Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom wanted to sleep in today so she set the vet appt for 10:30. Meanwhile we woke up at 6, which is still sleeping in for us, but gently caress a duck, add that to another appt at 1, and then one at 2:30, and the entire day is shot because we couldn't get started earlier. And we could have. If she made the appt for when the drat vet opened rather than 'well maybe we can sleep in till 9!' poo poo.

I forgot to buy chips yesterday but did remember to buy the dipping sauce.

I applied for a transfer at work, to a location that is a 5 minute drive compared to my 40 one currently, and while I have seniority and the skills to move there, my boss kept asking in the interview what would happen if I didn't get the spot. IE, would I still be all chipper and the busy worker and never lazing around like my coworkers, or would I not? Would I keep helping out and doing things in the building no one else does, would I still organize poo poo for the next drivers. In short, would I continue to do more than everyone else if I didn't get the post I've wanted for over six years. The way he kept asking makes me think I won't get the spot and someone else with less seniority will....points more if it goes to someone outside the company.

I nannied for two families over the past decade and the kids are growing up, and I don't have as much contact anymore. One family is going through a divorce and possible separation. The other might be moving out of the country soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom is getting another tattoo and wants me to get one as well. She's offered to pay for it, and it's just a simple cat outline, but I really don't want to, so I told her to cancel my appointment. Now she thinks I'm afraid of loving needles when it's more I don't really want some ink permanently on my body, especially after the Bad Tattoo Thread.

Management hasn't said who got the new spot at work yet and it's been open for almost a month.

Edit. The guy with less experience and seniority than me got it. I was told I was too important to transfer because I do so much at the base. Lesson: if you shovel the most poo poo, you get the largest shovel.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Mar 5, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
At work, when a manager transfers stores, they almost always take every account with them to the new store. But since some people transfer over 40 miles away, that means for deliveries, a customer used to walking down to the store to pick up their order (in case delivery wouldn't get there asap) has to wait for delivery, which is more expensive, and all because some loving managers refuse to let go of old accounts and make new ones. Yes, boohoo, sucks you chose to move but leave the accounts in your old ZIP code behind!

We are short-staffed at work but the higher ups won't approve more staff until we can prove we need it, IE, we get at least four more accounts for our location. So we scramble to cover orders and all we need is one more person, maybe two. But then we have to get them trained and it's usually a month before they can be on their own.

I'm the usual GM in our rpg and I have absolutely no problem passing over anything to anyone, but my friend wants to change the next play to do one she made up on the fly, that is very much like an old one we did, but introduces her two 'amazing and awesome kickass twin princesses.' They are super powerful and smart and can do anything! Oh and they are super beautiful and gag me. I get the idea of wanting the SuperStrong Hero but when they have no real weakness it gets boring fast. But if I tell her no, she'll throw a fit and complain about the other play we already decided to do and say I never let anyone else choose anything (when in fact it's all done by a vote, but whatever) so I'll be the adult and say sure, we can do your MarySue rpg. Maybe someone else will get sick of it before I do.

I hate having a front yard. I swear the way to make it rain is for me to go out and weed the entire thing because within a week it will downpour. My neighbor across the street landscapes his place so mine looks even worse.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
We were out of a part at work yesterday so I called an AutoZone but they were out. I went to Walmart and they had the right bulbs. But I couldn't use the company card there, so I had to use my own credit card. Now the boss is mad because he has to get a payment reimbursement paper found and I got a reprimand for not buying the bulbs from a parts store and not calling other parts stores before I just bought some at Walmart.

Another manager I usually get along with called mine to complain about me yesterday, so that was two dings in one day. He complained that I didn't even attempt delivery on a box with a bad address and instead 'was rude and disrespectful.' Since I wasn't there to defend myself, I couldn't bring up the dozens of times they've had a bad address and I did everything in my power to find the right one. I had enough, I made the call, and the manager got pissy when he should be get mad at his team for loving poo poo up on a steady basis. And because I haven't kept a log of their mistakes, I can't prove it.

I need a vacation and somehow the weekend isn't enough.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress is there always only 2 goddamn tellers during lunch rush at the loving bank! And usually one wanders away and comes back an hour or so later.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The fish convention went super awesome and I won some prizes, and a bag of fish I really didn't want but thought someone else was going to outbid me on. So now I can't order the other fish I wanted to online. But even if I could, I'm torn between which of two species to get and it's getting close to too hot to ship fish.

One prize I got was an 8 gallon rimless tank with LED lighting and I have no place to set it up.

I have off tomorrow and Tuesday but we have a meeting on Saturday at work at loving 8am and I know maybe half of the people will show up because they don't feel like coming in. I need a good excuse in order to skip.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had to drain the pool entirely because the pump is broken. My mom wants to fix the pump even if she never uses the pool. I just want to bulldoze dirt into the fucker. Right now it's sitting dry and the mosquitoes are waiting for her to fill it.

My friend is going through a tough time in her marriage, the one I never approved of and the guy is a selfish rear end in a top hat, but I can't do anything to help her and all i can do is wait.

The front yard is full of weeds AGAIN. I just pulled the entire yard two weeks ago and it's full again. My mom keeps saying she will do it, but she never does. I guess we can blame her bad knee for it, but I also blame loving FarmVille.

Lastly, did my bullshit gauge finally hit because CinemaSins is no longer funny and is nothing but nitpicking whiny guys bitching that a hot actress isn't doing a lapdance or is their girlfriend or stupid poo poo about kids' movies?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
April Fools Day in general. Full of prank calls and people being larger assholes than usual and expecting it to be funny.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have three awesome co-op games to play but my friend and I work different schedules and at best we can do one game at a time. And it's hard to decide which one.

Our new foster kitten is under 2 pounds and cute as poo poo. She is super friendly and wants to be carried and loved on...compared to the older two who are maybe 4-5 pounds and hate us because of their past fosters. It's hard to want to cuddle a kitten who spits and bites you when the tiny fluffball plays with your toes and will sleep in your pocket.

I have to share a van at work with a guy who is six inches shorter than me, so every morning I have to fix all the drat mirrors. We don't have to share a van. He could easily use the backup van but he likes my van better. So my van racks up the miles, so it needs service sooner, so we'll have to use the backup one eventually anyway.

And there is a courier spot working for the city and I am totally qualified but I am afraid to apply because I love my job as a courier where I am, despite sharing the van thing, save for location; it's 30 miles one way every day to work, I got passed over for a promotion and someone with less skills got it, and this is the second spot open as a city courier in three months.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Arguing with someone that they NEED to loving spay their dog. Owner refuses to until the dog is 3 or 4 years old because 'I want her to grow to her full size and there is no medical reason to spay her while she is still growing.' Dog is a year old. Dog is, yes, kept inside a lot and has a locked backyard and 'will never ever run away.' So spaying her isn't important. And she cited that you wouldn't get your three year old daughter 'fixed' unless you were a monster. Trying to explain a human child is not equal to a dog is about as successful as debating evolution with a WBC church member.

Owner volunteers as a foster for cats and dogs. IE the ones pulled from shelter's e-lists. Because people don't spay their loving pets.

She got kicked out of one rescue because she insisted on feeding raw meat to the animals because 'it's natural.' Was debating about the need to vaccinate animals. And is furious when other animal owners don't spay their pets because of overpopulation. But her dog is special. A guy who won't get his male dog fixed because 'it'd make him less of a man' is wrong, but not getting her own dog fixed because 'it isn't natural and she is never around intact male dogs' is right.

At work we are short a vehicle and there is one across town no one is using but my boss won't have someone go get it because 'we'll need it there in a month or so.' BUT WE NEED IT NOW.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I finally pulled all the weeds in the front yard this weekend because the sprays never seem to work for long. I left a few patches of wildflowers and wild plants because they look nice, aren't weeds, and are flowering. My mom came out and decided to spray the gently caress out of the yard, resulting in her throwing out her back, so the rest of the weekend she spent in bed, on the couch, or barely able to sit at her computer, and because she woke up in the middle of the night to take some pain pills, she left the fridge door open and since it was open for several hours, all the food on the top shelf near the light bulb has melted, thawed, or is just no good anymore.

gently caress, the milk is room temperature. I just went grocery shopping yesterday.

My work opens an hour later today, but if I leave my house an hour later to get there or tried to sleep in, traffic would have made my 40 minute commute 90 minutes. So I have to drive in at standard time and wait in the parking lot for someone to open the loving door.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The fish club meeting went over our usual time on Saturday night by an hour, because the dude running the auction would not shut the gently caress up about how much each bag cost the club and kept trying to get people to start the bids at the end range of the spectrum.

We had a huge convention last month, and rear end in a top hat McFuckup, who was kicked out of another club, begged and whined until our president let him come, on the promise he wouldn't gently caress poo poo up. Well, he didn't threaten anyone this time or get piss drunk, but he DID use another bidder's number to rack up about $100 worth of bids, and then bailed. All those bids were on fish the club tried to auction off this past meeting, but when you have 10 people bidding on everything, the price will stay a lot lower than when you have 150 bidding and everyone outbidding each other.

So we all stayed an hour late, people got pissed, the people that drive 2 hours to the meeting were very pissed, and I ended up taking over the auction and selling everything left for a buck a bag.

We still can't vote/decide if rear end in a top hat Fuckface Thief will be allowed back to the convention next year.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Every day or so I have a delivery to a place that opens at 8am. But they never open at 8. Sometimes 8:30, sometimes 9, sometimes 8:45. It is never set and the phone is never answered. They are also in a lovely crackhead neighborhood and I want to get in and out of there asap, but sometimes I have to go two times a day, and then amazingly enough sometimes at loving 10 they're still closed!

Just change your hours sign to: ? to 5pm

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mom was getting off work late tonight so I decided to surprise her and have dinner ready. Steak, potatoes, rolls, and corn. Easy. But she came in, said the potatoes were too thick, to add milk. The corn wasn't salted right. And goddamn Cowslips, how long did you put the steak on for, if you had waited I'd have shown you the better way to cook it! Now only part of it is rare, the rest is medium rare! You didn't put enough butter in the potatoes! And oh my back is KILLING ME so I can't do any cleanup either.

Not a goddamn single thank you.

Next time I'll let her loving cook dinner with her bad back and bad knees and be a goon hiding in my room and not help.

I had a delivery today that is always a problem, but today would be different! I had the building number! I have the apartment number and the gate code! And I got there with plenty of time to spare....only for the code not to work. I had to call the sender, who got pissed and repeated the same gate code I had several times before finally calling the recipient...who said they changed the gate code recently, it's now XYZ. Bitch wants her order delivered asap despite being out of our delivery range and then gives us bad info for delivery. Thanks, bitch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom wants this album for her ipod, but itunes only has it in the UK site, and since I don't have a UK address or credit card, I will probably have to buy this stupid 90's CD on Amazon way overpriced.

We picked up a new account at work, so now we are super shortstaffed, and we can't hire more employees until we can prove we need them. We prove we need them by having more accounts, but it takes a loving month to hire and train someone new, during which we could lose the account because we can barely handle the workload.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Costco doesn't open until 10am, the pizza place opens at 11, and it's 7am right now and I want to get my errands done for the day!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Work has slowed down and now every day I am done an hour early. I want the hours, damnit!

I'm trying to sell my last clutch of snakes from last year, and every rear end in a top hat who asks about them never asks what they are eating or the genders, they right off ask what my best deal is and how low will I go to sell even one. Uh, the price is listed, rear end in a top hat, if you want the entire group I'll discount it, but one snake does not mean you get 50% off.

I want to learn to roller skate but there's only an hour session at the local rink and I don't want to be the only fat 30-something year old trying not to fall flat on her rear end.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh gently caress, seriously?

I volunteer as a foster with a cat rescue and after one kitten went to the vet yesterday, I got a note that we need to change his and his sibs' names, which are Tyrion, Jaime, and Cercei. I named them GoT because they are tiny black kittens, which are super hard to adopt, and the names are changed when they are adopted anyway! But i was told to change the name because we used those names last year. Oh, and no one in the foster group can use ANY names from Game of Thrones or Walking Dead or Scandal or any superhero movie and ESPECIALLY no Disney.

So....we should name them Inky and Blacky and Obama? Seriously? There are over 500 loving animals in the rescue, some names are going to be reused! Now when Twilight came out and every loving dog was named Bella and every white kitten was Elsa when Frozen came out, that I understand. But removing so many sources for names that might get people interested? Especially because Tyrion has a loving scar so he stands out a small bit compared to the dozen other black kittens right now in foster homes?

So you can't use the name Rick because of Walking Dead, but you also can't use any names that are in popular Disney movies, so you can name your foster kittens after colors (nope, someone already has) or famous serial killers (wait is that name also on the Walking Dead? TOSS IT), loving fine, name them after loving senators and hope someone wants a Rick Santorum. gently caress WE CAN'T USE THAT EITHER?

We had two kittens come together. Zelda was fine. Link was not.

This is a goddamn loving animal rescue, we volunteer for this poo poo, if you want to limit every name, name the goddamn animals yourself! It's not like they keep the name after adoption!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No numbers are allowed because 'they are names and names are letters.'

Maybe I should spell it out. Oneabctwodef.

My friend is whining on Facebook how he hasn't been to Disneyland in two months and it's time to go back and he misses it! Fucker, most people go to Disney once every few years if that! I haven't been since I was a kid, but now he whines too that for him to go to Disney he has to hire a housesitter to watch his pets and god it's so much money and he wants to be able to drop everything and drive over whenever he feels like it. How can you be near 40 and want to be at Disneyland every loving weekend?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I rolled the genetic dice when breeding my snakes and got mostly the standard colors, which few places want. When I called the store who buys at wholesale prices pretty much any reptile, I was told they only wanted super rare females. Which no one in their right mind would sell wholesale. So I'm stuck with five goddamn snakes that, odds-wise, should have been at least ONE nice morph.

We are maxed out at 10, loving 10 foster kittens and I want to pet and love on the new ones but they are so covered in ringworm they need to be bathed daily. But they're crying so much and desperately reaching out between the cage bars to grab us.

edit: sorry, the snakes are ball pythons, so they are not even a foot. Even as adults they won't eat cats.

Update on the three new foster kittens: I don't see any ringworm on them. The downside is still they are all about half a loving pound and miss their mom. They'd be barely weaned if she was alive/around/they weren't dropped at the shelter. So they are crying a lot and they tend to fall asleep on you if you hold them close. They have some evil sharp nails.

First world problem: I really want some of McDonald's spicy buffalo dipping sauce but I don't want any McDonald's food.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 01:31 on May 11, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend said she wanted to hang out today but now she won't reply to my messages. I think she's on another WoW kick.

Went to Panda Express today with my mom, and though their website says open at 10, their door sign said 1030. So we hit up a few stores, came back at 1030...and the lights were still off. I saw people inside, and waited, and finally I knocked on the door at 1045, and only then did they open up and let us and another couple in. The lady apologized but said the wait would be another 10-15 minutes for any food. She said the delay was because they couldn't get the safe open. And then on my receipt I have a survey option, and I want to be brutally honest about it, but I don't want someone to get fired.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I got my friend an awesome birthday present, he said it was one of the best ones he'd ever received (Weapon Brown, btw), but this year, like last year and the year before, he will forget my birthday and then say it's because I am too hard to shop for. So let's get McDonalds instead.

My mom wants to keep one of our foster kittens, and I was cool with that, until three of our new fosters died. I spent so much time trying to keep them going (the entire litter was dropped at the shelter and the babies were already sick and underweight) and kinda stopped playing with Brady. Now I don't care if we keep her or not, my mom won't decide, and I have someone who is interested in her, but goes in for major surgery in another week but wants her NOW.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Only two of our foster kittens can be neutered this weekend. All female kittens have to wait another 2 weeks because the clinic is booked solid.

A friend I rpg with is so loving happy with the new game she's made, and I don't have the heart to tell her it's so loving boring I find excuses not to play. There are only so many times your super special and powerful princesses from the future can try to seduce some random character before it gets dull. Yes yes I know her charm is at 10 or something but this poo poo is BORINg, but if I tell her my honest opinion she'll throw a fit and give me the silent treatment for a week or two.

My mom hasn't smoked in some years, but 20 years of it catches you hard. Every morning she scream-hacks up poo poo in her throat. She sounds bulimic half the time, and the gags and screamed coughs freak out the cats and usually make me peek around to make sure she's not having a heart attack. She gets snippy if I ask her to do this poo poo somewhere else, like outside, and says she can't help it. No, you can, but that would mean you couldn't play Farmville while you cough up solid mucus.

And lane leeches. People who ride in the lane nearest to the entrance/exit lane in the highway and refuse to move or speed up or let people on the highway, instead chugging along because in 5 miles they'll need to exit! I don't care if you leech, just loving MOVE or let people on! You want to drive in that lane for 40 miles, knock yourself out, but be loving courteous to everyone else on the road.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I killed about 30 cichlid fry today by checking if the eggs were fertile. They were. The mom fish spit the babies because I checked too soon. The third mom fish had a mouthful of unfertilized eggs.

I gave away the five baby pythons to an old coworker, but didn't tell my mom I also gave her one of the albino python babies. Mostly because she really wanted him, she'll use him in her educational wildlife shows, and I'm not going to demand a high price from her when she took five other snakes off our hands. Despite the fact my mom has had nothing to do with any of the snakes for about two years now, she would be furious if she knew. Because clearly I haven't been doing the right marketting to loving sell snakes no one loving wants. So Jill did us a favor, I did her a favor back.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Agreed to foster a Bengal cat who needs to be spayed, but since we're taking the last of our foster kittens to be spayed, no big deal, she can chill in another cat condo and we'll have a road trip. But the oval office who WAS fostering her didn't mention she's in heat. Vets here won't spay a cat in heat. So when we refused to take the cat, she got extremely pissy with us.

Why the gently caress doesn't McDonalds do whatever food you want, whatever time, like Burger King? I'm going to the latter more often because I can get loving fries at 4am.

I was setting up an appointment to meet someone to pick up fish, and asked if we could meet a little closer to me. The dude's reply was no, because he expected me to catch all the fish, bag and tag them, and then pay him for them. Sorry dude, when I sell fish I loving bag them for the people because that is loving nice to do.

I got my mom a chromebook for her birthday and a Kindle Fire for Mother's Day, so she can play her Farmville games without her old desktop. As far as I know she has yet to use the former and has used the latter once.

And it's all over Facebook, and one of the few radio talk shows I like that plays music too, will not shut the gently caress up about how 'PC loving crazy" the world has become, where you can't tell a gay person NO BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAG or say the N word without getting in trouble. One guy keeps harping that he respects Trump for refusing to back down or apologize; he doesn't like the dude's stance but finds it funny and loves that Trump is a proud racist. And in between sucking off Trump he whines how hard it is to be a straight white man and you can't point out the "freaks" anymore. Dude, shut the gently caress up and go back to doing funny impressions, I don't want to hear your poo poo about how being a rich white man is 'so hard in this PC liberal fucktopia.'

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
All the radio shows will be going on about the ESPY awards last night. I just want to hear some funny talk.

I am almost out of my favorite soda but have several 12 packs of Pepsi and Dr. Pepper to drink, but damnit I want my diet orange Sunkist and don't want to have to go to the store just for that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Been on vacation all week. Stayed at home because I can't afford to go anywhere and my mom needs help daily. That said, it would have been nice to get a goddamn birthday card from anyone and maybe, just MAYBE on my drat birthday she could have helped with the morning kitten chores instead of bitching about how slow her computer is with Farmville. Mom, I bought you a loving Chromebook just to play Farmville on! Also, making me go with her to the foster kitten vet clinic because "you neeeeever go." Of course loving not, I usually work early mornings and this is you ONE loving JOB WITH THE KITTENS. THIS IS LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. So I went and we got bad news about a kitten who should have only needed some eye drops.

Kids didn't want to go see Minions or Inside Out, though I have a gift card, so instead we watched the Lego Movie at home. The 11 year old said it's because "those movies are for kids." Said with a straight face while she asked next if I had any My Little Pony dolls for her to play with.

Wednesday was thrown off entirely because my mom broke a loving shoe at work, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to deliver her a new pair, which meant I couldn't do the things I wanted to the other side of town because I'd be late.

My friend took me out to lunch for my birthday and spent most of the time bitching that I am a cynic when I told him the plot holes in his movie script. No dude, the answer "BUT IT LOOKS COOL" isn't a real answer to a giant loving plot hole.

I am making ice dye shirts and am using up the ice faster than my freezer can make more.

And the kitten. Have to take a foster kitten to be put down today. FIP. No cure and seizures will painfully kill him slowly otherwise. So my last day of vacation is to put a kitten to sleep.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

drgnwr1 posted:

What is the timetable on all of these problems? Last few days? Week?

Four days. Taking kitten in in about 2 hours. The suck part is I know I'm going to cry in the drat vet office but I was fine up until I called to check for morning openings.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

kannonfodder posted:

I feel like you need to start an E/N thread about dealing with your mom, you sound like you have a lot to vent about.

Sorry about the kitten though, that really sucks. (go to the cute pictures thread and look at cute animals to feel better!)

I don't like to whine, but I think at a certain point if you don't vent, even online, you'll explode. It'll just get harder as she gets older and less able to do things. A coworker of mine told me how she hates her direct boss because he bitches about taking care of his mother-in-law nonstop, but I reminded her it's hard to do the "oh I am a live-in nurse plus work and my own family" poo poo without wanting someone or something to blame. I imagine parents of teenagers feel similar too: you bust your rear end all day and come home to someone loafing around who doesn't do poo poo, in your eyes, when they are actually busy but you just never see it. In the case of that boss, he was balancing his own store, trying to help run a store without a manager, take care of his kids over summer break, and his mother-in-law, who was in and out of the hospital, couldn't watch the kids, and overall the dude was struggling. But he couldn't get mad at the kids, or his work, but his mother-in-law he could, somewhat, in venting about her when she wasn't around.

Anyway kitten Varys is gone. His five foster siblings seem to note that they are down one, but we are taking on another this weekend from another foster who is having issues fostering cats and unrelated kittens.

And I didn't cry at the vet. I think the fact I had the paperwork all set and the techs were nice and got me in and out of the waiting area quick helped. But it never feels normal to leave with an empty carrier from a vet office.

Here, something unrelated to cats: my friend married a manchild and moved to another country to be with him. Three years into the marriage and he spends most of his days calling in sick to work and sleeping or watching movies, leaving her to work fulltime and run all the errands, deal with her own sick feline, and try to keep the place clean. She is superstressed and there's nothing I can do about it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Amen. I saw a good price for a Monster High set my niece will love, so I bought it for her birthday, forgetting I had already bought her another set for her bday. So for Xmas she is getting one and birthday the other. Hope she doesn't stop liking the drat dolls before then.

Three of my foster kittens went to an adoption event and I was told they could stay in the Petsmart adoption center since they had had their rabies vaccination. Right before closing I get an email from the adoption coordinator, who tells me I need to come pick up one of the kittens because her rabies vaccine form wasn't signed by the vet. The form the rescue has had for two loving weeks and just now saw there was no vet signature. So I have to call the vet, get the signed form faxed over, oh but wait, I don't have the fax number to the store, just the rescue. I finally get the store fax number, and have the records sent. For the next ten minutes there is nothing from the store so I keep emailing the coordinator to find out if she got the loving paper. So after twenty loving minutes since the first email I get one that says "got it thx." Now. Since the coordinator said the store was DEAD and they had no one to help adopt anyone, and she had all the loving phone and fax numbers herself, WHY THE gently caress DIDN'T SHE, AS HEAD COORDINATOR OF THE ENTIRE loving EVENT, TAKE CARE OF THIS poo poo HERSELF.

Facebook is great for letting me know which people I know and like through various fish clubs are horrible bigots, racists, women haters, and overall people who would judge me as a murderer or a slut if they knew I ever used birth control pills. Damnit dude, don't keep posting the "PP murders babies!" memes. Because now I won't be able to look you in the eye when we meet face to face anymore.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The store was out of the crab dip my mom likes so I couldn't get her any.

I was digging up tortoise eggs (they cool if left in the ground) and accidentally broke two when I was opening up the mound. I only have 8 eggs now and had to wipe smashed yolk off them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My desktop is a tiny Acer that is almost 7 years old, so I need to replace it soon, but I can't decide what other small desktop to get. Saw a cute HP one but if I get that, I'll need to get a monitor with an HDMI cable. That tells you how old the monitor is.

Our three new foster kittens are loving tiny and adorable but refuse to eat dry food, so their poops are always runny from all the wet food. And reeking of pumpkin since we have to throw that in to limit the softserve ice cream poo poo.

My mom has to go in for another surgery so I need to cancel the days off I have requested for Labor Day so I can get days off after her surgery.

But my friend has me beat. He spent all weekend moaning about how Disneyland is opening a StarWars land and a Marvel land and it's just not the real Disney anymore. He'll still go, he goes about once every three months but hearing him whine about how it's not the True Disney anymore is almost a FWP itself.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend got promoted at work, so now she is a store manager, so I see her maybe once every two weeks, when we used to hang out every day.

I have nothing to do this weekend but my car needs an oil change and I don't want to take it because the place I go to is so loving hard to get an appt at.

Tried to set up a meet with another fishkeeper, at 2am today we agreed to meet "tomorrow." For me, since it's 2am, that means today is Saturday, tomorrow is Sunday. For Mr rear end in a top hat, "tomorrow" means Saturday because he forgot 2am Saturday morning doesn't mean Friday. He got real snippy when I pointed that out and I had to cancel the meeting.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

You are the one who is wrong there.

Because 2am Saturday morning is still Saturday, so tomorrow would be Sunday?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They turned off the Wi-Fi hotspot at work :arghfist::saddowns: now I have to actually use the unlimited data that comes with the family phone plan.

Our "free unlimited" wifi at work is so loving slow it can take four minutes to load the sign-in page. Dennys has loving better wifi.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The 99 cent store near my place is now 'lovely items are a buck, halfway lovely are $2, and basic poo poo $3." I've seen some loving $6 things there. You can't call yourself a dollar store when half your stock isn't a buck.

I can't tell if my Costco membership has expired. I can just pay for a new one, but my mom gets one free from work and I don't know if they plan to give those out again this year.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Well those are all intervals of a dollar. I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse.

I painted some props and sealed them with a finish. They look great but I don't like the texture.

Sorry, thought I put the store name in. It's the 99 Cent Only store and up till this year, everything in the store was a buck and they still have up all the old signs saying NOTHING OVER 99 CENTS. I feel bad for the poor cashiers.

At another store today there was some guy asking for donations for kids with cancer. The pitch started the second your foot touched the curb. "Hey man you wanna make a kid smile? Hey man you look busy, help a kid with cancer out!" He wasn't with any group I'd ever heard of. Seriously dude, you look as trustworthy as a frat boy with roofies and wine coolers. It didn't help that he was parked right next to the exit doors so if one person came out alone, he'd ambush them and not move out of the way.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My foster kittens might have brought worms in, so now all my cats might have worms, and I am going nuts thinking every time that I am hungry, it's the worms that somehow got in my stomach and I am feeding only them. Joke's on you, fuckers, I got food grade diatom earth and you bastards are gonna get shredded.

I want to go sell plasma but am afraid to due to the many scratches up and down my arms from the drat kittens who sit in their own poo poo before walking off, so I have to bathe them, and kittens freak out, which isn't helping the AUGH PARASITES thing either.

I took special care to send my niece something awesome for her birthday and she couldn't even email me a thank-you. Meanwhile the family I nannied for, every year I get a thank you card from the girls (their parents are almost anal about this poo poo, they write out who gave what and the kids spend the day after Xmas or their birthday writing out the notes. It might seem like a lot but it does make me smile to get one.).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There was a clearance sales at Claires and everything on clearance that was under $10 was 10 for $10. Nice poo poo, I can get my niece something good and cheap. But all the craft kits that should have been a buck were instead $5, despite being under $10 initially. The manager said she had no idea. Now, $5 isn't that bad but when the poo poo was originally $7, that isn't much of a sale. And really I have plenty of gifts for her, but at $1 each for a kit, that price was too good to pass up. I just like to be the cool aunt that looks like she spent a lot of money when it was all cheap.

All the stores around me no longer sell the large cans of cat food. They sell the medium ones, but only three flavors, and then the small cans, in 15 flavors give or take, but you need to buy three of the small to get the same amount as the large can, and I go through a lot of large cans with the foster kittens.

Pizza places that open at 11am on Sunday. gently caress, I want pizza at 8am, open the gently caress up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why are there no good cheap blenders that can totally liquify spinach so there's no stringy parts?

Got the pizza. And the bastards thought Light Sauce meant we wanted sauce that squirted out all over every side when we bit down. After the first bite the loving cheese slid off and all we had were giant sauce covered pieces of soggy pizza because the sauce had leaked through the bottom. Even out of the box.

The gently caress, you bitch. I understand you were there alone but wtf is with being THAT passive aggressive to people who weren't loving rude to you and were fine with waiting an extra 20 mins if you needed it?