Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
The third season of House of Cards is finally released on Netflix, but I have to do my extremely easy and cushy side job of test-watching and reporting on issues for a DVD boxed set of a pretty cool Roger Moore show first. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Inzombiac posted:

Tell me how to get this job, please and thank you.

Nepotism. It's not really a job, I only get to do it like once every 3 months or so when their in-house folks are overloaded with projects (my husband is one of those people).

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I broke the lid of my toilet tank (tank itself is fine) while cleaning the bathroom, and it's going to take 7-10 days for the replacement to arrive.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Anime Boston is coming next month and I am dreading my daily commute suddenly filling up with smelly weeaboos.

I used to work on a national touring theater show and one week our show was booked in the same hotel as Anime Boston. Holy poo poo it was the worst week ever. I'm not going to even disparage the lovely costumes or even the body odor. It was the noise and the incredibly strange, inappropriate behavior that all of these kids were engaging in. Saw two of them dry humping in the elevator and calling each other Goku or some poo poo; a few of them were running down the hallway of my floor shouting some Japanese and having a plastic sword fight; a table full of them at the sandwich shop across the street asking if they can get rice or sushi (it was a loving sandwich shop, Jesus Christ); and the worst was just a loving gaggle of them "fighting" each other in the lobby while a circle of unwashed creepers forms around them. Ugh. :smithicide:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I want to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, but my husband is playing Bloodbourne and we only have 1 PS4. :(

Edit: I also think I made the wrong decision for which character to romance in Dragon Age.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I’m in Louisiana for work, and everyone here HAS to talk to you. Waiting for the elevator next a random person? A comment about the weather. Grabbing a drink at the vending machine? A comment about soda. It’s all friendly small talk, but I hate other people. Sometimes I just want to get a coffee and not have 5 people talk at me. :sigh:

It’s me, I’m the misanthrope.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Also I have to pack and that's never fun.

Agreed. I work as a touring roadie and I thought I had more time off between tours, but I landed another job that starts in 4 weeks and lasts for 10 months. Having to pack for warm weather, cold weather, and everything in between sucks.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

More of a First World Indecision than a problem.

Of late I've got a few more keys, and my keychain is getting a bit messy. I kind of want to switch from the lanyard I've used for so long to something else.

The indecision comes from being rather irrationally afraid of losing my keys. As long as they are on my neck, it's ever-so-slightly more difficult to lose them. Even if I do put them in my pocket for whatever reason, the added bulk is both reassuring and annoying.

My husband puts his keys on a large carabiner and hooks them onto his belt loop. You can keep track of them, feel them on your hip, and manage having a lot of keys.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I’m trying to register for my local grocery store’s app in order to get coupons, but it’s not recognizing my last name and bonus club member number (from the back of their bonus club card).

I just want coupons for cereal and yogurt :sigh:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Cowslips Warren posted:

So my tat artist put this SecondSkin stuff on my tattoos, and now the colorful little pokemon are all black from what I hope is leaking ink, but I don't want the poo poo to stain the actual tat, and of course I can't get a hold of the dude.

Second Skin is pretty good. I’ve had good luck with it on my tattoos. The black stuff is just leaking ink, it won’t harm the tattoos.

Just leave that on for a few days and when it starts to peel, remove it. It’s easiest to do it in the shower.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

My husband and I finally got dental insurance and I've been trying to schedule a dentist appointment with an oral surgeon for him, so he can finally get his wisdom teeth removed. Our regular dentist, that happily takes our insurance, gave us three places for oral surgery as referrals.

The first doesn't take our insurance.

The second is closed down, since the doctor retired.

The third is a pediatric-only dentistry.

So I go to the insurance provider's website and search for oral surgeons in our area that accept our insurance and find a measly five options. The first two are actually just regular dental offices and do not do wisdom teeth removal; the third doesn't have appointments available until 2019; the fourth and fifth don't actually take the insurance anymore!

And on top of it, a few of the receptionists on the phone were super rude saying poo poo like "No we don't take that insurance anymore" and hanging up on me. What the gently caress?

:bang:

Edit: Also gently caress meniscus tears, my knee is loving killing me and no one believes it can hurt that badly since I can still walk around. :bang: :bang:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Trying to explain to my husband that yes, he’s making more with his new job, which means more money will be taken out in taxes. And no, there is no way to (legally) change his W4 filing status to get more money.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Sentient Data posted:

You can change your withholdings at any time, and the irs encourages you to do it to get as close to a $0 tax bill/refund as possible

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

You can't lie on your taxes to change what you owe annually, but you sure can change how much is automatically held. Hint: a big annual refund means you're doing it wrong

Yeah, we’ve done that. He’s basically pissed off that he had to pay social security and other income taxes. Before getting this job he did a lot of gig work (he’s an audio engineer), so a lot of cash under the table. He’s just not used to having income taxes taken out of a check. And he thinks he can claim like additional dependents or something to reduce the amount deducted.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

My Blue Apron meal delivery this week didn’t include the recipe instruction cards. I can look up the instructions on the website, but :effort:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I went to college with Winston Duke and worked on plays with him, and we were casual friends. Now it’s too weird for me to see “Us” or “Black Panther.” :sigh:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

The drawstring on my favorite part of pajama pants is pulled out of one of the holes, and I can't get it back in. So I've got a pair of comfy sleeping pants that I can't cinch tight, and the drawstring hangs down between my legs.

The jokes write themselves for like half of this FWP, but dammit I don't want to have to go to the store to buy new pajama pants.

Pin a safety pin to the end and you can re-insert it.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Bees on Wheat posted:

I just noticed a small rip in the side of the Dr Martens boots I bought two years ago and wear several times a week for 8+ hours at a time :qq:

I've definitely gotten some good use out of them, and I've only had to replace the laces once, but still. These are my favorite shoes and I can't find this style/pattern anymore. The hole can probably be patched easily enough, and I can totally afford new shoes right now, but both of these things take time and I sort of need these shoes for work tomorrow. And the day after. Nothing else in my closet really fits the dress code while still being comfortable enough and slip-resistant.

I could go out and try to buy new shoes tomorrow since I don't work until mid afternoon, but my husband is out of town for the weekend and he has the car and uggghh.

e: the forums timed out while I was posting and I almost double-posted because I thought it didn't go though

Find a shoe repair place in town. Doc Martins repair really well and it’ll be cheaper than replacing the boots. Most repair shops can fix them in 2 days or less. They can probably be patched on the inside with a small seam on the exterior that’s hardly noticeable.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Cowslips Warren posted:

without getting too political about it, I would really really appreciate someone explaining to me what religious freedoms the American Mormon families who were slaughtered in Mexico, did not have in the US but did in Mexico.

Because no news station will say but I am guessing polygamy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mexican-killings-spotlight-mormon-history-polygamy-66829707

It was totally polygamy, but the Mormon sect claims that these people did not practice polygamy :rolleyes:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

DicktheCat posted:

I'm tired, I'm always tired.

I sleep enough, but I'm still tired.

My job is fine, but I'm always tired.

I don't know if it's my food, or my exercise, or my medicine, or if it's my goddamned body.

I've been tired since I was 11. I played sports then, but I was still tired, but I was also supremely depressed, and wanted to die. I'm not as depressed now, I'm healing. I'm actually doing quite well.

But I'm tired.

It’s also worth getting your thyroid checked. Fatigue was one of the main indicators for my Hashimoto’s Disease diagnosis, and since getting on replacement thyroid hormone I’ve got a lot less fatigue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Butt Detective posted:

My hair looks better when I don't brush it (when it's not brushed it's super wavy and curly, when brushed it just goes bushy and I look like a spaniel) but I don't like how it feels when my hair isn't brushed :saddowns:

Try using a wide tooth comb. You’ll get the feeling of brushing your hair, but it’s not as bushy as a brush.