Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
whenever volume pastes things here it really makes me appreciate not being raised religious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

During the dark ages, superstition and ignorance controlled the minds of the masses. A few brave men obeyed God and brought the Scriptures to the world: this is their story.

lol, you post a lot of dumb quotes, but this guy completely misunderstood the dark ages I think

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

Jesus WASN'T Italian or French or British or Thai or a Metrosexual, NO He was American. THAT'S WHY AMERICA IS UNDER GOD!!!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It's a long story, but at one point in my life I ended up being the only white guy in a black Pentecostal church service that lasted like 4 hours, with at least an hour of it involving speaking in tongue. It was probably the singular most uncomfortable weird as gently caress situation I've ever been involved in.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

nawcom posted:

this thread is a good reminder that:

a) people are as stupid, if not stupider than the most conservative muslims

b) these people have roles in government and even go as far as ruling what children are being taught in public education

b) if current or future generations don't do much, it'll stay the same and most likely get worse

can't wait until they die off. the big problem is: the longevity of life continues to increase and the way gen x is ending up, it doesn't sound too good

gawd bless americah

you could sum it up more succinctly and say religion (especially abrahamic) is a cancer on humanity and provides no real positive benefits to society at all

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

a particularly hard bender?

Worse, I was invited, and the dude that invited me was really nice and I couldn't say no. He also outranked me in the military and gave me car rides.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

practically blackmail imo

yeah basically, but it was worth not walking around for 10 weeks in fort leonard wood. It was neat in sociological kind of way though. It definitely impressed me in a lot of ways, though not the way I think the church guy would have hoped.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

A "girly-man" hairstyle is a guy with long hair, which the Bible says is wrong.

cognitive dissonance.txt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
nice work dude :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Iron Prince posted:

Matt. 28:20