Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
At work I'm moving to a new project, which means a new development environment which means installing software and setting system variables. I don't have admin level access on my machine (which is its own :can:) so I submitted a ticket for access around half an hour before I was planning to leave work, expecting it to be fulfilled this morning and have a whole day of admin access to install and tinker. Nope, they authorized it ten minutes after I left and set it to expire 8 hours later (1 in the morning).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I bought Chunky Monkey Ice Cream but I didn't realize the ice cream itself was banana flavored. It's not bad, but I was expecting vanilla ice cream...

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Anime Boston is coming next month and I am dreading my daily commute suddenly filling up with smelly weeaboos.

As one storm ends, another begins...

:rip: Orange Line

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can vouch for Awful app, it's not bad at all.

First world problem: the person relieving me at the end of my shift has been over an hour late every loving day for two weeks now. I'm about to have words with the supervisor.

You should have words anyway, because short of "I or my child have cancer" that's unacceptable. Doubly so if you don't get to claim that extra hour for overtime.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
New people moved onto the floor this week and their dog barks loud enough to echo down the hallway.

If I ever wake up because of it's barking I am going to be very unhappy.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
One of the guys on the podcast I've been working with probably hosed up recording his audio locally, which means we'll likely have to scrap this weeks episode :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Thin Privilege posted:

My work has free soda and I've become addicted to sugar. I try not to drink so much by using these tiny paper cups we have but I just end up filling them like 3 times. I can't drink the Diet Coke because it's disgusting, and we don't have unsweetened tea. So many calories :(

See if you can talk to the office manager and get them to stock a flavored seltzer.