Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

After 13 stoic and reliable years, surviving in a climate where the air temperature reaches -40 (f or c, they're the same) yearly, I've had to replace the battery in my vehicle. I wanted to give it a proper Viking burial, but my dad took it in for a $10 credit.

Rip in peace you unstoppable lead beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I bought a small sandwich thinking I wasn't that hungry. But now its gone and I really wish I had bought the large one.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Agreed. There's been a shitload of 4x games to come out recently, but they are all bad. Every one of them. Stardrive 2, Master of Orion, Galactic civilization, civ 6, endless space; none of them scratch that itch I've been wanting from a game like that.

If you like Caesar 3, you should check out Lethis - Path of Progress, very Caesar 3 feeling but rather short.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

My girlfriend gets a four day vacation because she has a regular job.
I have to work through the holidays for a measly +135% :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wait, +135%, so a total of 235% of your regular currency per hour?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The Snoo posted:

:argh: I have ~$30 in google play credit, mostly from doing surveys, that starts expiring at the end of this month. I'm trying to find things to spend it on but I don't really care about games or a lot of apps. for some reason all the swiftkey keyboard skins are free now, and I wanted to spend some of the credit on an album that I didn't have but they had a 50% deal so I only used $3.

this is super pathetic lmao

One of my friends got super obsessed with doing those surveys to earn google play credit, and kept telling me to do it too. I have like negative interest in it, since I've owned an android phone for about 6 years and have probably spent a total of $4 on the market.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got a copy of the Ernest Cline novel Ready Player One for Christmas

:sever:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

This is the 6th straight day of social plans I'm "stuck" going to, with at least one more to go. I just want to take my pants off and play videogames.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My friend gave me a very deep massage last night, and since I apparently don't feel pain like a normal person, she probably overdid it. So now I have a dull ache in my hands and arms that's slightly annoying.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jan 1, 2017

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I managed to pull my calve muscles on both legs in my sleep last night. Walking hurts. Sitting or laying hurts.

Monday_ posted:

I ordered something from eBay with free shipping but it's coming from China and expected delivery date is February 15th.

Same. Didn't notice the ship time until I placed the order.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

While trying to even it out, I ended up trimming my beard to be far too short.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

A friend bought me Rimworld and it's so fun that I want to take a day off of work.

Enjoy putting like 90 hours into it over the next three days.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Tumblr is actually cool and good, if you follow blogs of people over the age of 23.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Maybe the caffeine? It's probably bullshit though like how people say they get sick from MSG.

Caffeine does raise your blood pressure so I could see a caffeine-induced headache being a real thing, unlike aspartame and MSG headaches.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

You don't? It's the only thing that gets me up in the morning these days!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

As with literally any electronic purchase, wait a year. Even if they don't get cheaper, they'll at least possibly have some of their technical glitches worked out. You'll also be able to talk to people who have had one for some time, and can give better reviews than anything currently available (and see if enough good games have come out)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I really want to play Warframe all night to unlock the new content, but my friend wants to play Overwatch with me all night to unlock the new content.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I'm annoyed that my phone's speaker is on the bottom. So if I'm being lazy and resting it on my chest, I'm muffling the sound.

Truly, my life is agony.

I'm annoyed that in they year 2017 they still put the "main" speaker on phones facing outwards, so you cant have it face you and look at the screen.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Everyone who makes a pot of coffee at work makes it so god drat weak it may as well be water.

Clearly you haven't worked with a French-Canadian.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

I want to see two movies tomorrow and I can't decide which dumb thing I want watch first.

I had to preorder my switch through Best Buy which A) meant giving them money and B) they'll probably gently caress it up and I'll have to wait even longer to get it :smith:

See John Wick 2, and then go see John Wick 2 a second time.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah. Legally there is nothing they could do but there is a real lovely culture of reporting anyway. Then run people raw and don't seem to understand germ theory.

If I called out, my supervisors and managers would give me a rash of poo poo and who knows how much extra work might "happen" to come my way.

Edit: It comes from most of my superiors being ex military and think saying, "buck up, bitch" can cure cancer.

I've had a couple bosses who were like that; where unless you literally vomited blood upon them, they didn't believe you were sick.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Reliable paycheck is much better, as it's easier to budget around (though I totally get wanting the occasional big one).

I'm hungry, but I'm also really comfortable in bed right now.

Also my body did that stupid thing it does every now and then where it decides it only needed about 4 hours of sleep to be fully rested. I feel fine now, but I know it'll kick my rear end in about 12 hours.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Are you a hobo? And was the "gym" you fleeing from the grocery store with your stolen goods?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Another trick for a lot of websites that have paywalls; if it's just an element that covers the screen and blocks your view (and doesn't actually force you off the page), a lot of the time you can set up custom adblock scripts and just remove the element that's blocking your view. Just right-click on it and attempt to block it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Who knew this would be the future we live in; one where we need to jailbreak our books.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

(or the shower, which is pretty neat)

Get a couple beers, play some trance music, and lose 5 hours of your life in the shower.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I have over 10 extra Logitech m510 mice just in case they discontinue them. They go on sale several times a year on Amazon so I always pick up a few extra.

I'll suck your dick for one of them.

My 510 just died this week, and am using a lovely laptop mouse as a replacement until I can get a better one. Not having side buttons is the worst.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I have ants in the kitchen. I'm on the third floor of my building.

How the gently caress did we get ants?

My friend just got mice on the 17th floor.

Like you wouldn't climb a mountain to get some primo snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My Tumblr account decided to delete itself after I was inactive for about a week, and support says they can't recover it.

4 years of neat poo poo favourited gone forever.