Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Boring, humorless old GBS is back, baby! :toot:
:qq: this thread is taking up valuable toilet and lolcat thread space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Good thing I know which parts of the bible God is ok with me ignoring and which parts he wants me to persecute others for not following

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
God blessed us with today

*thousands of African children starve to death*

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

chaosbreather posted:

that it would even be a good thing if god (or ANY god) exists, an actual all powerful genocidal hate beast who demands you love him enough to kill your kids, makes up crazy rules about everything and then lets you kill more people to get out of them, that is actually to blame for every horrible moment of the last 300 million years of biology. a being with so much power and so little empathy, who delivers an eternity in a dehumanising passionless prison for believers and eternity in a excruciating insanity for the rest, who creates a minefield and forces children to walk on it, claiming they can do none else despite claiming omnipotence because he lacks the moral compass of the most corrupt cop

that is some stupid poo poo right there

:eyepop:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Stupid Jesus Lovers believe they are being persecuted by the mean atheists when in fact it's the other way around.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
God loves all his children, except for the people I hare

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cymoril posted:

When asked their zodiac sign, they replied, "Christian."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pr0k posted:

http://www.crossofstbenedict.com/ultimate-weapon-to-defend-families-prayer-enrollment-included/

INDULGENCES! gently caress YEAH!

You been rapin' your nine-year-old neighbor for years? Indulgences!
Want to have a little personal crusades against your towelhead, parking-place-stealing neighbors? Indulgences!
Want some rogue angels to try to get back into heaven thereby unmaking the world? Indulgences!
Want to lure a kid to your garage so you can blast the poo poo out of him with a shotgun? IN FUCKIN DULGENCES!

CHECK OUT THIS poo poo

• Trinitarian, Celtic and Marian
    Perpetual Prayer enrollment included, your intentions will be included in our daily celebration of the Liturgy of the Hours, Holy Mass, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Adoration, Holy Rosary.

• Exorcised salt included inside the cross.

• Made of solid wood.

• Touched to the first class relic of the True Cross

• Approved Benedictine Blessing by a priest if requested prior to shipment

• Certificate of Authencity included.

• St. Benedict Medal embedded to have favor of the Church's 20 indulgences
    Miraculous Medal or Two Hearts Medal embedded making it a perfect icon.

• Surprise gifts in the package, creating a multi-sensory unique spiritual experience. *may be sticky

It slices, it dices, it's a saltshaker, it executes vampires, and it comes with TWENTY COUNT EM TWENTY FREE RIDES FOR ANY KIND OF SIN WHATSOEVER.

So get rapin' - get killin - AND GET YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN BENEDICTINE CROSS TODAY FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF $230! Try to get a plenary indulgence for less!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jupiter's Cock!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

XMNN posted:

this time im going to work out whether kyrie is actually a crazy catholic fundamemtalist or if he just plays one on television

3 pages and still no Kyrie? Are we finally free?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

Only through Christ are we free from sin.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
That being told they can't assault a gay/black person with impunity is an attack on their religious freedoms.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I have a neighbor who's a youth leader at the local church and a former cop and he's a good and cool person.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i got the lord lord lord lord down in my heart

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Agag posted:

Only through Christ are we free from sin.

don't start with me

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i got the lord lord lord lord down in my heart

where :toot:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
This is a story all about how my bowels got flipped, turned upside down. Gonna take a minute, just sit right there I'll tell you how I got diarrhea from corn dogs at the fair.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe one day xtians will realise that all the good stuff they say was done because of christianity wasnt that at all, it was just like basic common decency shining through. thats all i believe in. maybe one day...lol nah they'll never realise it fucken godfuckers

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

Has Effectronica been in yet? Their meltdown in the previous SJLAB thread was a thing of terrible beauty, and it would be nice to see a sequel.

edit: Oh, and hail Satan.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We need some new gods IMO.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

We need some new gods IMO.

Yawah is the only god

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I like the loophole that you can spend your entire life doing unspeakably horrible things to innocent people (medical experiments on children with no anesthesia, committing genocide and murdering millions of people, etc etc) and on your deathbed if you say you're sorry and accept Jesus into your heart and really really mean it, you get a free pass to heaven.

If Mother Theresa had even a doubt then she's being raped and torn apart by literal fire monsters for ETERNITY

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

935 posted:

I like the loophole that you can spend your entire life doing unspeakably horrible things to innocent people (medical experiments on children with no anesthesia, committing genocide and murdering millions of people, etc etc) and on your deathbed if you say you're sorry and accept Jesus into your heart and really really mean it, you get a free pass to heaven.

If Mother Theresa had even a doubt then she's being raped and torn apart by literal fire monsters for ETERNITY

Coincidentally that makes it a great control mechanism for large populations

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

carl sagan is smoking weed with bob marley in the first circle of hell because one was a scientist and the other was a philosopher

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

935 posted:

Mother Theresa wasn't a very good person anyways.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

chaosbreather posted:

that it would even be a good thing if god (or ANY god) exists, an actual all powerful genocidal hate beast who demands you love him enough to kill your kids, makes up crazy rules about everything and then lets you kill more people to get out of them, that is actually to blame for every horrible moment of the last 300 million years of biology-

Heh, nice try dude. We all know the Earth is only 6000 years old.

God Bless

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

However, to allege that the God of the Bible is some sort of “monster” for ordering Israel to destroy the inhabitants of Canaan exhibits an ignorance of biblical teaching. Those inhabitants were destroyed because of their wickedness (Deuteronomy 9:4; 18:9-14). They were so evil that their Creator no longer could abide their corruption. That they had numerous opportunities to repent is evident from the prophetic books (Nineveh did repent, for example, and for a time stayed the day of destruction).

Complaining about Jehovah’s order to destroy innocent children is a vain gesture when one realizes that the children were spared an even worse fate of being reared as slaves under the domination of sin. Instead of having to endure the scourge of a life of immorality and wickedness, these innocents were ushered early into the bliss of Paradise. If the male children had been allowed to mature, they most likely would have followed the pagan ways of their forefathers, and eventually would have taken vengeance on the Israelites. Killing the males not only prevented them from falling into the same abominable sins as their parents, but also kept Israel from having to battle them later.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Hmm, I wonder how they would rationalize taking the female children as sex slaves.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Kanthulhu posted:

Hmm, I wonder how they would rationalize taking the female children as sex slaves.

game of thrones is crap, how does that grab you

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

gnarlyhotep posted:

game of thrones is crap, how does that grab you

I disagree, I find it a little entertaining.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Bible should talk about brushing your teeth & flossing, it's important not only to your dental health but if you get an infection in a tooth you can die

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this disgraceful thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don’t do such a disgraceful thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.” But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30 Everyone who saw it said, “Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Think about it! Consider it! Tell us what to do!”

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a bit too timecube for my tastes, i think i prefer the bit with the she-bears

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
jesus lovers believe satan exists, so theres that at least.

shame they picked the wrong team :(

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Joey Gladstone posted:

Bible should talk about brushing your teeth & flossing, it's important not only to your dental health but if you get an infection in a tooth you can die

the Bible does talk about hygiene stuff, like not drinking from the same water supply that you use for washing. very smart in a world before sanitation systems

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yawah is the only god

The Bible says there's a whole bunch of gods, like Baal, Marduk, Asheroth, Tiamat and the like, but Yahweh is the best one and can light fires way better than Baal can. Elijah (at least I think it was him) had a "pray to your god to ask them to light this fire" contest with some Baal fans and Baal really sucked at it. Not sure how that works with the whole "don't put your god to the test" commandments, but I think the fire-lighting contest was Yahweh's idea in the first place so it was alright.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Master Bateman posted:

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this disgraceful thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don’t do such a disgraceful thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.” But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30 Everyone who saw it said, “Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Think about it! Consider it! Tell us what to do!”

This is extremely my poo poo

e: post the one about the power rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

Judges is some wacko level poo poo. I'm no religious scholar what is the point of these kinds of passages anyway? What's the message?

• Locked thread