I was a kid, so I haven't done anything about it, but obviously it's just going to get worse... :(

My cat is sleeping and snoring on me and I want to get up, but I don't want to wake her because she's happy, so I've been reading the forums for like 2 hours.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Poldarn posted:

Cats. You love them, feed them, give them a place to stay, play with them, brush them, and snuggle them. They pay you back by peeing in your dryer.

Before I realized what the problem was my one cat would pee/poo poo everywhere but her favorite places were clean laundry and the stove. The stove was an electric one with exposed coils, so there was an exhaust pipe from the oven going up through one of the burners. I spent hours cleaning it and thought I got it all, so I went to make a pie, but upon the oven heating up the whole house got this horrific smell of cooking ammonia and cat poo poo so noxious I had to open every single window all the way and it still took hours to go away. I literally thought I was going to die.

I had to get a whole new stove, with a ceramic top. poo poo is expensive and hard to maintain, and if it scratches, there's no way to fix it. AND I didn't realize it at the time of purchase but this particular model doesn't have a timer that shuts the oven off so I ended up cooking a pizza for like 3 hours. It was black. But why the gently caress doesn't a supposedly fancy, expensive oven have this as a basic feature?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Another problem: I really can't deal with my neighbors anymore. For 6 years I had no one occupying the apartment next to me. This apartment's kitchen shares a wall with my bedroom. Last year, some people moved in and every night between 7-11pm they cook something so amazingly delicious smelling that I drool all night. They must be professional chefs. Sometimes it's Indian food, sometimes it's chicken soup, frequently it's Hispanic food, and last night it was tortillas. It's so strong. I tried opening the window but it just made it worse, maybe because their window was open too. Then they reheat it in the morning. I am so hungry constantly even though I'm not actually hungry. The week of Christmas was so awesome because they were on vacation and I didn't have to smell it.

This is the weirdest neighbor problem I think.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My graphics card is only 1GB so my games run shittily. I really shouldn't complain because for being a 3.5 year old mac laptop, the games do run fine on my windows partition, and I even connected my PS4 controller to work with them. But... I want to be able to put the settings on something more than "minimum".

And not that I would do it anyways, but it would be stupid to build a gaming PC because I need the Apple OS for programs and poo poo, and you can't customize a mac so you're stuck with whatever garbage they decide is good, and I wouldn't want to try a hackintosh if that's even possible anymore.

I want pretty, shiny graphics :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got sick of the constant UPGRADE pop ups so I got windows 10 and now nothing works. Now I have to spend 1000 hours figuring out what's wrong. Ughghhhhhh

Oh and it's a Mac so there's no Ethernet without a thunderbolt adapter but I don't think that can even work on the windows side so I'm stuck downloading everything over wifi, which is super slow.

UPDATE I had to revert back to windows 7 because it was so broken. Why does windows suck so much.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Jan 14, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Overminty posted:

You can disable the uprgrade prompts by unistalling the windows update that put it there in the first place. You can then tell windows to "hide" it when it tries to reinstall it later.

http://microsoft-news.com/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-notification-on-windows-7-and-windows-8/

Awesome, thanks.

There's still the problem that someday--hopefully not soon--that Microsoft will stop support for Windows 7 and then I'll be forced to upgrade. And/or I'll have to pay for it.

Upgrading to Maverics on mac was a little sucky and some minor stuff broke, but not massively like win 10, and I have way more programs and garbage on the Mac side than I do on the Windows side. And it's not User Error because I repaired computers for a while hence know what I'm doing. Windows has always sucked rear end. Oh and gently caress that "cortana" thing, it doesn't even properly replace the search, and the top results were always some ad from loving YAHOO! of all places. Why the gently caress is Yahoo! Integrated with win 10???

E: and I love win 10 setup where it tries to trick you into allowing them to send data to advertisers by writing out a long essay to explain some bs expecting that most people will be annoyed and lazy and hit "skip/next/express settings" and making the "customize" link tiny, but hitting express just says "yes" to "allow advertisers and Microsoft to collect my data."

Oh and there's no real equivalent to Little Snitch on Windows. I got a similar program but it's nowhere near as good. Windows :argh:

I swear I'm not some hipster apple loving loser, I would prefer to use Windows but it just sucks so much rear end in so many ways.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Jan 15, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I turned off autosave and forgot so my game didn't save after a really hard mission, so now I have to redo it. gently caress.

I should be doing work but I'm watching trash tv and playing games. I feel kind of bad but I need to know how this dude will react to his crush being "a transsexual stripper."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been complaining about my neighbors making tasty smelling food. Due to jealousy, I've started cooking more stuff from scratch (usually I just eat salads and a TV dinner for lunch but now I'm making legit food), but it is coming out really tasty because it's very Russian-style (lots of butter) so I'm eating a lot, and now I'm going to get fat.

Oh also I have trouble measuring how much food to make because I learned from my grandmother, and we cooked for 10 people at a time, so I always buy and make too much food. I made a dish today but there's a ton left, and I was planning on making cabbage and sausages but there's too much of what I made today so it's unreasonable to make more food. I'm worried the sausages will go bad before I get a chance to make them.

E2: I really want those cabbage and sausages but I'm super full. :( :btroll: :ussr:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Jan 20, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Learning to downsize portions from family-sized to one or two people is the worst. Whenever I make too much of a dish I freeze some of it for later, pre-cooked frozen food can last for a while.

My very similar first world problem is that I bought a bunch of snacks last time I was at the grocery store and so now I am eating the snacks and I should not be.

Ooh for some reason I didn't think freezing home made food would work. I'll do it... Once I clean out my freezer, which is full to the brim with Trader Joes TV dinners :cry:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I dimmed the monitor on my computer and my cat somehow turned on a cheat code in the game I had on. I have no clue how to use or even turn on cheats in this game. Cat :catstare:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have an idea for a project I want to start, and I've even thought about the 3d model I want to do, AND I've found a base model that I can use as a starting point, but who would have thought 3d modeling was some hard poo poo to do?

I just want to make something neat dammit :negative:

Ugh yes. And the videos online, even the paid ones, are hard to follow and there's no one to ask stupid questions to like if you had a teacher. I dunno how all the people I the 3D thread learned on their own.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I ate some bananas this morning and got a mild allergic reaction so now my throat is slightly swollen and it's not life threatening or anything, but it is uncomfortable.

Before anyone asks I'm allergic to the pesticides and they apparently seeped into the banana. This doesn't always happen, in fact is pretty rare with bananas so I'm also slightly irritated that it happened this time.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Windows won't start for no loving reason. I didn't install any new software the last time I used it, as far as I remember. Gay I hate windows so much but I need it to play games.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

AlphaKretin posted:

E: Yeah OK I had some dumb sounding content here but really I just wanted to quote you typoing "gay" :downs:.

I'm assuming you meant "gah" there

Yeah I meant "ggh" and I corrected the autocorrect twice and it still did it?? Fuckin ipad

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Now my other neighbor is blasting popular country music again. I know it's cliched but this poo poo all sounds the same.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

death .cab for qt posted:

I bought the digital copy of FO4 and despite being 30 gigs, it downloaded in an hour. I booted it up ready to look for my dead gay son and it turns out it only downloaded the SPECIAL videos that play while it downloads 26 more gigs of game. Because it downloads via FO4 and not the PS downloader, i cant play any other games while waiting because FO4 has to run to download the game. :mad:

Are you sure about that? It should be downloading in the background whether the game is on or not, you can see the actual progress if you go to system storage management/applications and get info on FO4.

E: it wouldn't make sense to have it only download through the game because then everyone who preordered would be downloading at the same time, but it was already downloaded when midnight hit so I didn't have to wait at all to play. I didn't get to see the SPECIAL videos because of that :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I wish for all Comcast buildings and infrastructure and business get destroyed in some giant explosion so that Comcast completely goes out of business and dies forever. Holy crap are they the worst thing EVER. EVER.