Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My hair is in the awkward phase between fashionably short and fashionably slightly long, so it has odd tufts that I have to wet down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have to go in for an MRI on Friday but separate to that I have a stinging sensation in my stomach and now I'm irrationally paranoid that I accidentally swallowed a loose staple on my desk and it'll be torn out of me in the MRI. I wish I was joking

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well first off, how do you "accidentally" swallow a staple?

Secondly, I'm sure you'll be fine. A staple is so tiny that I can't see it doing any damage. The amount of force something exhibits in a magnetic field is a product of both the field strength, and the mass of the metal.

Also, if it's on Friday, unless you have the worlds slowest bowels, it'll almost certainly be out of you.

Yes a few people now have assured me it'd be gone by then if I had eaten it, and that if I had eaten one I wouldn't feel it like this. I doubt I ate one, I just had an open nature valley bars and saw some staples beside the wrapper later. Like I said I just get irrationally paranoid

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A load of drunk people just boarded my train. They are trying to sing uptown funk but keep getting stuck after one line and starting again

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The WiFi is down

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got a new PS4 and Destiny. The WiFi was down and apparently means I can't play Destiny even if I don't want to do the online multiplayer. Then today the WiFi came back but Destiny says it has to download a 7GB patch but that I can skip it if I don't want to play online. However when I launch the game it refuses to let me play till I get the patch. I am extremely cross right now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vic Boss posted:

drat my condolences.

Haha I'm aware it didn't live up to the hype but I never pay any attention to the media around games. I'd played a bit at a pal's house and liked it and it was down from 70e to 30e.

Today's FWP is that I think my first night back training after snapping a ligament has inflamed the ligament.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We have a 24/7 McDonalds and our Tesco used to be 24/7 but is now merely open 6am-12am :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My supervisor wants work done by tomorrow that will be very difficult to get done by then

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't get to watch the UFC live last night so I can't go on Facebook till I get to see it later or I'll be spoiled about results.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I overslept this morning and didn't get into the office till almost 1pm. I just missed everyone else leaving for lunch and they went to my favourite restaurant. I ended up reading my book with a cup of coffee in one of the indoor gardens but it wasn't as quite as good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I need to take off my thick, warm winter coat to get ready for bed, but the momentary cold that I'd be exposed to by taking it off and putting on my pajamas is something I really don't want to deal with.

Get changed under the covers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I drank for the first time in months last night and I'm paying for it today

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NTT posted:

I ran out of screen protectors before I could get one to lay on my screen bubble free and I don't want to buy more :(

It is impossible, they are just trying to make you buy more.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We had to do the beep test before training last night and I pushed myself very hard to score reasonably well in it as well as in training after. My body is very sore today

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I left the toaster on the potato waffle setting and burnt my bread very badly

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm finishing a CS major very soon and need to figure out what to do next. I probably have a gently caress load of options because my math skills are good and I wrote a paper on AI but...I haven't heard back from anybody, haven't gotten any job offers yet, and need to get the GRE out of the way. The uncertainty is what bothers me because I just want to know if I'll need to move to Pittsburgh or not.

This bothers me only because I really don't like Pittsburgh but might end up there anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is the most first world problem I've ever had.

A pal of mine had a lot of luck working for betting companies and banks who are desperate for CS and Maths grads which are like gold dust.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I left my copy of The New Yorker in relaxation area in work for other people to read when I was working but someone seems to have taken it back to their office instead.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

I'm marathoning RuPaul's Drag Race on Prime, and none of the contestants on the season I'm currently watching are as cool/fun as on the previous one.

I had this problem with the UK Apprentice this year. They were real shits last year.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have a lot of work to do for a meeting in the morning and it is already quite late but I'd much rather blow it off have a poo poo meeting and watch A Bronx Tale on Netflix instead.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is anyone around you still smoking? I tried to quit a few times and it never really stuck until the people I always went out for a smoke with either changed department or also quit. The only other thing is no longer how long you are off them "I can handle just one" is never true.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Quorn started making hotdogs shorter than buns by an inch or more. Now for every two hotdogs I have to put three on and cut one in half to fill a bun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Our main room is so big with so many large windows and skylights there's a really bad glare on the tv if it's sunny

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I finally got a graphics card and it was an absolute mare to install. I had to put in and out a few times as the screen stayed black when it was in and I had to install drivers before rather than after like the instructions suggested. However it refuses to work with my monitor and will only display on my TV so everything looks pixelated and disgusting. I'm hoping it's only the VGA/DVI adaptor that came with it and not the DVI port as I know the monitor and VGA cable are fine. I should be able to get a pure DVI cable and VGA/DVI adaptor in work tomorrow so hopefully one of them will work. I just want to sneer at howeasily it runs Alan Wake 4 years after I bought it and it mocked me with its minimum requirements.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

80mb/s download speed in work but Microsoft servers throttle server downloads to 100kb/s

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sweet As Sin posted:

Imagine this but all over the country

I got Tumblr triggered and touched the poop because some acquaintances were being incredibly homophobic on social media and I couldn't hold it anymore so I came out of the closet on that circle while trying to educate them on some topics. But no, apparently I wasn't subhuman until I admitted to also liking ladies.

You collapsed the quantum gayform

e: I might change this joke later, there's a lot to work with here wrt to quantum gay observation

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'd been avoiding emails for a while because I'd work to show my supervisor that I hadn't finished yet. Checked my email last week and was happy to see no emails checking in on me. Found out tonight our expensive new email system had decided his gmail account was spam and he had in fact been checking in :saddowns:

e: I still haven't done the work obviously

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The notifications on Netflix don't disappear if you click on the red notification icon or even if you click on the notification itself

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Helios Grime posted:

I try to be better with recycling and being less wasteful. I have a glass bottle at work to fill my water in and even bought reusable baggies for fruits instead using the free plastic ones in the shop. We sort our paper and carton at home.

But my issue is how anal my girlfriend is with what she puts into the carton box. Even the really, really small cartons of let's say toothpaste and the empty rolls of toiletpaper. We need to bundle it up and bind it with string so everytime it's loving mission impossible to somehow make these small pieces not just fall out again every time. But I can't actually be mad as they still make a big part of the waste we have.

You need to basically do layers man where you squish the small ones between larger ones.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The train times on the site are just not the actual train times and the times listed on the wall schedule match neither so I'm sitting here like a loving lemon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I drank for the second time this year last night and forgot all about The Fear that comes the next day.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In our building there is a side door and the front door, taking the side door gets you to your car 30-45 seconds sooner but it's alarmed at 6pm. Every night some oval office leaves at a quarter past six and fills the building with an incredibly loud alarm that doesn't get shut off for at least an hour because security are lazy cunts. You might think "surely not!" but they are cunts. I can see them right now out the window smoking. The alarm has been going off for an hour and forty five minutes and I told them about it an hour and thirty minutes ago.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's co-written and directed by Bong but it's not really a Korean production.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I ordered some DVDs from Amazon on the 26th and they're still shown as "Preparing for Shipment"

I forgot to delete my old card on Amazon and every order I place defaults to it so today instead of my book arriving I just got a message saying "please fix payment options" :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The barista overfilled my coffee so little rivulets of coffee kept leaking out from under the lid as i was walking back to the lab. Just before I got there the cardboard sleeve pulled a part because one rivulets had soaked it through even though I'd been dabbing all the ones I saw with a tissue.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I always hit yes and it's like "well better never show it again then :downs:"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's a new guy in work and he's very friendly. I loving hate him and have no idea why but so do three of the other guys I asked. They all have valid reasons though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm about to fail a loan repayment because I never signed up for amazon prime and it just debited my account. This happened last month and I cancelled it but I guess it decided despite being the same account that I still had Prime on their US site and debited me again. What the actual gently caress.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Played racquetball for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun but man am I achey today.